Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3312 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

How does GL fit in the new DC Cinematic Universe?

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So I'm assuming that 'Man Of Steel' is like the starting point for the Cinematic Universe but theres some things that makes me wonder.

Green Lantern

Will he basically be Supermans B**ch? I mean the Lantern Corps are supposed to protect the Galaxy but they let the Kryptonians kill people from other planets take over, when they aren't even super powered? I mean, wasn't the Kryptonians killing everyone around the Galaxy? And they did nothing about this? They were obviously looking to dominate most planets to expand their empire, hence the reason they have the World Engine. But as people who are supposed to protect the galaxy and the threats within it, they let billions of people die?

This could either mean

A. Somehow they weren't aware and aren't as well versed with the Universe as they are supposed to be like the movie 'Green Lantern'.

B. They were getting their tales kicked from left to right from non-superpowered Krypotnains and this already makes GL look like he's going to be weak as in compared to Superman. Something we, as Comic Movie fans, don't really want to see.

The only movie that has by passed one powerful character and the rest being weak is Dr. Manhattan but they did it so well. Avengers didn't make the rest look too weak as in comapred to Hulk and Thor. And I'm not sure if they are going to reboot Green Lantern. But its either Hal just sit there and let Superman do all the work not doing his job or Superman just watched Hal almost die and Parallax take control of Earth(Non reboot). What, was Supermans dad just like "Don't do it son. They wont accept you" while you have this guy with Alien technology trying to save a planet and seems to create about anything he wants?(Reboot)

So I'm asking you guys, how do you think Green Lantern will be introduced in the new DC Cinematic Universe?

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

yeah for my green latern from the previous movie wont exists. Superman is supposed to be the first superhero

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#3  Edited By Extremis

@wardemon32: see this is the problem with establishing these cinematic universes to begin with. It's like they have a balancing act to do and all these explanations before we can even meet the characters.

I say we just give them some slack and see what happens. Personally I'm more worried about things like casting and creative decisions. I cant even make it that far to worry about plot details.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Fallschirmjager

The Kryptonians were never stated to be conquerors. They just said they were explorers that set out through the stars.

They make no mention of killing anyone, or anything. And even the World Engines are never have stated to wiped out previous civilizations. And the planet Zod's team finds the world engine on looks like a barren planet with no life on it whatsoever.

You're making all those assumptions and have created a problem where there is none.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager:

Okay.

1. Calm down. Its not that serious.
    2. There is no problem. Its a simple question.
    3. Its not like I came in and was like "GL is going to be Supermans b**tch because they couldn't even beat them!". So again.. calm down
    4. I never said they were doing that. I asked that. How was I assuming if I asked?

Anyways...

"...we sought out to the old colonial outpost looking for signs of life, but all we found was death, cut off from Krypton these outpost withered and died long ago. We salvaged what we could--armour, weapons, even a World Engine"

-Zod

"...in the era of expansion our race spread out through the stars, seeking new worlds to settle upon, this starship is one of thousands lost into the void. We built outpost on other planets using great machines to reshape evniornments to our needs. For 100,000 years we flourished, our civilization floursihed, accomplishing wonders"

-Jor-El

When you hear "era of expansion" you think of dominating other people. Through-out history anytime an empire "expanded" they usually took control of another county full of people which usually leads to killing. Who is to say that they didn't have to fight for that planet? Couldn't you make a scenario where that planet was fought for and in the battle they were cut off from Krypton and they all ended up losing the battle? Why would the World Engine be laying down? If they had it standing up shouldn't it still be standing up since no-one was there to touch it according to you? Maybe the Kryptonians lost and they race broken it down but they still died from the Atmosphere?

And being that we see them trying to take over Earth(A plnaet full of billions of people) couldn't we make the conclusion or assume that they did the same thing to other planets being that this was sort of refrenced through out the movie? You mean to tell me they did this for 100,000 years and no-one died? Isn't there a possibility of that happening? You're acting as if I'm saying "X happened and thats it" when I'm saying "X could have possibly happened and do you think it happened and how do you think this would play out"

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32: No, you calm down. I am calm.

Who can read emotion in text anyway? Its not like I was typing in caps.

Again...all of this is assumptions on your part. There is an inconceivable amount of planets in the universe. Its silly to think they were murdering people left and right - when they never said they did - just because they set out into the stars.

Our own solar system only has 1/9 planets that can support life. And given their World Engine could warp the planets to their needs, they could probably settle on any planet they wanted.

