Has anyone else noticed...

#1 Posted by ZacCooper (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anybody noticed/liked  that DC have chosen characters,with similar powers and backgrounds, to be the newest incarnation of the JLA as the original 7 members of the JLA?

Batman (Wayne) - Batman (Grayson),  

I hope I don't have to explain their relationship .

Superman - Supergirl.   

Same powers, same planet of origin and they're cousins. 

Flash - Jesse Quick

Same powers and color scheme for their costumes.

Wonder Woman - Donna Troy 

Similar powers, Donna was Wonder Woman's sidekick and even took the name Wonder Woman in her absence and they're from the same place of origins (even though Donna was created not born).

Green Lantern - Jade 

The same power ring, they belong to the same corps and Jade's father was the original GL.

Martian Manhunter - Starman

They are both, the last  of their kind, who have found refuge on Earth .

Aquaman - Congorilla 

Both have powers and abilities as certain animals.

This is my first forum, so go easy on me

Thanks for reading :)

#2 Edited by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

No Offense, but I thought it was obvious.....except maybe for the congorilla and starman connections

#3 Posted by fodigg (6130 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't the JLA originally have 12 members?

#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12401 posts) - - Show Bio
@ZacCooper said:
Has anybody noticed/liked  that DC have chosen characters,with similar powers and backgrounds, to be the newest incarnation of the JLA as the original 7 members of the JLA?

Batman (Wayne) - Batman (Grayson),  

I hope I don't have to explain their relationship .

Superman - Supergirl.   

Same powers, same planet of origin and they're cousins. 

Flash - Jesse Quick

Same powers and color scheme for their costumes.

Wonder Woman - Donna Troy 

Similar powers, Donna was Wonder Woman's sidekick and even took the name Wonder Woman in her absence and they're from the same place of origins (even though Donna was created not born).

Green Lantern - Jade 

The same power ring, they belong to the same corps and Jade's father was the original GL.

Martian Manhunter - Starman

They are both, the last  of their kind, who have found refuge on Earth .

Aquaman - Congorilla   Both have powers and abilities as certain animals.  This is my first forum, so go easy on me  Thanks for reading :)

its kind of common knowledge
#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12401 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg said:
Didn't the JLA originally have 12 members?

no. they started out with seven in pre-crisis and post infinite crisis canon and had six  founders members inbetween
#6 Edited by ZacCooper (105 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt: @cattlebattle:  Thanks for the feedback, I guess. I just wanted to see if anyone had noticed or not because I hadn't seen anything on here. Sorry, it's only my first forum  :)

@fodigg: No, they had 7 founding members :)
#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio
@ZacCooper said:
@Avenging-X-Bolt: @cattlebattle:  Thanks for the feedback, I guess. I just wanted to see if anyone had noticed or not because I hadn't seen anything on here. Sorry, it's only my first forum  :)

@fodigg: No, they had 7 founding members :)
It's cool, DC consistently has teams that have analogues for it's original 7 JL, members. Most teams have a kryptonian or related type character, A wonder woman type character, a Batman type, a GL, a speedster......you get the picture. It's no doubt they would have JL proper contain members reflective of its original team
#8 Posted by fodigg (6130 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, I see: 

In my head I was picturing a very similar cover but with twelve. I new GA was on that cover.

#9 Posted by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought they always tried to have similar characters on the JLA as the originals

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.