Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3312 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Five Biggest Ways DC's 'The New 52' Has Changed the Justice League

• 141 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The DC Universe has been relaunched. With Justice League #1, everything is the same yet completely different. Over the last few months, we've been seeing covers and solicitation information on the new titles. Some characters appear to be untouched and unaffected but "The New 52." Other characters look to have a complete overhaul.

Justice League #1 answers some of the questions we have had about this new DC Universe. We've heard over and over that it's not a reboot. In some ways it is and in some ways it isn't. Looking over this issue and what will come after, we can see the groundwork being laid out before us.

No Caption Provided

Be aware that there will be some minor spoilers below. If you haven't read Flashpoint #5 or Justice League #1, you really should. It's a comic-reading experience you don't want to miss. Here are the five most shocking differences in the new Justice League.

== TEASER ==

Cyborg is a founding member?

No Caption Provided

The first is obvious. Cyborg will be part of the team. While the first issue doesn't make it official, Victor Stone is in the issue and has been on the covers and promo images. There's nothing wrong with Cyborg being on the team. The shocking part is how his story will fit in with the formation of the Teen Titans. Justice League #1 begins five years ago and he hasn't become Cyborg yet.

No Caption Provided

Speculation has been that he was added to give some racial diversity to the team and to give them an expert in tech. Superman is from another planet. That's pretty diverse. Wonder Woman (we assume) is still from Themyscira. Aquaman is from Atlantis. The Justice League isn't made up of a bunch of white Americans. If this is the reason for adding him, that's fine. I just want to know if he will be part of the Teen Titans first in this flashback and then quickly move up to the Justice League.

As for the tech-angle, he doesn't appear to be a tech expert. He's a kid that's really good at playing football. No hints have been given that he knows about technology. His father is another story and that connection could bring something to the League.

Heroes are new to the world

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Originally, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, etc all were established heroes. They had fought evil before banding together to form the League. They knew about each other, they just never really worked together.

When Green Lantern and Batman meet, they don't seem to know much about each other. Green Lantern was surprised to find that Batman wasn't an urban myth. Batman didn't really know anything about Green Lantern or the Corps. He knew his name and he had problems with the Air Force in Coast City but that was it.

Because the concept of superheroes is new to the world. In other words, there hasn't been any heroes before this story takes place. That means no Justice Society of America (which we now know will get their own series taking place on Earth-2).

The idea of heroes may be new but that doesn't mean they're all popping up right now. Clearly both Batman and Green Lantern have been active. They just haven't been widely seen by the public.

Batman and Superman are wearing armor

No Caption Provided

Superman wearing Kryptonian armor could make sense. We will see his early days in Smallville wearing a simple t-shirt, jeans and work boots. The covers to issues 2 and 3 show that the world isn't necessarily accepting the idea of Superman. He may have had some rough times and wearing some armor might make him a little more comfortable.

Batman's costume might not necessarily be armor but it definitely is pretty high tech. Batman is in pursuit of a foe when the police attempt to take care of both. The mention of Batman and his enemy leaping twenty feet suggests that Batman's suit is giving him some assistance. We see him use some advanced gauntlets that really don't fit in with what he wore early in his career. Because of the five year time frame, these events have to be happening afterYear One. Again, it's not clear how long Batman's been active, maybe another five years in the shadows? If Batman is wearing an advanced suit, what does that say about Robin? We haven't seen whether or not Dick Grayson wore the traditional Robin suit before he became Nightwing.

First villain is Darkseid instead of Starro

No Caption Provided

There may be some debate over what enemy originally brought the Justice League together. In Brave and the Bold #28, we saw that it was Starro's attack on Earth. Later in Justice League of America #9, the actual origin was revealed. Aliens from the planet Appellax were attacking Earth in different locations and this brought the original seven heroes together.

The foe that Batman is chasing has some advance weaponry. Later when Batman and Green Lantern face another one, Darkseid's name is mentioned. Darkseid is obviously a bigger threat than Starro. The stakes are bigger here.

They all are cocky with big egos

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Batman isn't the friendliest person. We don't know how long Batman has been fighting crime but he feels he knows what he's doing. Despite Green Lantern's display of power and ease in dealing with their enemy, Batman doesn't want his help. He figures he can handle it all alone.

Green Lantern also has a bit of arrogance. In fact, he actually refers to himself in the third person. Hal also believes because he is part of the Green Lantern Corps and is in charge of an entire space sector, dealing with a danger on Earth is something he can easily handle.