You're saying "Why didn't the Green Lanterns stop the Kryptonians from killing people in the galaxy" when you have no proof of the latter. I'm saying, why are you assuming they murdered people? Kryptonians aren't human, there is no reason to think they would act in similar fashion to us - if they ever encountered alien lifeforms - which there is no mention if they did or what happened when they did.

We're literally talking hypotheticals about hypotheticals and its a bit silly.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, you calm down. I am calm.

Who can read emotion in text anyway? Its not like I was typing in caps.

You actually can. But you told me to calm down which means you think I'm not calm so wouldn't that be contradicting yourself? Enough about who's calm and who's not.

And Krypton is several light years away. If you read the prequel to Man Of Steel it only took them a few years to get to Earth so it doesn't matter if theres "an inconceivable amount of planets in the universe" the fact that they could get to Earth in just 10 years who knows how fast they'll get to other Alien planets.

And if they could just warp the planets to their needs? I realize you said "probably" as if I wasn't saying probably the whole entire time but you find something wrong with me saying probably. If they could have done that to any planet they wanted, why didn't they just kill Superman right there, get the growth codex, and go to a different planet instead of killing the humans? Why didn't they just come in peace to get a growth codex saying "we need to save our Kryptonians and theres one on this planet that is the saviour of his own race"?

Actually Kryptons are much like humans, they just developed much faster that ours. And you're takign what I'm saying out of context. The fact that I stated a possibility and then I said that means I choose that posibility and expanded on it if it actually did happen. I never said it actually happened.

What I'm saying is "a bit silly" when you have literally no proof or logic to what you're saying besides "Kryptonians aren't humans" which they are and what I'm saying actually makes sense. And this is DC Universe. Of course they met other aliens and they were doing this for 100,000 years. They already met alien like creatures before.

If you're going to get hostile and try to insult people because someone made a theory that you can't disprove then I'm kindly asking you to leave this thread.

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they'd just ignore it. CIN.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommyjones1945:

Ignore the previous history that may have happened and just make GL seem powerful like he should?

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommyjones1945:

Ignore the previous history that may have happened and just make GL seem powerful like he should?

What are we talking about?

CIN.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@wardemon32 said:

And Krypton is several light years away. If you read the prequel to Man Of Steel it only took them a few years to get to Earth so it doesn't matter if theres "an inconceivable amount of planets in the universe" the fact that they could get to Earth in just 10 years who knows how fast they'll get to other Alien planets.

And if they could just warp the planets to their needs? I realize you said "probably" as if I wasn't saying probably the whole entire time but you find something wrong with me saying probably. If they could have done that to any planet they wanted, why didn't they just kill Superman right there, get the growth codex, and go to a different planet instead of killing the humans? Why didn't they just come in peace to get a growth codex saying "we need to save our Kryptonians and theres one on this planet that is the saviour of his own race"?

Actually Kryptons are much like humans, they just developed much faster that ours. And you're takign what I'm saying out of context. The fact that I stated a possibility and then I said that means I choose that posibility and expanded on it if it actually did happen. I never said it actually happened.

What I'm saying is "a bit silly" when you have literally no proof or logic to what you're saying besides "Kryptonians aren't humans" which they are and what I'm saying actually makes sense. And this is DC Universe. Of course they met other aliens and they were doing this for 100,000 years. They already met alien like creatures before.

If you're going to get hostile and try to insult people because someone made a theory that you can't disprove then I'm kindly asking you to leave this thread.

1) Your first point is irrelevant. Zod and his crew were kryptonian criminals. Using them as an example for the entire race is a poor example. We aren't going to send our prisoners to colonize when we were start exploring space, are we?

2) And you have zero proof that Kryptonians were killing other civilizations when they were exploring space. They never said as much.

3) I'm not hostile, you keep choosing to get sensitive because I think your points aren't good. I have never insulted you.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wardemon32

@fallschirmjager said:

1) Your first point is irrelevant. Zod and his crew were kryptonian criminals. Using them as an example for the entire race is a poor example. We aren't going to send our prisoners to colonize when we were start exploring space, are we?

2) And you have zero proof that Kryptonians were killing other civilizations when they were exploring space. They never said as much.

3) I'm not hostile, you keep choosing to get sensitive because I think your points aren't good. I have never insulted you.

Do you comprehend anything I have said? Do you comprehend the meaning of theory? Do you comprehend the word "possibly"? Do you comprehend the word "scheme"?

