Jim Lee's Redesigned Justice League Fully Revealed

Posted by G-Man (32118 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been about a week since we've had any reminders in the news about DC's revamp/relaunch titles coming in September. We will see 52 #1 issues featuring redesigned characters, many with tweaks or changes made to their looks and origins.

This following image was brought to my attention courtesy of Comic Vine member Agent_Prince.

Doing a little look around the internet, it seem this image came from 'Toon Tumbler's Facebook page. What is this picture for?

== TEASER ==

'Toon Tumbler makes a variety of very cool looking glasses featuring different characters. This image of the Justice League will be splashed across a San Diego Comic-Con exclusive glass.

If you are planning on attending Comic-Con this year, this could be something you'd want to look for. What are your thoughts on the glass and Lee's designs? We will get to see Justice League #1 on newstands on August 31, 2011. Have I officially stated how excited I am for this? If I haven't made that clear by now, please let it be noted.

Staff
#1 Posted by CombatSpoon86 (832 posts) - - Show Bio

They are all armored up. We'll see how long they can keep on a monthly release schedule

#2 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome!

#3 Posted by AndyPhifer (104 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadman will be in the Justice League? Hmm.

#4 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#5 Posted by MrMazz (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont really see a big difference only one that looks really different is cyborg

#6 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

Will Cyborg be awesome and not forgettable??

#7 Posted by B'Town (2336 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw this photo on Twitter earlier today. Someone had pointed out that on the right side just below Hawkman is someone who looks very much like Scandal Savage. This makes my heart skip a beat, I love Scandal and have been waiting for news on her and some of the other Secret Six team members. I don't know why she would be here with the rest of these good guys, but I am certainly excited to find out. I really do hope it IS her.

On the glass, I would love to pick one up. San Diego is a ways from my home but one never knows. :)

#8 Posted by batmanboy11 (198 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Superman's redesign. Batman really doesn't look much different though, it's really just the oval being gone (again).

#9 Posted by darth_brendroid (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of these designs look a little better here. Chances are it'll be the artists on the books who make/break these designs.

#10 Posted by cobra88king8 (339 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the new looks. Is it just me or do they all look a lot younger? 

#11 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone remember power rangers the movie? when the designers took the spandex and made it into REAL ARMOR? this is exactly what jim did... SUPERMAN HAS SHOULDER ARMOR! SHOULDER ARMOR! 

i say it again!  

SHOULDER! ARMOR!

#12 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to vomit... I like to kick Jim Lee a..s...
Supermansuit is a dissater, horrible. Don't look powerfull, looks like Superboy

#13 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes doesn't look too bad.  In fact, his re-design seems the most different to his current outfit whilst still looking really good.  A little disappointed Flash didn't get a significant update, but what are ya gonna do...

#14 Posted by Xion (247 posts) - - Show Bio

i just want to know who is the girl between hawkman and mera! hopefully Power Girl!

#15 Posted by GraveSp (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it going to be Barry or Wally?  I'm hoping for Wally

#16 Posted by Antonio_Blackheart (1542 posts) - - Show Bio

this awesome i was never a big DC FAN but now i'm a big DC fan...............
#17 Posted by Richard Wolfe (593 posts) - - Show Bio

They all look too much the same......LAME

#18 Posted by afrokola (32 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks awesome, Superman and Green Lantern look especially cool.

#19 Posted by UnosInfinitos (149 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this is all neat I don't like the new S look though it looks very "extreme 90's" and by that I mean drawn on with big copic marker. I like WW except I think gold would look better one her ( and by that I mean switch to gold) .

I don't know I have to drive through 40 minutes of traffic to get to my local DNA comic so I'll only be catchin glimpses of this universe. Auugh I guess I'll find out

#20 Posted by Icon (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is the one DC character I'll always respect. While I'm not crazy about shoulder armor and the belt, overall he still looks good to me. It's not too big of a change that I can't accept it.

#21 Edited by Xenozoic Shaman (410 posts) - - Show Bio
@cobra88king8 said:

Yeah, this has been the trend for so long in television, books and film.  I prefer age diversity, as it makes things more interesting.
#22 Posted by ErelMaatita (2 posts) - - Show Bio

totally agrre with @mikeclark1982:  
why would the world's most powerful heroes needs an armor....WHY???????

#23 Posted by Green Flash (155 posts) - - Show Bio

If you go to the toon tumbler fb page, and click download on the bottom left, you can get a high-res version...quite nice

#24 Posted by .o0Johnny0o. (757 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss Plastic Man =[

#25 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio
@GraveSp said:
Is it going to be Barry or Wally?  I'm hoping for Wally

It's Barry
#26 Edited by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Really?

I posted this this morning. To be frank, im surprised you didnt see this sooner. Its in my blog from this morning. 
And its been a pretty busy thread all day today. 

