Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Five Developments in JUSTICE LEAGUE #9

• 69 results
    BigBDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By BigBDawg

@NEEK_03 said:

@THEBlaqueBasterd: Well i hope it wont happen a second time, i was pretty shocked to hear that cyborg could just hack into bruces comp as well. batman wasnt even that pissed, kinda disappointed me that cyborg could so easily do it and bruce not even know.

Seconded. Not to mention I kinda wish Vic would reconcile with Silas, but it might take Silas on his deathbed for that to happen, like it did before the reboot. It's kinda sad how it seems as if in some cases in their own book, the League seems to lack the humanity they should have. Sure, they may be akin to gods, but what made the Justice League so impressive was that they still were human underneath all that. It's just something that feels... off.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52  Edited By Funrush

@notarandomguy said:

No Caption Provided

I JUST WANT TO GET TO THIS POINT !!! FAST !!!!

That looks like another League !!! Black Adam, Hawkman, Deadman, Atom, and apparently GL John !!!

Yeah, I'm gonna assume everyone in that pic are JL members right before Trinity War.

_Pinnacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By _Pinnacle

Doesn't the fact that that letter even exists defy the laws of time travel?! Thomas Wayne died. Thusly he never wrote that letter. End of story. DC doesn't know time travel basic science.

psynetrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#54  Edited By psynetrix

@Funrush: Firestorm and Lady Luck are missing from that pic. I wonder whether those concepts have been thrown out and just replaced by Vibe and Black Adam.

Justice League #9 was pretty awesome for a set-up issue; I am so relieved that Jim Lee is back with his awesome pencils, and the book overall was very entertaining. I'm glad of the effort put into the story instead of relying so heavily in the splashy art. I feel so bad for poor Steve Trevor, I always want to root for the underdog. Great issue!

Please check my mini-review here:

http://bit.ly/KXSmyF

Comments and feedback are always welcome!

No Caption Provided
    edtie97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By edtie97

The trinity war is going to be exciting!!!

Herx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Herx

@BigBDawg said

Seconded. Not to mention I kinda wish Vic would reconcile with Silas, but it might take Silas on his deathbed for that to happen, like it did before the reboot. It's kinda sad how it seems as if in some cases in their own book, the League seems to lack the humanity they should have. Sure, they may be akin to gods, but what made the Justice League so impressive was that they still were human underneath all that. It's just something that feels... off.

I'd like to see Cyborg reconcile with Silas aswell as it is a major part of his story, though as you said it does seem to be something that might just happen when silas is on his death bed again (though that was a great issue of teen titats). I agree that the characters do seem to lack that humanity that they all have in this series (it's one of the reasons why Justice league is a series that im still on the fence on about liking or disliking) and are played up more as "More than man", but concidering that 6/7 of these characters have their own independant series to build up that side of them i can let it pass. But Cyborg, once again, dosent have his own series despite now being thrown into the big league (see what i did there, league as in justice league. oh i crack myself up sometimes :P) which doesnt seem to make any sence as he's the character that we now know the least about. I don;t know what it is about DC and Cyborg, but they never seem to give him his own ongoing title (i mean even during flashpoint where he was earth greatest hero we didn;t get a "Flashpoint: Cyborg" title) and thats the main weekenss that i can see.

Avatar image for capelesscrusader
    capelesscrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#57  Edited By capelesscrusader

@Herx: I think that DC is trying to build Cyborg's profile a bit before they launch a solo title. They've been pushing him pretty extensively over the last 18 months, and I doubt that's reasonless.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By sinestro_GL

I wasn't a fan of the lack of Aquaman

Herx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#59  Edited By Herx

@capelesscrusader:Well I hope that's the case. Cyborg is an awsum character and his own title would be cool, considering he;s a character that can;t have secret identity like others (no clark kent glasses can hide his cybernetic parts... though this is the comic world so maby it could work)

Came2Play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Came2Play

Fricken. AWESEOME

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By KidSupreme

I can't wait to read this :D

Avatar image for sweetesttoaster
    sweetesttoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By sweetesttoaster

@_Pinnacle: Maybe they went with the "its a comic book, just deal with it" approach. Maybe you should follow that.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#63  Edited By Zeeguy91

@sethysquare: Thank you for providing the statistics. I knew that sales were actually still through the roof, but I couldn't call Deepshock out on his bull without the actual numbers.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Zeeguy91

@Herokiller12344 said:

This is Ridiculous! You people call these "developments"?