Superman's always been seen as a big boy scout. He is one of the nicer heroes. This Superman is a punch first, ask questions later. He knows he is powerful. He gives the impression that fighting a new foe would be something like a game. He's curious if it will even be a challenge.

It's almost hard to believe these guys will get along enough to actually form the Justice League. The stage has been set. The end of Flashpoint #5 gave the impression that things were the same. Justice League #1 clearly shows that this isn't the DC Universe we knew before. Issue two is bound to show us even more differences as we see the rest of the team for the first time.

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Or35ti

First. I can't wait to buy this. Let's hope my comics store will have it by this weekend (Europe).

Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Crono11

People may not like the new 52 but it's gotten me to start buying comics again so I'm happy.

Roldan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Roldan

I like most of the changes. The armoring on Batman reminds of the Arkham Asylum design.

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Cafeterialoca

I still thought this issue was pretty weak in terms of kicking off an entire universe.  The Batman/Green Lantern team up was fun, but that's kinda it.  There's not much else that made it feel like a brand new universe.

Elpizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Elpizo

Can't wait to pick up the issue
    longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By longbowhunter

I personally didnt think the first issue was up to snuff. But I've read alot of people commenting that Justice League #1 is helping them step into the DC Universe or comics altogether. Looks like the plan is working so far.
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Osiris1428

"Speculation has been that he was added to give some racial diversity to the team and to give them an expert in tech. Superman is from another planet. That's pretty diverse.

Dude....really...? I don't want to say that that was stupid...but...that was stupid. No offense. It just doesn't make any sense. No one is going to feel represented because "Hey, at least there is an alien on the team. Even though he looks sort of anglo-saxon-like, I can pretend that I identify with his extraterrestrial-ness. Because it's not like we live in a world where if you don't look white like Superman looks white, you could still be cast as Superman in the movie or TV series, because, hey, he's an alien. And that's all fanboys will remember."  

The Justice League might not consist of people from regular walks of life, but that is part of the appeal. The whole, "Well, he is an alien" , or "She from some fictional place", or "He this person is an alien with a non human skin tone that is so ambiguous any non-white kid could pretend he represents him/her" is kind of a cop out. I know you don't mean anything by it G-Man. And I am not trying be an @$$#ole, it's just that kind of irked me. 

Hopefully, Johns writes Cyborg in such a way that he doesn't stick out like a sore thumb and isn't just what some are calling just a token character. No one looks at Wonder Woman as a "token female character." Because she has been written with such passion and care for the character for years. Hopefully, Johns does the same with Victor Stone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
    deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a bit weird to start the DCnU with this book but at the same time did establish the fact they didn't want to go with all #1's being an origin story (even though I still think that's the way they should have gone to give us some backstory or at least an issue 0) but the book was fun and I enjoyed the exchanges between Bruce and Hal. 

I also noticed that this Bruce seems to have a bit more All-Star Batman in him than before in how he talks to and his thoughts on the Gotham Police and Hal Jordan. I don't think he'll ever be written to the extreme like the crap that was All-Star Batman and Robin but its nice to see him being a bit more open about what he thinks. 

On the other hand I didn't like the fact that Hal Jordan's explanation of being the cop for an entire space sector. With this revamp I was hoping they would actually write Hal and the other earth lanterns as not getting directly involved in earth's problems and villains because its always felt so close to what got Sinestro in trouble in the first place. They mettle in a planet's affairs all the time but aren't punished for it. Obviously Sinestro was far more extreme but still a GL should not be worried about planetary villains. As if the writers were thinking the same thing they immediately switched to Hal being there because he was tracking the darkseid minion and that's more what I think a GL should do.....enforce interplanetary laws and transgression but not be involved with any single planet itself. Also didn't like the kept the white gloves. Having watched both GL animated films I like that design better than the classic even if they got rid of the armor look. 

Last point......I hope Batman's armor does give him a physical edge over a normal human. It just makes sense. He's one of the richest men in the world, CEO of one of the largest technological companies in the world, he should be able to make a suit that has more armor and technological components to it than the simple cloth and kevlar designs were used to seeing. Plus the armor looks good. At first when I saw it in that promo pic for Justice League it seemed too segmented but in this issue at least it looks good and well put together. Same thing with Superman's new armor look so hopefully Flash will look good as well. 

