Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3324 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Grant Morrison

VZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By VZA

I've heard so many awesome things about the guy so I buckled down and read an old story by him with the Justice League. Back when Superman had the mullet. So, some alien dudes come to Earth and perform some "miracles" to convince the humans that they're there to help. They also make the Justice League look like lazy bastards in the process. Not a bad premise at all. I'm intrigued... Then suddenly, before the reader even has a chance to give these aliens the benefit of the doubt, they attack the Justice League. Ummm... OK I'll let that slide. Later in the story the Flash encounters a villain by the name of Zum who he claims is faster than him. "I need to use my brains to outwit this vermin because he's faster than me" or something like that. Two pages later, Flash comes up with his master plan... "I'll just run faster than him."... pause... OK... "As I reach the speed of light my mass will approach infinity and I'll punch him really hard." So, not only does Flash contradict himself by saying he's going to outrun the guy who is faster than him but his master plan was to punch the other guy really hard? That's only part of it... I'm not going to go into the part where Martian Manhunter nearly sold out the team (off panel somewhere because they never showed it). Or how Super-Man was tricked into thinking Kryptonite was in the same room so he was weakened by some placebo effect. Somebody please tell me this is a fluke... where is the Grant Morrison stuff should I be reading?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DEGRAAF

lol wow... while that sounds like a bad series of comics it does sound like something that would come from the Superman reborn time period. While im not sure how much Grant Morrison i have actually read (i don't pay close attention to who writes and or draws/colors)

To be fair i think i know what Flash comic you are talking about and i believe Flash still couldn't catch up with Zoom even though he borrowed speed force energy from all the other speedster heroes.

Try out All Star Superman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.