Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3324 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Expanding the Justice League in the DCnU

crowncoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By crowncoke

It appears that Congress (and the creators) wants to expand the JLA beyond the founders (current), but are not having much luck with this. I like how it has been mentioned in Storm Watch that Martian Manhunter was a JLA member and that it was brought back up in JLA #8. They are currently pushing Green Arrow to become a member of the 'Team' but I do not feel that they will selct him. Col Trevor has other ideas for Oliver and a different 'Team' for him to join. I wonder tho, who is it that is slated to join the JLA? I figure it will be someone from WildStorm's history. And being it was slipped that Trevor was a member of 'Team 7', I beleive it could be one of those people. Now Grifter and Deathblow are out being Cole has his own title and Michael is showing up in an upcoming run. This leads me to my obvious choice... Marc Slayton. Neither Jackson Dane nor John Lynch fit, because they are more soldier and spy/leader material than super hero. Those 2 will show up later in other titles to pull the history tighter together (Deathstroke, Batwoman or some such comic that has strong military or government agency threads in the stories). Backlash fits into the JLA (not well, but fits) because he is more along the power level of Aquaman and depending on how he is written he can be as useful as any of the other members. Of course this is total speculation from a WS fanboy. What do you all think? If not Backlash, who do you see possibly joining JLA? and WHY?

BigBDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BigBDawg

Ya know, to be honest with you, I'm not suire myself. I get this feeling we may see Ollie joing up at some point. I mean, I really think that the League needs the right mix of everything. Clark, Bruce, Diana, Arthur, Barry, Hal, and Vic offer a lot to the table, but mix it up more so, DC! Besides classic characters, think of all kinds of other possibilities here and there too! :) And maybe some more female characters too

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#3  Edited By TronHammer

Green Arrow is a good choice. Martian Manhunter needs to return. Captain Marvel should join. Plastic Man would be a great addition. Mr. Majestic is also a great addition.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By htb106

I think that Green Arrow should join the New 52 league and so should Black Canary but I think they need a bit more time to get any fans that disliked the New 52 versions back on the books so that people recognise them as good, strong characters.

BigBDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BigBDawg

Agreed on J'onn returning, but I doubt as his backstory with the League is, Tron, he wouldn't be trusted.

And htb106, I agree that Ollie will join. I mean, most universes have Ollie as the first non-founder of the JLA to join their ranks, but it'll just take some time before the "Super Seven", or more likely Bruce, realize they DO need more than just 7 to do the job they do.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Mutant God

Steel

BigBDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BigBDawg

Maybe someone for magic. Dr. Fate? Manitou Dawn? I'd say Zatanna, but since she's in the Justice League Dark series, she may be outta the question...

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Funrush

I think these people need to join next, in order:

• Green Arrow
    • Martian Manhunter
    • Shazam
    • Black Canary
    • Atom
    • Black Lightning
    • Firestorm?
    • Deadman?
    blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By blackadamFTW

@BigBDawg: I think a magic character would be good. Captain Marvel seems like he would fit, especially with the his short appearances in Justice League. A little bit of rivalry with Superman would spice things up a bit. I'd love to see Martian Manhunter join, but because of the his odd history with the JLA recently. Steel wouldn't be too bad either, but I'd prefer Martian Manhunter or Captain Marvel.

BigBDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BigBDawg

@blackadamFTW said:

@BigBDawg: I think a magic character would be good. Captain Marvel seems like he would fit, especially with the his short appearances in Justice League. A little bit of rivalry with Superman would spice things up a bit. I'd love to see Martian Manhunter join, but because of the his odd history with the JLA recently. Steel wouldn't be too bad either, but I'd prefer Martian Manhunter or Captain Marvel.

Yeah, you're not wrong regarding Captain Marvel/Shazam, Black Adam. Especially since he's got his backup in the pages of Justice League at the moment. I get the feeling we may see Element Woman joining the ranks of the JLA in the New 52 when Emily makes her appearance eventually.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By blackadamFTW

@BigBDawg: Seeing Element Woman join the JLA would be...interesting. Not bad, but certainly interesting.

BigBDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BigBDawg

@blackadamFTW: Yeah, I know, B.A. But I think it'd be nice for the JLA to get some more women in their ranks in the New 52.

Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By VampireSelektor

@Funrush said:

I think these people need to join next, in order:

• Green Arrow
    • Martian Manhunter
    • Shazam
    • Black Canary
    • Atom
    • Black Lightning
    • Firestorm?
    • Deadman?

Firestorm would be the logical choice of these candidates. This version of the League has repeatedly stated that new members are not needed to improve their effectiveness. A new member would have to possess eclectic and ultimately essential abilities. A matter transmuter would fit that description.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By dernman

We already know who the expanded members or secondary team are going to be. It's in the first pic they showed of the JLA 52.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BatteredArmor

The current members of the team need more development first...................................that's sad considering it's been 8 issues already.

BigBDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BigBDawg

@BlackArmor: So true, but it'd be nice to see the League and what they did between the first arc battling Darkseid and Issue 7, since they just left us without 5 years of info. XD Then again, they don't got a book to focus on that like Superman does with Action Comics.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BatteredArmor

@BigBDawg: A Justice League: the Lost Days book (or something like it) would be cool, as much as I usually love Johns's writing I would hope that someone else handles it though

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By dernman
    @BlackArmor: At this point I would settle for better writing for these characters. Biggest example being Green Lantern.
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Dernman: Yeah, I enjoyed what I read of Johns's current GL comic but he really dropped the ball in JL, Hal is like a completly different character in both series and like all the others the version of him in JL is the inferior form

BigBDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BigBDawg

@BlackArmor: It would make it easier for him since he's already working on Aquaman and Green Lantern besides Justice League.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#21  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Creeper. I need to see him drawn by Jim Lee.

BigBDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BigBDawg

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Now THERE'S an interesting possibility for sure =)

Gordon Kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#23  Edited By Gordon Kelly

The New Members of the Justice League that should have are.

1 Green Arrow.

2 Captain Atom.

3 Adaw Strange ?

4 Animal Man ? Maybe on Justice League Dark.

5 Shazam.

6 Flash-Wally West.

7 Firestorm.

8 Elongated Man.

9 Atom.

10 Black Canary.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.