Oh and Vic Stone, while being a football player, has also been portrayed as a star student as well in his origins its just that, in the same manner as Mr. Terrific, he's a physical powerhouse as well so while they didn't exactly pointout Vic's intelligence in this issue they also made him look very mature in how he handles his success and the scouts so I don't think we'll see a change where he's just a jock with a technological body but will actually know what he's doing on the science side of things.
    Avatar image for all_around_nerd
    All_Around_Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By All_Around_Nerd

in the sketchbook area it says and quote "With the formation of the Justice League, you will see the creation of Cyborg! Here is Jim's turnaround for Vic Stone a Titan to be." so i guess Vic's not going to be on the team

caesarsghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10  Edited By caesarsghost

Cannot wait to read this!
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By danhimself

to be fair....GL and Batman were talking about restraining Superman right before Supes tackles GL...this Superman has apparently had some bad experience with authority figures so it's pretty likely that he thought that they were there to capture him so that's why he reacted the way he did

also...I can agree with most that the first issue wasn't all that great but let's remember that it is indeed the first issue...most first issues aren't really amazing...I'm more than willing to give this book an arc or two to build up momentum...I mean it's Geoff Johns...he hasn't let me down yet

_jackbauer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By _jackbauer

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Source 

edit - added source
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By danhimself
    @_jackbauer said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    HOLY CRAP!!  good catch!!!!
    GLforHIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GLforHIRE

um there seems to be a mistake, they went and gave hal guy gardners personality lol until superman sends him on his way that is.. 

my question is, why does hal speak in 3rd person as "the green lantern" if he admits hes not the only green lantern? seems kinda backwards. although i do like him calling out batman for his only powers being a guy in a bat suit like that old college humor clip with bats and the justice league. also how does he get hals ring off that easy? is this hal that inexperienced?
    _jackbauer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By _jackbauer
    @danhimself: I take no credit for the catch, that's straight from Bleedingcool.com 
    KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By KRYPTON

Yeah the New 52 sort of wiped the entire 70 years of the DC Universe, so now we are starting over. Yay for starting over? 

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17  Edited By lorex

With the relaunch/reboot it seems they are stripping away all the personal relationships they have built over the last 15 years. I seem to remember in JLA years ago the members revealed their secret identities to each other (if they had one). Since then for the most part they have continued to work together and have solid relationships and in some cases friendships. Now that is all gone and they are starting over it seems, presumably to play on the drama and mistrust that any new group would have.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By Gambit1024
    @_jackbauer: Woah.
    ninjacommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ninjacommando

I hope they don't make it so that Metahumans are in the same situation as mutants are in Marvel.

illmatic06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By illmatic06
    @Osiris1428
    I agree with you on the statement on diversity. I damned near laguhed when I read the statement about counting aliens,amazons, and atlateans  as diverse.  A very riduculous statement.

Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jordanstine

Another change is that Hal Jordan has now turned into Ryan Reynolds in the new DCnU.

Oh thank you Geoff!
    Oh thank you Geoff!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Osiris1428 said:
    "Speculation has been that he was added to give some racial diversity to the team and to give them an expert in tech. Superman is from another planet. That's pretty diverse.

Dude....really...? I don't want to say that that was stupid...but...that was stupid. No offense. It just doesn't make any sense. No one is going to feel represented because "Hey, at least there is an alien on the team. Even though he looks sort of anglo-saxon-like, I can pretend that I identify with his extraterrestrial-ness. Because it's not like we live in a world where if you don't look white like Superman looks white, you could still be cast as Superman in the movie or TV series, because, hey, he's an alien. And that's all fanboys will remember."   The Justice League might not consist of people from regular walks of life, but that is part of the appeal. The whole, "Well, he is an alien" , or "She from some fictional place", or "He this person is an alien with a non human skin tone that is so ambiguous any non-white kid could pretend he represents him/her" is kind of a cop out. I know you don't mean anything by it G-Man. And I am not trying be an @$$#ole, it's just that kind of irked me.  Hopefully, Johns writes Cyborg in such a way that he doesn't stick out like a sore thumb and isn't just what some are calling just a token character. No one looks at Wonder Woman as a "token female character." Because she has been written with such passion and care for the character for years. Hopefully, Johns does the same with Victor Stone.
    This. So much this. 
    Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By Trodorne
    @KRYPTON said:
    Yeah the New 52 sort of wiped the entire 70 years of the DC Universe, so now we are starting over. Yay for starting over? 
    in terms of starting over, and based on the how they have established the time lines, Everyone needs to think of this universe as the new Earth 1 universe and the original continuity is much like what Earth 2 was in terms of its existence where if any of the characters from that timeline or dimension show up you would have an older superman who is married to lois. with power girl existing. so yeah dick grayson is still batman in that universe.
    TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheBlackHood

I really don't see the new Justice League as "kicking off" the NEW 52.  Since its set 5 years before present continuity, I've kind of looked at the entire book as the prelude to the new 52.  I don't really think the 52 has a single kicking off point beyond all the number ones coming out in September.  To me those are the real start of the universe and this series is simply the introduction so that by the current continuity the big guns can still be the BIG GUNS. 

helloclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By helloclark
    @Jordanstine said:
    Another change is that Hal Jordan has now turned into Ryan Reynolds in the new DCnU.

Oh thank you Geoff!
    Oh thank you Geoff!

This is SOOOO TRUE!!! 

Also the part about Cyborg being a part of the team instead of the original mameber J'onnz simply based on diversity is very true too.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#26  Edited By ImperiousRix

I'm a fan of a couple of these changes, not so much a couple of others. 
    I really do LOVE that Cyborg is in the Justice League.  He's always been a guy that I feel was too old and too experienced to keep working with the Titans, and that if he got more exposure, he'd be one of the most popular characters in the DCU.  I also like that the heroes don't really know one another, and that they're all kinda new and feared to the public.  That promises some interesting development here in the early goings of this new universe. 

I DON'T like that all the heroes are cocky jerkwads, though.  I actually felt this when I read the preview pages for JLA #1.  To me, the Batman here feels too much like the Frank Miller Batman from All-Star Batman and Robin.  Anybody familiar with that series knows how that is the LAST thing you want your Batman to be like.  I also wish there was more of a build up to Darkseid.  JLA should be fighting a lower-level (but still threatening) bad guy, so the team and its characters can be established before going up against somebody like him.

cdrshado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cdrshado

So far so good, I am willing to give it a chance, but if brings the old gang together, I am all for it. Been reading comics for 30 + years, and I say the last year of DC was completely useless except for the final issues.  Not sure if they weren't putting their best effort, but this is an improvement.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Bestostero

Not a fan of replacing Martian Manhunter for Cyborg, but oh well...

BlackPookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By BlackPookie

i hated it!
    DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#30  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

"There will be some spoilers."
    Why, why do I never listen.

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Or35ti
    @ninjacommando said:
    I hope they don't make it so that Metahumans are in the same situation as mutants are in Marvel.
    I think they will be at first because when something so new and dangerous suddenly appears in the world, it's natural for people to be afraid. Keep in mind that this is also set in the past so once the book jumps back into the present, the Justice League will have saved the world a few times and most of the heroes will be loved and respected again.
    soap on a rope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By soap on a rope
    @_jackbauer: dude... nice fucking find!!!! i totally missed that. it probably didnt help that i practically skimmed those pages because i find cyborg and everything about him sleep-inducing
    MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MideonNViscera

Felt like All-Star Batman in a non-insulting way.

Avatar image for bastion_the_master__sentinel
    Bastion the Master--Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my comic book store will have it this weekend (germany)

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DEGRAAF

I think the Flash will pull all these characters together to fight Doomsday. I also find the theory that Flash will put and hold the team together would be throwback to the animated JL or JLU when it is stated that Wally was what kept the team in check or held the team together

helloclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By helloclark
    @Osiris1428 said:

Dude....really...? I don't want to say that that was stupid...but...that was stupid. No offense. It just doesn't make any sense. No one is going to feel represented because "Hey, at least there is an alien on the team. Even though he looks sort of anglo-saxon-like, I can pretend that I identify with his extraterrestrial-ness. Because it's not like we live in a world where if you don't look white like Superman looks white, you could still be cast as Superman in the movie or TV series, because, hey, he's an alien. And that's all fanboys will remember."   The Justice League might not consist of people from regular walks of life, but that is part of the appeal. The whole, "Well, he is an alien" , or "She from some fictional place", or "He this person is an alien with a non human skin tone that is so ambiguous any non-white kid could pretend he represents him/her" is kind of a cop out. I know you don't mean anything by it G-Man. And I am not trying be an @$$#ole, it's just that kind of irked me.  Hopefully, Johns writes Cyborg in such a way that he doesn't stick out like a sore thumb and isn't just what some are calling just a token character. No one looks at Wonder Woman as a "token female character." Because she has been written with such passion and care for the character for years. Hopefully, Johns does the same with Victor Stone.

