JLA Movie Cast For 2015 Film

#1 Edited by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

You'd stick with the JLU cast? Nice choices.

#3 Posted by SupBatz (1705 posts) - - Show Bio

I like a lot of the choices. Particularly Martian Manhunter - never would've considered Caviezel on my own but now that I think about it I really like the idea.

#4 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

Great casting choices, and even better roster choice. (-: I miss JLU

#5 Edited by Lvenger (18525 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting choices. The JL cartoon roster would be familiar faces. Your choice for Batman doesn't look right though IMO. Who is he?

#6 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Captain13 (3284 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork said:

WIN

#8 Edited by ltbrd (561 posts) - - Show Bio

I would change out Green Lantern (any version, not just picking on John) and replace with either Aquaman or more likely Cyborg.....only because I don't like the idea of a Green Lantern on the team and never have. I realize he's a founding member but I never understood how a guy (or guys) that can have lightyears of space and dozens to hundreds of planets to cover and protect could focus so much on Earth and being on a team. Its mostly comes down to wanting the Green Lantern title to be more of a space series than it is (though GLC has been doing a much better job of that in recent years) and I think leaving a GL off the Justice League (unless the film focuses on an alien invasion and then it would be okay for him to be there but not be recognized by Earth as part of the team) in favor of another entirely Earth-based character. As Aquaman might be a stretch for movie audiences, especially if there are no underwater scenes, then going with Cyborg would seem the better choice.

However I don't have a problem with any of your actor/actress choices though I would point out that it might be weird for Batman to be taller than Superman considering Hammer is 6'4" and Cavill is 6'1".

#9 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Arnnie Hammer is to tall. Besides they already said they are considering Jake Gyllenhaal to play Batman.

I want Hal as GL. And Barry as Flash. And it must have Aquaman.

#10 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12607 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome choices. Not how I would have done it but its still very good,nonetheless

#11 Edited by The Stegman (23258 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, I'm a traditionalist, give me Hal for GL and Barry for Flash, get rid of Hawkgirl and give me Aquaman

My cast

And for Martian Manhunter:

#12 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

NO!

HAL > JOHN

BARRY > WALLY

CYBORG > MARTIAN MANHUNTER

#13 Posted by greyhame97 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the idea of Armie Hammer as Batman... maybe Jon Hamm?

#14 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Good picks! I don't know the actor for Martian Manhunter, and I think personally I'd like his alter ego to be black like in JL: Doom. IMO Armie Hammer is a little too pretty to be Batman but I like the choice. Ryan Gosling as the Flash I like (especially more than bradley cooper who would be a terrible Flash).

I think Barry would make more sense in a movie too. I love Hal and he's the classic GL, but I could totally live with John Stewart as the Green Lantern. He has the recognition power from the animated series and he's a great character and adds a little diversity to the very white line up. I do like the inclusion of Hawkgirl because it also gives us a second female character, but I would want Aquaman in there. Maybe not instead of Hawkgirl but in addition?

@sethysquare:

Relax dude. And Cyborg< Martian Manhunter in a Justice League line up. Cyborg is a Titan.

#15 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14 said:

@sethysquare:

Relax dude. And Cyborg< Martian Manhunter in a Justice League line up. Cyborg is a Titan.

Not anymore!

Also Cyborg is hot and sexy. Cyborg > MM

#16 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@Mbecks14 said:

@sethysquare:

Not anymore!

Martian Manhunter has been a leaguer for 52 years. Cyborg has been one for less than 2. In a blockbuster movie, it'd be a smarter call to go with the classic more recognizable line up. Cyborg could be hot and sexy if they toned down his ridiculous armor.

I love Vic, but I don't think he belongs in a JL Movie.

#17 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

Arnnie Hammer is to tall. Besides they already said they are considering Jake Gyllenhaal to play Batman. I want Hal as GL. And Barry as Flash. And it must have Aquaman.

...Are you serious?

