Jim Lee isn't the only person leaving the Justice League

Posted by russia599 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

As we wave goodbye to one of DC's current greatest artists, Jim Lee, we also bid adieu to Hal Jordan, the current Green Lantern, who's long life ended in the Green Lantern Annual last month and the mantle was passed over to Simon Baz. I'm sad to see Jordan leave, but to be fair I wasn't enjoying him take up the Joker of the Pack title in the Justice League. Captain Marvel is set to be replacing him and it won't be long till Atom, Element Woman and others join the team. Surprisingly Baz will not be replacing Jordan in the Justice League, infact he appears to be battling them on the cover of Green Lantern #14, but he is scheduled to be joining JLA next year. It will be interesting to see how things work out for Hal and Baz, so I would stay tuned in the Green Lantern books for that.

#1 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

When you say his Long Life Ended, he's not actually dead is he? he's on that cover that you've used.

Not to keen on Hal leaving though, you need a lentern on the team.

Also, any idea on where Jim Lee's going after Justice League? I hope these "Man of Steel" book rumors are true.

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12867 posts) - - Show Bio

Bye bye for now Hal, I hope to see you come home someday.

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Baz looks like a luchador in that picture

#4 Posted by Lvenger (19084 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh he'll be back. Probably as a Black Lantern in the Rise of the Third Army crossover but he'll be back alive at some point. This is comic books after all.

@russia599: Where did you find that image? It looks sweet.

#5 Posted by russia599 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: I actually was just browsing the pictures of Hal in ComicVine and I came across this beauty, looking forward to this issue!

@htb106: I'm not sure about Hal's death, read the annual it kinda confirms it. I really hope The Man of Steel will be happening, especially since the movie does kinda need alot of hype.

#6 Posted by aaunderoath (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@russia599 said:

@Lvenger: I actually was just browsing the pictures of Hal in ComicVine and I came across this beauty, looking forward to this issue!

@htb106: I'm not sure about Hal's death, read the annual it kinda confirms it. I really hope The Man of Steel will be happening, especially since the movie does kinda need alot of hype.

That image is the cover of Green Lantern #18 so Hal will probably be back sooner than later. And at the end of Green Lantern #0 Hal and Sinestro appear so maybe Hal isn't quite dead yet :)

#7 Posted by Lvenger (19084 posts) - - Show Bio

@aaunderoath: How do you know it's the cover of Green Lantern 18? And if you're right, DC are just breaking the rule they put in place about death after Blackest Night. Annoying.

#8 Posted by russia599 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

@aaunderoath: I haven't read the zero issue but make no mistake I will be picking it up at the end of this month, I kind of want Hal to stay dead for a while though it adds a little buzz to the DC Universe and I think it would make Hal a stronger character when he returns.

@Lvenger: I don't know its the cover but ComicVine did an article on Baz and his place in the DC Universe and the image was titled 'Green Lantern #18', If you want to read the article it's Doug Mahke interview, It's on the site. I didn't read Blackest Night, so what rule was placed I'd love to know:)

#9 Posted by Lvenger (19084 posts) - - Show Bio

@russia599: In the technical scan, Hal and Barry are talking after the aftermath of Blackest Night about how death is permanent now Nekron and the Black Lantern Corps have been vanquished. In an interview, Didio or Johns, can't remember which said that characters who were killed in the DC Universe would stay dead. How long that will last, I don't know.

#10 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait what? Hal DIED? WHAT? I don't follow GL that much but WHAT?

#11 Posted by Spectre108 (269 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure he'll be back in a few months. I could be wrong though. It would be odd for a character to resurrect twice. Has any character died twice and come back twice?

#12 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not the biggest fan of Baz's design, especially in that picture. I am, however, looking forward to GL in October. All 4 books. I hope Baz kicks serious tail.

#13 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wboy: @Spectre108: he'll be back. as the greatest black lantern. according to the book of black or whatever its called.

#14 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

:'( i love u hal

#15 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@aaunderoath: How do you know it's the cover of Green Lantern 18? And if you're right, DC are just breaking the rule they put in place about death after Blackest Night. Annoying.

Who said Hal is going to die?

#16 Posted by SmashBrawler (5600 posts) - - Show Bio

@Spectre108: Most of the Justice League, pre-New 52:

• Superman died in the Death of Superman (duh) and died again in the Obsidian Age (short death, same with everyone else)
  • Batman died in the Obsidian Age and died again in Final Crisis (but he wasn't really dead the second time around, so I don't know if this one counts)
  • Wonder Woman was killed by Neron in Underworld Unleashed and died again in the Obsidian Age
  • Kyle Rayner died in the Obsidian Age and died again in Blackest Night
  • Wally West died (kinda) in Zero Hour and died again in the Obsidian Age
  • Aquaman died (kinda) in Our Worlds At War and died again some time after Infinite Crisis
#17 Posted by Lvenger (19084 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@Lvenger said:

Well if Green Lantern Annual 1 and that Book of the Black prophecy is anything to go by, things aren't looking good for Hal. Though I doubt he'll be killed off.

#18 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@sethysquare said:

@Lvenger said:

Well if Green Lantern Annual 1 and that Book of the Black prophecy is anything to go by, things aren't looking good for Hal. Though I doubt he'll be killed off.

nah. don't think so. but theres going to be big things for hal.

#19 Edited by Spectre108 (269 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

@Spectre108: Most of the Justice League, pre-New 52:

• Superman died in the Death of Superman (duh) and died again in the Obsidian Age (short death, same with everyone else)
  • Batman died in the Obsidian Age and died again in Final Crisis (but he wasn't really dead the second time around, so I don't know if this one counts)
  • Wonder Woman was killed by Neron in Underworld Unleashed and died again in the Obsidian Age
  • Kyle Rayner died in the Obsidian Age and died again in Blackest Night
  • Wally West died (kinda) in Zero Hour and died again in the Obsidian Age
  • Aquaman died (kinda) in Our Worlds At War and died again some time after Infinite Crisis

Well that's a lot more than I had expected. Now I feel like I need to read Obsidian Age.

#20 Posted by SmashBrawler (5600 posts) - - Show Bio

@Spectre108: It's a pretty good story, although I recommend reading Golden Perfect first, since that's the beggining of Joe Kelly's run

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.