If you actually paid attention to the movie and stop trying to mix it out of order then you would know that they weren't actually considered criminals before they tried to save Krypton and killed one of the Judges. Before then they were just regular military soldiers.

If I could use them I should be able to use the whole entire race because they followed under the Governments order, they just don't pick and choose what they do. That would make them the government and they obviously weren't. So if Zods crew was doing it then I'm pretty sure the whole entire Kryptonian army was doing the same exact thing under orders. Unless you're trying to say that Zod and his crew was doing this by themselves for about 100,000 years? Keep in mind they weren't criminals at the time. First point addressed. And actually, Zod had control over the whole of Kyrptons military. If he is just willing to take out Earth filled with 7 billion people then what makes you think he wouldn't do it to another planet?

Again. Why are you claiming that I said this was a fact? If you could read what I'm saying its obvious that is was obviously just a theory and I made a scheme based off of one of the questions. The fact that I asked you guys how will he be introduced means that I feel what I'm saying could be wrong and there another way. But you want to make a debate out of everything. And you have zero proof to disprove what I'm saying. Instead you could have just made a theory of your own on how it would/should play out.

"....the foundation has to be built on something, even your father recognized that"

-Zod.

All of these quotes are hinting that they would be willing to kill another civilization for their benefit. Anytime and everytime a certain group wants to take over a certain area about all of the time it deals with killing someone off to get that. You didn't address anything or put any logic into anything but you still stand to say I'm just completely wrong?

So let me ask you something. Why did Kryptonians have those kind of weapons? Was it to defend themsevles from other Alien races comign and trying to take them over? If that is the case then couldn't I easily say that this could be the opposite also? Why did they need to make ginetically enhanced soldiers and send them out in space?

I'm not being sensative about anything. You just seem as if you're getting hostile and you're so high and mighty and smart based off of something you can't prove or disprove but at the end of the day you like knowing that someone was wrong and you were right. I couldn't give two sh*ts if you don't like what I say honestly. As long as you're not being ignorant about anything then I'm fine.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32: Do you even comprehend how much you're grasping at straws here?

And what does it matter how good or bad they were before the coup? That single event is what starts Zod spiral from a misguided savoir to a full blown villain. You claim I lack comprehension and yet dismiss that event as if it had no significance whatsoever.

Did you even watch the movie? Zod was trying to convince Superman to betray the Earth and kill everyone on it. Do you really think that statement was said in truth? Get real. Jor-El even took extreme lengths to HIDE the damn codex from Zod - but you're right I guess. Jor-El actually wanted Superman to kill everyone on Earth with Zod - he just wanted Zod to work for it. Makes complete sense.

Point out once sentence where I insulted you. I didn't. You just keep getting defensive as if you have some moral high ground here - you don't.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32: Do you even comprehend how much you're grasping at straws here?

And what does it matter how good or bad they were before the coup? That single event is what starts Zod spiral from a misguided savoir to a full blown villain. You claim I lack comprehension and yet dismiss that event as if it had no significance whatsoever.

Did you even watch the movie? Zod was trying to convince Superman to betray the Earth and kill everyone on it. Do you really think that statement was said in truth? Get real. Jor-El even took extreme lengths to HIDE the damn codex from Zod - but you're right I guess. Jor-El actually wanted Superman to kill everyone on Earth with Zod - he just wanted Zod to work for it. Makes complete sense.

Point out once sentence where I insulted you. I didn't. You just keep getting defensive as if you have some moral high ground here - you don't.

So saying that Zod tried to convince Superman to take out an entire race is you trying to help your case? Just because Jor-El tried to hide the codex from Zod that point in time, it doesn't mean that he didn't hold any past contributions for the fall of other races. And how much say would Jor-El actually have as in compared to a military leader who doesn't care much about other racres as long as its in the care of Krypton?

Where did I say Jor-El wanted everyone on Earth to die? I was just using that quote to say that Jor-El understood that if you actually wanted universal domination(to a certain extent) there will be casualties.

The fact that Zod has shown to compassion to any race but his own, stated that if it was in the benefit for his people he would do it, they have been doing this for 100,000 years, all indictes that there is a possbility. And you're ignoring the fact that if you want something you have to take it. So there's still a chance this may have happened on many different occasions,

And everything you say sounds as if its supposed to be demeaning. Especially when you said "...its silly to think" AKA stupid.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@wardemon32:

And what are you saying? That Jor-El all long wanted every human on Earth to die so Krypton could survive despite evidence of the contrary? The long range sensors his robot showed they had detailed knowledge of Earth from our atmospheric composition to our physiology. If the Kryptonians were so quick to kill everyone as you keep saying - why did they instead choose to harvest their planets core, despite Jor-El's warning it would destroy the planet - instead of just conqueror the human race who would be inferior in every way to them?