I find it funny that its been on your site all day and you just found out about it.  
So to get credit for finding it, I have to send it to you? Because I find almost everything pretty much a day before you post it.
#27 Posted by B'Town (2336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xion said:

i just want to know who is the girl between hawkman and mera! hopefully Power Girl!

It looks like Scandal Savage to me. Why she would be here makes no sense to me. But that face is Scandal.

#28 Posted by niamahai (39 posts) - - Show Bio

oh thank god WW doesn't have hooker heels.

sad to see Cyborg is now the token black dude. Black Lightning is always my tokenest of black dude.

#29 Posted by B'Town (2336 posts) - - Show Bio

@doordoor123 said:

Really? I posted this this morning. To be frank, im surprised you didnt see this sooner. Its in my blog from this morning.

Toot. Toot. Toot.

#30 Posted by The Stegman (23902 posts) - - Show Bio
@ErelMaatita:  

in case they ever get depowered or something they'll have more than just latex and spandex to protect them from a bullet
#31 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@GraveSp: Barry
#32 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone looks awesome except Cyborg. He looks out of place to me. I love the way Superman is looking

#33 Posted by VanAce (139 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty cool. Whether aspects of these costumes stay, like the shoulder pads, in the long term will be interesting. Does Superman need shoulder pads?

#34 Edited by Cervantes (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, the Wonder Woman design is a go! Too late to RELAUNCH THE SHOW? This could work - a lot better than the "new costume" with all the crazy straps. Maybe I shouldn't have hated on the silver instead of gold, because here it looks great. 

RELAUNCH, RELAUNCH, RELAUNCH! 

Lose the choker, though, unless she's going to prom. 

Is @MikeClark1982 right about the Power Rangers? You decide, here's the Nostalgia Critic's movie review, I think it's disturbing: 

http://blip.tv/play/gbk7zehXAg
#35 Posted by Nasar7 (157 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xenozoic Shaman said:
@cobra88king8 said:

Yeah, this has been the trend for so long in television, books and film.  I prefer age diversity, as it makes things more interesting.
They all look too young. I really don't like it. 
#36 Posted by HighBall29 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

No underwear on the outsides, Nice touch! Kinda looks like everyone helped themselves to a sock or two in Batman's case :)

#37 Posted by niamahai (39 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@ErelMaatita:

totally agrre with @mikeclark1982:

in case they ever get depowered or something they'll have more than just latex and spandex to protect them from a bullet

wha.. are you telling me chiseled abs and extremely goods are not enough to stop a volley of bullets?

#38 Posted by The Stegman (23902 posts) - - Show Bio
@niamahai:  

@The Stegman said:

@ErelMaatita:

wha.. are you telling me chiseled abs and extremely goods are not enough to stop a volley of bullets?

i know, you would think it would be MORE than enough..but i guess they're playing the 'better safe than sorry" route
#39 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Each and every re-design here stinks. Flash the lone exception, but those boots...meh.

#40 Posted by Cervantes (634 posts) - - Show Bio
@mikeclark1982

Yeah, "Go, go Super RAN-GER!" 

Here's Nostalgia Critic's review of the Power Rangers movie to illustrate your point:  

http://blip.tv/play/gbk7zehXAg
#41 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2240 posts) - - Show Bio

They look awe inspiring, like Olympic Gods.

#42 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12918 posts) - - Show Bio

@B'Town  

thats not Scandal, its Zealot
#43 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4701 posts) - - Show Bio
@turoksonofstone: It's sort of like the era in Marvel where everyone had shoulder pads. The fins on Aqua Man I can understand because he's lame, but Superman needing a belt and space fabric is annoying to look at.
#44 Posted by Henrypm (30 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't want to see wonder woman wearing pants and i wish instead superman belt red is better to see yellow belt

#45 Posted by ChrisAngel (3955 posts) - - Show Bio
@turoksonofstone said:
Each and every re-design here stinks. Flash the lone exception, but those boots...meh.

Im sorry, but I reiterate a statement made in another thread. Superman looks MUCH better. Hell, Batman looks damn good too.
#46 Posted by B'Town (2336 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Wonder Woman and Superman look gorgeous. And younger, which is fine. I have decided for the first time ever I am going to pick up a Justice .... book. I haven't picked up anything with Superman in it since I was a kid. I might like this.

#47 Posted by niamahai (39 posts) - - Show Bio

now that i've seen flash's boots, the extra lines on some of their clothing pieces are really unnecessary.

.. me thinks Jim Lee is still stuck in the 90s

#48 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4701 posts) - - Show Bio
@niamahai: Thank you! For the love of goddamn, thank you...
#49 Posted by B'Town (2336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@B'Town

thats not Scandal, its Zealot

How do you know? It sure looks like Scandal, the eyes, the mole. :(

#50 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

Besides Cyborg. They all look pretty good. 
I think Aquaman, GL, and Bruce win
Tier two is Supes, Wondy and Flash

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.