Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

If WB Greenlights JUSTICE LEAGUE, Snyder Will Likely Direct

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Superdork
    No Caption Provided

"I've read this particular section in the latest issue of Empire Magazine a few times now and there appears to be a little wriggle room in the Snyders' response to the subject of a potential Justice League film. Director Zack Snyder (Watchmen, Sucker Punch, Man of Steel) and his Producer-wife, Deborah Snyder (Man of Steel) confirm in the latest issue of Empire that a Justice League film depends on the box office success of Man of Steel and if Warner Bros. decides to greenlight such a film, Zack will indeed be asked to direct it. Now they don't outright say that if the new Superman film is a success that automatically guarantees a Justice League film is coming, only that Justice League depends on Man of Steel; which is a statement that would hold true for any DC adaptation following in the film's wake. Also, they state that Zack will be asked to direct Justice League but don't specify whether he'll accept the job. However, the director did indicate some excitement about the chances of creating a DC cinematic universe, “I have a hard time having perspective. But I have to say that it is everything that I could have hoped for. Touch wood that I am not insane, but it feels really good," said Snyder.

Obviously, Snyder is remaining cautiously optimistic - you don't want to count your chickens before they hatch in this situation but the pre-release buzz for Man of Steel has all been incredibly positive thus far. With a purported production budget of $175M it's anyone's guess what the magic box office number for WB is that will lead studio execs to pull the trigger on whatever their post Man of Steel plans may be."

-Mark Julian

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=78194#vx2Lg4AOcLrGyIet.99

No Caption Provided

"Snyder is all but done with Man of Steel and it looks like Warner Bros. have offered him the top seat for Justice League.

We don’t know if he’s accepted, and we don’t know when he’d actually make the film, but it seems more or less certain on all available evidence that he’s actually been offered the gig.

Corroborating this, perhaps, is a recent interview between Ruben Fleischer and Screen Crush. There to talk about Gangster Squad, Fleischer was inevitably asked about the League.

He said:

Well that’s something that Zack Snyder is going to wind up doing.

Now, his phrasing does suggest to me a sense of resignation more than inside knowledge, but he’s far from the only voice on this – he’s just been the most public.

The plan as we’re hearing it is for Snyder and his Man of Steel writer David Goyer to put their heads together and see what Justice League ideas they can come up with. After this, Goyer will turn in a draft and the studio will see where to go from there.

This plan may already be in action, it may have been in action for some time, or it may have recently been agreed upon – nobody has made this clear to me. But somewhere in the pipeline is a serious run at a Snyder-Goyer Justice League.

I’d guess that the plan was made a little while ago and Warner Bros. are now firming things up and deciding if they’ll commit fully. Warner Bros. Pictures’ president Jeff Robinov has teased an upcoming announcement, and while clear-voiced whispers say he’ll have more than one picture to unveil, I’m still imagining that Justice League will be at the heart of the studio’s strategy."

-Brendon Connelly

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04/23/justice-league-movie-seems-set-to-reunite-man-of-steels-zack-snyder-and-david-goyer/

Get excited, Viners! If you and your friends watch Man of Steel, then we could be on the way to the greatest summer superhero movie of all time.

Sound off below!

Eternelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shows where my mind is that it went directly to Scott Snyder.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This just made my frickin' week, dude!!!!!

Loading Video...

The greatness!! The greatness!!!

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Captain13

After seeing that Man of Steel trailer, I'm in. This is sick.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

#5  Edited By Arkhamc1tizen

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

czechoslovakia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By czechoslovakia

I'd prefer if he didn't direct the JL film considering his filmography is embarrassing

czechoslovakia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By czechoslovakia

My ideal choice would be Brad Bird

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

How unfortunate.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.