Furthermore - The Kryptonians hadn't been colonizing in thousands of years. Jor-El said as much when he was begging the Console to give him the Codex. And again when he explains their history to Superman. The scout ship that had been sent out by the Kryptonians crashed on earth 18,000+ years before hand, only further evidence of this. Even look at the outpost Zod's visits when he finds the World Engine - the planet is a barren wasteland long devoid of support life as evidence by the fact that they had to wear space suits, something which they don't have to do in Earth's orbit. That suggest the solar system's star itself may be dead. At the point when we're introduced to them the Kryptonians were an isolationist civilization.

I mean...lets indulge your theory for a second. Lets say the Kryptonians were slaughtering everyone in the galaxy (despite no evidence of it). Lets say the Green Lanterns actually went at war with them. Who's to say the war is not all ready long over with? The Kryptonians had not been colonizing in thousands of years. So even if your theory was correct - the problem of putting GL's in MoS-verse is still minimal at best. In fact if they went with that story line it would be a benefit, because they could introduce some bad blood between Superman and GL and allow the relationship room for growth.

And yes. This topic is silly. There is no proof that Kryptonians were an conquering people There is no proof to support a conflict ever existed between Krypton and the GL Corp. There is even evidence to the country given the Isolationist nature of the Kryptonians. There is no evidence of them killing anybody and the actions of Zod who's spiral into madness is the exception, not the rule. If the Kryptonians were as blood thirsty as you seem to think they were, they could have easily conquered Earth prior to the events of the movie if they had wanted too.

In short, all of this is theories based on theories, based on theories. At what point is that just crazy to indulge in?

Anyway. Its clear we're not going to agree, so I'll just stop posting. If I haven't proved my point now, I don't know what will do for you.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager

And what are you saying? That Jor-El all long wanted every human on Earth to die so Krypton could survive despite evidence of the contrary? The long range sensors his robot showed they had detailed knowledge of Earth from our atmospheric composition to our physiology. If the Kryptonians were so quick to kill everyone as you keep saying - why did they instead choose to harvest their planets core, despite Jor-El's warning it would destroy the planet - instead of just conqueror the human race who would be inferior in every way to them?

No. I'm not saying that he wanted Krypton to die and Earth to survive. You're not listening to what I'm saying and you're not listening to what the characters in the mvoie are actually saying. You're just see X happen but you're not looking for whats behind it.

Counsil Member: "Are you seriously suggesting we evacuate the entire planet"

Jor-El: "No. Everbody here is already dead. Give me control of the codek. I will ensure the survival of our race"

1. If you listen to the tone in her voice you could already tell that evacuating teh planet was out of the question.
    2. They may have not had enough ships to evacuate the planet.
    3. It takes years to actually get to Earth and they weren't even expecting this to happen since it was a week early.

Furthermore - The Kryptonians hadn't been colonizing in thousands of years. Jor-El said as much when he was begging the Console to give him the Codex. And again when he explains their history to Superman. The scout ship that had been sent out by the Kryptonians crashed on earth 18,000+ years before hand, only further evidence of this. Even look at the outpost Zod's visits when he finds the World Engine - the planet is a barren wasteland long devoid of support life as evidence by the fact that they had to wear space suits, something which they don't have to do in Earth's orbit. That suggest the solar system's star itself may be dead. At the point when we're introduced to them the Kryptonians were an isolationist civilization.

Yes. They were colonizing for thousands of years and Zod said it himself. Even when Supergirl was alive they were doing it. And because they had to wear space suits on that planets orbit it means that. Its funny because you have no proof that the solar systems star was actually dead so does that make your point moot? Because according to your logic it does to mine now doesn't it?

I mean...lets indulge your theory for a second. Lets say the Kryptonians were slaughtering everyone in the galaxy (despite no evidence of it). Lets say the Green Lanterns actually went at war with them. Who's to say the war is not all ready long over with? The Kryptonians had not been colonizing in thousands of years. So even if your theory was correct - the problem of putting GL's in MoS-verse is still minimal at best. In fact if they went with that story line it would be a benefit, because they could introduce some bad blood between Superman and GL and allow the relationship room for growth.