Anyway, I'd be stoked if they went with the JLU cast, although my picks are pretty different than OP's:

• Superman- Henry Cavill or the guy who played Flash Thompson in Spider-Man. Joe Mangiello or something like that.
  • Batman- Michael Fassbender
  • Wonder Woman- Cobie Smulders
  • Flash (Allen)- Bradley Cooper
  • Green Lantern (Stewart)- Michael Jai White
  • Martian Manhunter- Djimon Honsou (spelling?)
  • Hawkgirl- Jessica Biel or an unknown

BUT, I'd prefer that they do the classic seven, with these changes:

• Green Lantern (Jordan)- Nathan Fillion
  • Aquaman- Alexander Skarsgard

What the roster will probably and unfortunately be for 2015:

• Superman
  • Batman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Green Lantern
  • Flash
  • Cyborg
#18 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024: Yup, saw it in some site...
#19 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: That would suck. I've heard that they wanted Karl Urban for Batman, and I think that choice isn't too bad. He was a good Dredd.

Gyellenhaal is my pick for an adult Peter Parker.

#20 Posted by FlashKnight (448 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as we get MM, Bats and Flash I don't care who else is in the movie :p

#21 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14 said:

@sethysquare said:

@Mbecks14 said:

@sethysquare:

Not anymore!

Martian Manhunter has been a leaguer for 52 years. Cyborg has been one for less than 2. In a blockbuster movie, it'd be a smarter call to go with the classic more recognizable line up. Cyborg could be hot and sexy if they toned down his ridiculous armor.

Just like Cyborg was hanging out with the league's first foray on TV.

#22 Posted by xtremekidx (576 posts) - - Show Bio

it might just be me but in a jl origin story,i would love to stick with hal just for the barry and hal moments,in the sequel(if there is one)change him up with other lanterns..

#23 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: The Superfreinds spin off that goes unremembered? I think that barely counts.

#24 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14 said:

@sethysquare: The Superfreinds spin off that goes unremembered? I think that barely counts.

it wasn't a superfriends spin off. its a continuation of superfriends.

#25 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Irrelevant.

@SandMan_: @Gambit1024: Gyllenhaal is just speculation. At this point there's no casting rumors that are likely to stick at all. I would seriously doubt we'd see Gyllenhaal in the role

#26 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@Mbecks14 said:

@sethysquare said:

@Mbecks14 said:

@sethysquare:

Not anymore!

Just like Cyborg was hanging out with the league's first foray on TV.

Well, so was Robin. That doesn't mean he belongs there.

#27 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush: But the point is martian manhunter wasn't there. which means hes really not that important. So much so that they conveniently left him out in the animated series.

#28 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@SandMan_ said:

Arnnie Hammer is to tall. Besides they already said they are considering Jake Gyllenhaal to play Batman. I want Hal as GL. And Barry as Flash. And it must have Aquaman.

...Are you serious?

Anyway, I'd be stoked if they went with the JLU cast, although my picks are pretty different than OP's:

• Superman- Henry Cavill or the guy who played Flash Thompson in Spider-Man. Joe Mangiello or something like that.
  • Batman- Michael Fassbender
  • Wonder Woman- Cobie Smulders
  • Flash (Allen)- Bradley Cooper
  • Green Lantern (Stewart)- Michael Jai White
  • Martian Manhunter- Djimon Honsou (spelling?)
  • Hawkgirl- Jessica Biel or an unknown

BUT, I'd prefer that they do the classic seven, with these changes:

• Green Lantern (Jordan)- Nathan Fillion
  • Aquaman- Alexander Skarsgard

What the roster will probably and unfortunately be for 2015:

• Superman
  • Batman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Green Lantern
  • Flash
  • Cyborg

Superman - Henry Cavill

Batman - Fassbender or Stephen Amell

Wonder Woman - Jessica Beil

Green Lantern(Hal) - Nathan or Bradley Cooper

Flash(Wally west) - Neil Patrick Harris

MM - CGI voice by Carl Lumbly or Cyborg - Idris Elba

But I prefer they put Cyborg instead of MM, cuz it looks weird when you saw a Green, red eyes guy appear on the screen, they should save MM for JLA 2

#29 Edited by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush: @sethysquare: I agree with Funrush. And Martian Manhunter was in the Justice League animated series...I don't know what you're talking about (unless you're only referring to the Superfriends). For a long time, J'onn was THE Stable in the League roster. I think he's a pretty important member, and should definitely get prevalence over Cyborg in league recognition.

