'Injustice: Gods Among Us' Battle Edition and Release Date Revealed

• 109 results
Posted by G-Man (29415 posts) - - Show Bio

'Injustice: Gods Among Us' is almost here. Since seeing the images and videos and playing it at NYCC, the game's release date has always felt so far off. The release date as well as details for the Battle Edition have been revealed.

For some, playing with a fight stick makes all the difference. Looking at this picture makes it feel that much more real. The game is almost here.

When is it coming out? The game will be released in North America on April 16 for Xbox 360, PS3 and the Wii U system from Nintendo.

The Battle Edition package will be available in limited quantities at Gamestop and EB Games stores. The Battle Edition is only available for Xbox 360 and PS3. Here's the PS3 version, which is basically the same with a different case:

The Battle Edition will retail for $149.99. It includes the game disc, exclusive fight stick with official artwork and three exclusive skins based on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman from the New 52. The stick is a lightweight controller that has a non-skid foam underside, a lockout feature for the Start, Select and Guide buttons as well as adjustable illumination for the buttons and joystick.

But that's not all. An image for the Collector's Edition has also been revealed.

This will (obviously) be sold separately for $99.99 at various retailers throughout Nort America for Xbox 360 and PS3. The Collector's Edition includes an exclusive DC Collectibles statue, a special collector's edition of the comic book, a digital download of the animated film Justice League: Doom and three exclusive skins.

What's worth noting (and as @SuperZeroInc also tweeted me), it looks like we have another confirmed character for the game?

Staff
#1 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday! Awesome!

Everything about this game looks great!

#2 Edited by k4tzm4n (35204 posts) - - Show Bio

DOOMSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

And that $99.99 version is sooooo tempting.  I usually don't shell out extra cash when it comes to games, but I'm really excited for this one and that statue is quite awesome. Plus, I'm a sucker for extra costumes.

Staff
#3 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

OH HELL YEAH DOOMSDAY

#4 Posted by LordRequiem (1302 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday would be awesome.

#5 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3403 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday is coming!

#6 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldnt mind getting the European edition instead of the American one though...

#7 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

this game just got a whole lot better

#8 Edited by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

IGN's article which addresses this shows a very different looking statue/items...multiple collector's editions?

Still, that fight stick looks awesome. Which one do I buy? Can I justify both? ....Probably.

Oh, and Doomsday...XD

#9 Posted by tejasclone (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@JLDoom: Will that European edition work on a US console?

#10 Posted by Spideycap (212 posts) - - Show Bio

@JLDoom said:

Doomsday! Awesome!

Everything about this game looks great!

Yes, my exact thoughts!

#11 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

@tejasclone: Man, I wish, but last time I checked PAL games dont work with NTSC consoles :/

#12 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

So, they release a full roster yet?

#13 Posted by Kneepawn (45 posts) - - Show Bio

The EU statue is so awesome. This game though might be a reason for me to finally get my own console... lol

#14 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

@JLDoom:That's the European version (the picture you've posted)?

#15 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedQueen: Yep!

#16 Edited by UlquiorraSchiffer (58 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: They have not.16 have been revealed so far (EDIT: Including Doomsday), I'm assuming that's not the whole roster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Injustice_gods_among_us#Playable_characters

#17 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@UlquiorraSchiffer: Liking DS, Nightwing, and Cyborg. 
Needs more Plastic Man though. Also more non-Bat related villains.
#18 Posted by SmashBrawler (4741 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday? Interesting.

And yes, the European version is a lot better than the American one. I'll take that steelbook over Justice League Doom any day.

#19 Posted by jwalser3 (4411 posts) - - Show Bio

@JLDoom said:

I wouldnt mind getting the European edition instead of the American one though...

I feel like all the pre order DLC will be on the market a month after release.

#20 Posted by raptorsrevenge (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: Man, def. going to be buying that...

#21 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27334 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is Nort America?

The collectors edition will be mine

#22 Posted by FTomato (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@tejasclone: PS3 version will definitely be region free (but you'll likely need a European PSN account to download DLC). Not sure about 360.

#23 Posted by Loki9876 (2981 posts) - - Show Bio

doomsday and alternative costume for batman

#24 Posted by dondave (26617 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool

#25 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8753 posts) - - Show Bio

You get a lot of great stuff for that bundle

#26 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday?! Holy sh*t!

