Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Does Anyone Else Want Wonder Woman And Cyborg To Be Older?

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OutlawRenegade

Let me start by quoting a different, well though out thread: The Official Ages Of The Justice League Founders

So what we know is:

*Batman- 31?

Superman-28

Green Lantern- 27(-28)

Flash- 27(-29)

Aquaman- 24

Wonder Woman- 23

Cyborg- 23

http://www.comicvine.com/justice-league-of-america/65-31815/the-official-ages-of-the-members-of-the-justice-league-founders/92-681506/#35

I like the idea of the Justice League members being in their late 20's-early 30's, because it shows that they still have room to grow and get better. It also shows that they aren't new to the game either. They have experience.

But I want every founding member to be within 0-3 years apart in age. It makes them feel more like equals--in terms of wisdom, intelligence, and experience. I don't like the idea of some founders basically mentoring other founders. I would rather have them all be more like equally awesome co-workers.

This would of course mean some minor changes to their origins.

For example, I would make Wonder Woman leave Paradise Island at 23 so that she would be 28 in the present day. I would also make Cyborg a 22 year old college football player or a 23 year old NFL rookie during the Darkseid Invasion, so that he could be 27-28 in the present day. The story really doesn't have to change much. Maybe I would even retcon Batman: Year One to take place while Bruce is 22 or 23 instead of 25. This means he'd be 23 or 24 during the Darkseid Invasion and 28 or 29 in the present day.

Let me hear your thoughts!

**Edit:

So I would like

Superman 28 (or 33)

Batman 29 (or 34)

Wonder Woman 28 (or 33)

Aquaman 29 (or 34)

Green Lantern 27 (or 32)

Flash 27 (or 32)

Cyborg 27 (or 32)

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Superdork

Yes!

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By the_tree

Wonder Woman yes, Cyborg no.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By SoA

i rather batman be a bit older , his first years as batman, the years taking in robins, batgirl being crippled and coming back . its not high school , they do not all have to be the same age. i see cyborg as the youngest as he is the rookie and out of everyone there the newest hero . if possible i'd like to see him and nightwing form a outsiders/titans team of the younger heroes now a bit older. everyone else is okay i guess age-wise but i had no idea aquaman was so young i thought he would be closer to 30

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#5  Edited By Black_Claw

Well I want Wondy to be a hell of a lot older to demonstrate her semi-immortality. 75-80 sounds good. Cyborg is fine the way he is.

Bludhaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bludhaven

I wouldn't really want to change who the characters were but Cyborg's age really shows, he just seems so out of place in the league. I'd much rather see him back with the Teen Titans.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Captain13

@Bludhaven said:

I wouldn't really want to change who the characters were but Cyborg's age really shows, he just seems so out of place in the league. I'd much rather see him back with the Teen Titans.

That's exactly why I want him to be even older--to break away completely from a b-list team like the Titans. If he's in Batman and Superman's League, then he should be their equal--especially since he's the DC Univer'se's premeir Black hero.

And he's NOT a rookie since he's just as old as WOnder Woman and since he's been doing this for five years (about as long as GL and Superman have). This kind of confusion is added reason to make him older and more respected.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bigcimmerian

Batman 32

Superman 32

Green Lantern 35

Aquaman 24

Flash 27

Wonder Woman 100

Cyborg 23

This is how I think would be the best.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Why? Wonder Woman is younger but she has the most experience on the team, she's been trained as a warrior and has been slaying monsters since the day she was born

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Squalleon

Actually isn't WW much older but only physically 23!

Since Amazons are ageless and immortal in paradise island

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By AtPhantom

The problem with making Cyborg older is that his youth is kind of a part of his character. I find it quite interesting that any actual or hypothetical change to integrate him further into the League actually takes him one step further away from being, you know, