How Would You Have Done It: Found The Justice League (Read)

#1 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

It's 2011. You're Geoff Johns, and you're told that Warner Bros. wants to make a Justice League movie but are looking for more modern stories to base it off of. So you're put in charge of writing the JLA.

1. Who do you choose to found the Justice League (You MUST have at least one woman and one african american character). Every character on the team must be given an ongoing solo title that will sell well. (Sorry MM fans) The roster must be 5-7 epic characters, and it cannot be too reminiscent of the Avengers.

2. Who is/are the big bad{s} who leads to the formation of the league?

3. Which artist do you choose to draw your scripts?

Go!

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12572 posts) - - Show Bio

What black characters sell well?

#3 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

You need to build one up or push one into the forefront.

John Stewart is part of a popular franchise and has name recognition. Steel had a feature film. Cyborg has been in several cartoons and TV shows. Etc.

#4 Posted by justice teen (439 posts) - - Show Bio

DC sucks at that. Some how they always manage to screw up promoting a new character. Unless it a iconic character they will mess them up completely and cause to smh, I can name some examples but the list too long and i think everyone can come up with 20 in one second. Also steel movie suck, john is ok but just ok he could be better, and cyborg comes off as lame when they show him on tv, proving my point

#5 Posted by TheCannon (17938 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork said:

1. Who do you choose to found the Justice League (You MUST have at least one woman and one african american character). Every character on the team must be given an ongoing solo title that will sell well. (Sorry MM fans) The roster must be 5-7 epic characters, and it cannot be too reminiscent of the Avengers.

Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash (Wally), Aquaman, Steel, & Green Lantern.

Sucks that we can't use Manhunter, but he wouldn't have a good selling solo series.

@Superdork said:

Darkseid. However, he makes a deal with Lex Luthor to form the Injustice Gang (or Legion of Doom, still haven't decided on the name) and help pave the way, which the League fights.

@Superdork said:

I don't remember the name. Whoever draws the current Wonder Woman series.

#6 Edited by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

Batman

Wonder woman

Flash

John Stewart

Black Canary

Cyborg

They'd fight Darkseid and Deathstroke.

I'd choose Brett Booth to draw the scripts because I've loved his recent work on Teen Titans.

#7 Posted by BigBDawg (263 posts) - - Show Bio

I said this earlier, but I forgot some of the stuff I wanted for it! XD

So my Justice League roster is as follows; Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, The Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (John Stewart), and Zatanna.

The idea I have for the origins would have the League brought together to clash with the forces of Nekron, years before his rise to power again in Blackest Night so it'd mean a lot of risk to stop him before he gained the powers he has in BN. So it's either him, Darkseid, Brainiac, or Despero.

As for penciller/artist, I'd want Ivan Reis to draw the scripts, given the crisp art that Mr. Reis is known for as in the pages of Green Lantern as well as Blackest Night, Brightest Day, and so much more. Another choice? Jim Lee, no contest

#8 Edited by FullmetalChobit (218 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Aquaman, Blue Beetle, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash (Barry Allen), GL (Hal Jordan), Robin **  

2.Brainiac, Darkseid, Deadline. 

3.Frank Quitely

**That's right, I'm fed up with Bats dominating everything so I'm going for a Robin (Oh and I've decided on Hispanic as apposed to African-American.)  

#9 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6131 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, Superman, Green Lantern (John Stewart), Wonder Woman, Flash, Black Canary and Green Arrow  BC and GA are DC's version of Hawk-eye and Black Widow.
They fight Lex Luthor, Joker and Darkseid.

#10 Posted by BigBDawg (263 posts) - - Show Bio

In a way, MadeinBangladesh, GA and BC are also like Hawkeye and Mockingbird in a way. XD But yours is pretty cool.

#11 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Batman
  • Superman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Barry Allen
  • Hal Jordan
  • Black Canary (Does Birds of Prey count as good selling ongoing?)
  • Aquaman
  • Cyborg (His miniseries a few years back sold well, didn't it?)

Villains are Darkseid, Lex Luthor.

Jim Lee draws.

#12 Posted by TheCannon (17938 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@Superdork said:

Sucks that we can't use Manhunter, but he wouldn't have a good selling solo series.

@Superdork said:

Darkseid. However, he makes a deal with Lex Luthor to form the Injustice Gang (or Legion of Doom, still haven't decided on the name) and help pave the way, which the League fights.

@Superdork said:

This.

#13 Posted by TheCannon (17938 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@TheCannon said:

@Superdork said:

@Superdork said:

@Superdork said:

This.

This.

#14 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

• Superman
  • Batman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Black Lightning
  • Flash
  • Hal Jordan
  • Zatanna

2. Brianiac with Apokolips tec but only references to Darksied

3. Jim Lee would draw but not design the costumes

#15 Posted by TheCannon (17938 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#16 Edited by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: @BlueLantern1995:

So the Cannon bumps and Blue Lantern attacks me. This thread was posted 2 months ago! It wasn't even on the first page of the Justice League forum. It was a dead thread!

I am not getting into a flamewar with you guys. I've had enough. It's really immature. Good day and happy trolling.

#17 Posted by TheCannon (17938 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork Don't say I tired to do anything. I had no complaints. All I did was bump this.

#18 Edited by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: Yes. You and Blue Lantern always team up like this to start Martian Manhunter related flame wars. Everyone who comes to the Justice League forum knows it. The rules say to ignore trolls. You knew what you were doing when you bumped this thread instead of others like it with different rules. I'm really tired of the two of you. I will not respond to any more of your quotes or replies. Feel free to do or say whatever you want. I have given my two cents. 'Nuff said.

#19 Edited by TheCannon (17938 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork said:

@TheCannon: Yes. You and Blue Lantern always team up like this to start Martian Manhunter related flame wars. Everyone who comes to the Justice League forum knows it. The rules say to ignore trolls. You knew what you were doing when you bumped this thread. I'm really tired of the two of you. I will not respond to any more of your quotes or replies. Feel free to do or say whatever you want. I have given my two cents. 'Nuff said.

I did not do anything you idiot! All I wanted to do was bump a decent topic. You're an absolute moron if you think I did anything to start a flame war.

#20 Posted by Lvenger (18429 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@Superdork said:

@TheCannon: Yes. You and Blue Lantern always team up like this to start Martian Manhunter related flame wars. Everyone who comes to the Justice League forum knows it. The rules say to ignore trolls. You knew what you were doing when you bumped this thread. I'm really tired of the two of you. I will not respond to any more of your quotes or replies. Feel free to do or say whatever you want. I have given my two cents. 'Nuff said.

I did not do anything you idiot! All I wanted to do was bump a decent topic. You're an absolute moron if you think I did anything to start a flame war.

Enough with the insults. It doesn't help your case and you're creating unnecessary drama. Try to minimise on this please.

#21 Posted by Lvenger (18429 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995 said:

How was my response...did it solve my issue any?

Better. A much more amicable response. BlueLantern and the Cannon are just expressing their opinions which they are entitled to do. Both may be on the opposite sides of the fence to you regarding Cyborg as a founding member status but the forums are supposed to be a place of reasonable discussion. The response you gave came off a little rude I have to say.

#22 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: I'm sorry if it came off that way. I'm just not interested in any flame wars. I don't want to be drawn into any fights especially if I've been drawn into them before. Again, I'm sorry if I was rude. But I will not be further involved in any Justice League roster discussion.

#23 Posted by Lvenger (18429 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork: Fair enough. This is your thread though. Not discussing your topic is a tad strange if I may say so.

#24 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's just try to get it back on topic, now that it's already been bumped.

@Superdork said:

It's 2011. You're Geoff Johns, and you're told that Warner Bros. wants to make a Justice League movie but are looking for more modern stories to base it off of. So you're put in charge of writing the JLA.

Go!

Cast:

1. Wonder Woman
  2. Flash (Wally West)
  3. Batwing
  4. Power Girl
  5. Green Lantern (John Stewart)
  6. Booster Gold

Big Bad:

Formation:

• Threat of invasion by Apokolips. Power Girl--under control by Granny Goodness--is sent to Earth on command of Apokolips to conquer the planet. She is stopped by Batman & Superman but both are nearly killed in the process and put out of commission for the rest of the film. Power Girl, now free from control, warns Wonder Woman that full-scale invasion by the occupation force is imminent. She sets out to find other heroes to help defend Earth. They contact John Stewart and Wally West, and Batwing comes forward as a part of Batman's contingency plans. Booster Gold hears about it somehow and tags along.

Script Artist:

My assumption is that the Batman & Superman franchises will be running on their own steam, so they show up as cameos in the JL film, but the actual bulk of the movie is Wonder Woman's show.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.