#27 Posted by kennybaese (1002 posts) - - Show Bio

If I had to guess, those costumes will be sold separately as DLC at some point, so I'll probably be sticking to the standard edition. I can't play for crap with a fightstick and, while the statue looks rad (the Euro one is better) I don't need MORE comic book stuff sitting around my house.

#28 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

@JLDoom: Awesome! Preferred that one :D

#29 Posted by kagato (243 posts) - - Show Bio

When the euro edition goes up for sale im picking up a copy of the Xbox special and the WiiU edition, im giving the xbox game to my stepson but keeping the statue and tin box...is that wrong? ^_^

#30 Posted by mightypug78 (303 posts) - - Show Bio

curse my almost non-existent level of income!

#31 Posted by saoakden (957 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to get this game.

#32 Posted by Nightw BR (99 posts) - - Show Bio

Just need

Zatanna

Tim Drake/Robin

Kyle Raynor/ Green Lantern

John Stewart/ Green Lantern

Sinestro

Barbara Gordon/ Batgirl or Cassandra Cain or Stephanie Brown

Black Canary

Hawkgirl

Red Hood

Martian Manhunter

Aquaman

Penguin will probably just be a non playable character in story mode, since there are rumors about him out there.

#33 Posted by EscGamer (100 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't which to get at all, most likely I'll end up with the collectors edition

#34 Posted by Tellumo (511 posts) - - Show Bio

THE STICK, I NEED IT!

Don't care much for the game itself though MK is pretty rubbish so a carbon copy will be horrible.

#35 Posted by iancoderre3 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMGO GOMMGOGMHGFgIfgvISYHGDUOWhfugdsiuardhfuibgyesdvuygaZYiYHQ8OWRYW894

#36 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

When will amazon put this up for pre-order cause i really really really want it

#37 Edited by cattlebattle (12275 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the bundles have a comic cover that features the symbol of Martian Manhunter and Robin....

I would be pretty confident that Manhunter and a Robin appear in this game

#38 Posted by CitizenJP (570 posts) - - Show Bio

This....this is amazing.

#39 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw shucks. I want to both the collectable figuring and the injustice fight stick

#40 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: Well, I dont think I can download a statue or a steelbook ;)

But I get what youre saying, they'll probably release a complete or GOTY edition in a year

#41 Posted by BR_Havoc (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

The collectors edition is cool but I think they could of done better with the figure. So is it safe to say that this story line will turn into the Red Son comic pretty fast?

#42 Posted by Mandrewgora (282 posts) - - Show Bio

hawk man should still be in this, though...

#43 Posted by UlquiorraSchiffer (58 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: Needs more Larfleeze.

#44 Edited by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey check this out.

Yesterday, Lex Luthor and Bane were revealed as playable characters in the upcoming DC Comics fighting game, Injustice: Gods Amongs Us. The reveal came from leaked images of the new @Gamer magazine, and now today new information and images have surfaced from that very same article. This time we learn a bit about the plot and more importantly, learn that Aquaman, Sinestro, Doomsday and Shazam will all be playable characters.

Excerpt from the article:
Picking up in Gotham City, the initial moments show Metropolis utterly devastated by a nuclear explosion. Batman is seen interrogating the Joker in Gotham, during which the Man of Steel blasts through the wall and attempts to kill the Clown Prince of Crime, saying something about being drugged and duped into causing the blast. We then flash back to before the nuke detonated and take the role of Batman checking up on Joker at Arkham Asylum, after seeing sequences of familiar heroes and villains fighting in Metropolis. Sights of such characters as Aquaman, Shazam, Doomsday and Sinestro hint at coming playble fighter reveals.
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=72404#QghTwjA5gVawdII9.99
#45 Posted by UlquiorraSchiffer (58 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: Ditto, doubt it'll happen though, in a world where Batman dominates everything from Comics to Videogames to Movies.

#46 Posted by Azrael66 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely buying the Collector's Edition.

#47 Posted by NewKid (354 posts) - - Show Bio

doomsday.

:)

#48 Posted by Bluefox170 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not accustomed to fight sticks, are they enjoyable?

#49 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bluefox170 said:

I am not accustomed to fight sticks, are they enjoyable?

thats what she said

#50 Posted by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not very enthusiastic about the storyline...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.