I agree completely! 

And on the same token, you won't see Mr. Terrific and Cyborg be on the same Justice League team in this new DC because that's one "Token African American Male" character too many.   

Sorry but it's true. Not everyone wants to hear but it's true. That's how the industry now a days looks at it.  

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#37  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @KRYPTON said:
    I wish people would stop saying this. 

"They all have big egos now" that's a pretty big generalisation from what we have seen so far and any way its not like Bruce and Hal didn't have massive egos beforehand.
    xkoenig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By xkoenig

Can we stop pretending that adding Superman to a team adds 'diversity'. Yeah, sure he's an 'alien' and Diana is 'greek', but really, this aspect of her is never really played up. Essentially they are all white, except now adding Cyborg. Diana adds diversity through being female. This relaunch is very clearly aimed at being easy to connect to the recent Batman, GL and now Superman (all blue costume) movies. You could easily imagine this first issue coming straight after Dark Knight (Batman on the run?) and Green Lantern. This is a total clean slate start for Justice League IMO.

Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jordanstine
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Eyz
    @_jackbauer said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Source  edit - added source
    Woah! Nice catch! :D
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#41  Edited By gmanfromheck

@Osiris1428:

@illmatic06:

@InnerVenom123:

@helloclark:

I figured everyone would know I was joking. Kinda surprised actually people thought I was serious.

As for the subject of relating to a character's race, I'm Hispanic but never cared about having a Hispanic character to relate to. But maybe that's just me.

Endanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#42  Edited By Endanger

Batman wearing armor??

I just can't get over that...

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @G-Man: How could we have known you were kidding?  Sarcasm and jokes like that don't work on the internet unless you say "Kidding" or something at the end. 
    SpiderSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#44  Edited By SpiderSlayer

DC has worked it's magic on me. I never bought a DC comic except Green Lantern books. I was never a fan of DC always a Marvel and Image Guy. Hopefully this lives up to the hype. It looks good with Jim Lee's art, and Jeff Johns is a excellent writer. I bought it today and I looking forward reading it watch out DC you might have me hooked.
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#45  Edited By Deadcool

I feel... reaaaaaaaaally strange... 

Now Marvel is older than DC.... 
    Now if there are crossovers it would be Ultimate Marvel vs DC... 

Crap, What would happen with Batman INC? DAMN, I AM NOT READY!!! 

I feel OLD...
    KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By KRYPTON
    @Trodorne said:
    @KRYPTON said:
    in terms of starting over, and based on the how they have established the time lines, Everyone needs to think of this universe as the new Earth 1 universe and the original continuity is much like what Earth 2 was in terms of its existence where if any of the characters from that timeline or dimension show up you would have an older superman who is married to lois. with power girl existing. so yeah dick grayson is still batman in that universe.
    This is the way on how they keep the characters young for the next 70 years of DC COmcis. It's genius. I know what I'm talking about.
    KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KRYPTON
    @spiderbat87 said:
    @KRYPTON said:
    I wish people would stop saying this.  "They all have big egos now" that's a pretty big generalisation from what we have seen so far and any way its not like Bruce and Hal didn't have massive egos beforehand.
    And why is that? I'm talking about how DC rebooted the franchise to keep their characters young for the future DC Comics fans for the next 70 years
    Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ArtisticNeedham
    @G-Man: In the article in the back, that shows Lee's designs it says the "A Titan to be"
    So, maybe they are saying before he was on the Teen Titans he was part of the JLA.
    It also said that Superman's costume's story will be revealed.  Maybe they are making it continuity that his costume/armory look was Kryptonian.  Given to him by his parents, placed in his spaceship.  Instead of made by Martha.  (which also looks similar to the Superman costume in the new movie coming out.)
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#49  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @KRYPTON said:
    @spiderbat87 said:
    @KRYPTON said:
    I wish people would stop saying this.  "They all have big egos now" that's a pretty big generalisation from what we have seen so far and any way its not like Bruce and Hal didn't have massive egos beforehand.
    And why is that? I'm talking about how DC rebooted the franchise to keep their characters young for the future DC Comics fans for the next 70 years
    Because the DC universe has not been the same for the last 70 years they have had multiple reboots via the crisis's 
    LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By LordRequiem

Having seen Batman, Superman and Green Lantern in Justice League #1, I love their costumes! I'm not too knowledgable about the Justice League origins, but it sure seems a little daft to have the Justice Society on a different Earth, so they don't preceed them in this case, one can assume.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.