'The team is there for each other'

'Batman has Arkham under surveillance'

These are all givens. Wow this is what it's like to be a DC comics fan, overreacting to very minor news.

Screw this, I'm off to go do something else.

Wow. Looks like we got a Marvel fanboy over here.

Actually, I'd say that what happened to David Graves and the fact that Steve Trevor has immediate family are kind of big revelations as they all tie into the story. In case you want to know, Steve is actually put in the situation where he has to choose between protecting his family and protecting the League in this issue.

Obviously, they have to find other "revelations" because they always do these "9 Developments" articles. So, don't blame the comic, blame the person who wrote this article.

Overall, this was a really great issue, and that's coming from someone who hasn't been much of a fan of the New 52 Justice League so far.

Avatar image for herokiller12344
    Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Herokiller12344

@Zeeguy91 said:

@Herokiller12344 said:

This is Ridiculous! You people call these "developments"?

'The team is there for each other'

'Batman has Arkham under surveillance'

These are all givens. Wow this is what it's like to be a DC comics fan, overreacting to very minor news.

Screw this, I'm off to go do something else.

Wow. Looks like we got a Marvel fanboy over here.

Actually, I'd say that what happened to David Graves and the fact that Steve Trevor has immediate family are kind of big revelations as they all tie into the story. In case you want to know, Steve is actually put in the situation where he has to choose between protecting his family and protecting the League in this issue.

Obviously, they have to find other "revelations" because they always do these "9 Developments" articles. So, don't blame the comic, blame the person who wrote this article.

Overall, this was a really great issue, and that's coming from someone who hasn't been much of a fan of the New 52 Justice League so far.

Your damn right I'm a Marvel fanboy, as of now anyway. I'll take bad artwork and messy continuity over ludacris story lines and brain-dead characterization. I'm done caring about this New 52 bullcrap. I hope DC flops because of it.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Zeeguy91

@Herokiller12344 said:

Your damn right I'm a Marvel fanboy, as of now anyway. I'll take bad artwork and messy continuity over ludacris story lines and brain-dead characterization. I'm done caring about this New 52 bullcrap. I hope DC flops because of it.

Wow. I don't even know where to begin with the stupidity of that statement. Oh wait, yeah I do. First off, the nothing has been ludacris or brain-dead about anything over at DC. Second, sales from the New 52 are still through the roof (so there goes you're "flopping" theory). And third, some of the New 52 titles have been hailed as some of the best stuff being put out right now. Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Batman, the Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, GL: New Guardians etc. have all been getting praise. In fact, most of the crap I've been reading nowadays seems to be coming out of Marvel. Lets not even get into how much Fear Itself sucked, but honestly, reading Fear Itself was just...painful. It seems that Marvel has forgotten that what makes a comic good includes more than just punching and hitting things. So, don't go crapping on DC just because you're mad they're doing well.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67  Edited By Funrush

@sethysquare said:

@Deep_shock said:

How about Mr.Johns and Lee explaining why in March or April DC sold LESS comicbooks overall when compared to the summer months right before the reboot and why even the JUSTICE LEAGUE title is losing thousands of readers every month and will soon drop below 100k?

LIAR

April 2011

DC - 26.89%

The Top 300 Comics sold

5.34 million copies

April 2012

DC - 34.06%

The Top 300 Comics sold

6.1 million copies

Btw, where do people keep getting these stats from?

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68  Edited By sethysquare

@Funrush: comichron.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By Captain13

@Funrush said:

@sethysquare said:

@Deep_shock said:

How about Mr.Johns and Lee explaining why in March or April DC sold LESS comicbooks overall when compared to the summer months right before the reboot and why even the JUSTICE LEAGUE title is losing thousands of readers every month and will soon drop below 100k?

LIAR

April 2011

DC - 26.89%

The Top 300 Comics sold

5.34 million copies

April 2012

DC - 34.06%

The Top 300 Comics sold

6.1 million copies

Btw, where do people keep getting these stats from?

Diamond

http://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/103

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.