Alright. Do you realize you tried to make a scenario to point out what I said makes no sense but what you said sounds much worse?

So they go to war with the Kryptonians and they don't have all of the World Engines destroyed? You fight a war because your enemy is using a certain object(World Engine) and you want them to stop using it but after you "win" they war you just leave them there with that weapon? When Japan bombed Amercia we had all of their weapons shut down. So how much sense would it make to leave the Krypotnians there with this weapon?

And GL would have to be a GL before Superman happened. Unless you're implying that GL was there the whole entire time and did absolutely nothing to help? Man Of Steel is teh starting point for the DC Universe. Hal/Kyle/Stewart gets his ring afterwards but by the time he gets the ring Superman is already seen as a hero? What bad blood is there to have?

• Superman saved the entire planet.
    • Destroyed the World Engine.
    • Killed his own.
    • Put his life on the line to save Earth instead of his own race.

But he still wants to be enemies with him? Superman never went through any of the killing of other races and GL didn't go through defending these races. That's like saying "This white kid isn't racist but his parents grew him up to be racist but that black kid is still going to hate him! *even though he put his life on the line and killed his own*". What reason would you have to hate each other? Unless you think the Lantern corps is going to try and teach GL to hate Superman which they wont because they are made for peace and not envy? That would just be making a "Superman vs Green Lantern" even though we've already seen him fight Batman. And him and Batman are going to become freinds in the end anyways so GL is the new bad guy? That makes no sense. You seem to misinterpet everything I'm saying. And I'm not saying they were salughtering everyone. They can't be enemies with everyone but there still is a posibility that they were killing off some races

Here's your story in chronological based off of my theory(that I never calimed to be correct)

• Kryptonians kill other races
    • GL interefers and wins.
    • Leaves Krypton with the World Engine(The same thing that started the war)
    • Superman saves Earth, kills his family, and shatters the chances of him saving his own race.
    • GL hates him for this?

My theory

• Kryptonians kill other races.
    • GL interferes and loses(hence why they still have the world engines on Krypton)
    • Superman saves Earth.
    • GL then gets his ring and sides with Superman.

And yes. This topic is silly. There is no proof that Kryptonians were an conquering people There is no proof to support a conflict ever existed between Krypton and the GL Corp. There is even evidence to the country given the Isolationist nature of the Kryptonians. There is no evidence of them killing anybody and the actions of Zod who's spiral into madness is the exception, not the rule. If the Kryptonians were as blood thirsty as you seem to think they were, they could have easily conquered Earth prior to the events of the movie if they had wanted too.

In short, all of this is theories based on theories, based on theories. At what point is that just crazy to indulge in?

Anyway. Its clear we're not going to agree, so I'll just stop posting. If I haven't proved my point now, I don't know what will do for you.

Hmm. If you look at the OP I said either GLs went to war with Krypton and lose or they never actually met them. Why are you cherry picking everything I'm saying to try and make me look bad? I address about everything you say and you just skip what I say. Zod is supposed to do anything that benefits his race and doesn't really care much for others plus the military was under his rule. Just becuase you're conquering other planets it doesn't mean you have to conquer every planet. This time they NEEDED to conquer Earth. You have absolutely no proof that they were isolationist and that's fine.

You really have everything wrong. There is no 100% proof to anything we're saying. This whole thread is based on theories. You honestly believe that everything you are saying is correct? I don't even believe everything I'm saying is correct(hence the reason I had two scenarios but I just expanded on the one that could be expanded on). That's the reason I made this thread, to hear others peoples theories. Are you really that conceited? This isn't about agreeing or disagreeing. This is about what could possibly be the future of the DC Universe with GL. But if you think this is about "who comes out on top" or "who sounds like an idiot" then fine. You can walk right out of this thread knowing that you were right and anything that opposes is wrong.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@wardemon32: actually by the feats GL is above Man of Steel. Man of Steel had good combat speed, but GL was taking hits from a being that destroyed planets and flew to the sun way way way faster then lightspeed.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman:

I actually think GL would beat him if he had the combat speed. But you still have to consider was that really Parallax strongest hits? Becuase GL wasn't really flying that far.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What DC Cinematic Universe?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@fallschirmjager: is right,there was no proof that the Kryptonians were killing people during their exploration, just the OP making random speculations.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman:

I don't know how many times I have to say this but I've already stated that I know this is just speculation but this is HIGHLY possible or atleast makes some sort or sense.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.