#30 Posted by batmanJLAmanhunter (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman- Henry Cavill

Batman- Michael Fassbender

Green Lanter (Hal)- Jake Gylenhal

Flash- Ryan Gosling

Wonder Woman- Jessica Biel

Hawkman- Sean Bean/ Sam Worthington

Hawkgirl- Olivia Wilde

Aquaman- Luke Ford/ Leonardo Dicaprio

Martian Manhunter- Jim Caviezel

#31 Edited by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14 said:

@Funrush: @sethysquare: I agree with Funrush. And Martian Manhunter was in the Justice League animated series...I don't know what you're talking about (unless you're only referring to the Superfriends). For a long time, J'onn was THE Stable in the League roster. I think he's a pretty important member, and should definitely get prevalence over Cyborg in league recognition.

He was referring to Superfriends.

@sethysquare said:

@Funrush: But the point is martian manhunter wasn't there. which means hes really not that important. So much so that they conveniently left him out in the animated series.

Well, is it really a good idea to base your opinions on that crappy 70's cartoon that basically destroyed the reputations of all the characters on it (Aquaman being the main victim)?

#32 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

@Mbecks14 said:

He was referring to Superfriends.

@sethysquare said:

Well, is it really a good idea to base your opinions on that crappy 70's cartoon that basically destroyed the reputations of all the characters on it (Aquaman being the main victim)?

Lol So i guess because Cyborg was in an eight episode continuation of the Superfriends he is better than the Martian Manhunter?

#33 Posted by geoff2005 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

you guys do realize they rarely get big name actors and actresses to start off a super hero movie franchise, i would say only person they did that with is RDJ and probably Ryan Reynolds.

#34 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6223 posts) - - Show Bio

great choices bro! most of the actors whould fit the roles and most of them look like the characters. BTW I Love the JL Intro.

#35 Edited by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush: none of their reputation were being destroyed. it was marketed for kids and it was a much beloved franchise even until today.

Sadly for u DC is currently pushing for Cyborg to be in the movie so despite who deservea to be in the movie, Cyborg WILL be in the movie.

#36 Posted by Captain13 (3284 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman-Clark Kent (Played by Henry Cavill)

Batman-Bruce Wayne (Played by Ryan Gosling)

Wonder Woman-Diana of Themyscira (Played by Gina Carano)

Green Lantern-John Stewart (Played by Chadwick Boseman)

Flash-Barry Allen/Wally West (Played by Chris Pine)

The Martian Manhunter (Played by Andy Serkis)

#37 Posted by TheCannon (17995 posts) - - Show Bio

This official or just a fan cast?

#38 Posted by Captain13 (3284 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: fancast

#39 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I'm admittedly terrible at these, but here's a fancast I was able to put together with help from google:

JLA:

Villains:

I went with Steppenwolf as the big bad because I figured DC would want to avoid Darkseid for the Thanos comparisons.

#41 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

I do wonder why Hawkgirl was ever put into the JL roster, she wasn't exactly much compared to the others, I liked her character nonetheless.

I think MM should just be left out, he doesn't have much of an audience anyway sooo yeah.

#42 Posted by FlashKnight (448 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkgirl was put into the animated series to balance out the male-female ration if I remember it right

Also who says MM doesn't have much of an audience

#43 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

the new 52 version with cyborg include mm belongs to stormwatch.

#44 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

@FlashKnight said:

Also who says MM doesn't have much of an audience

You srs? You don't even need it told to you I mean go to superherostuff.com in MM's section there's like 6 t-shirts and they aren't even good. Everyone else has like 32984329579 categories to buy stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.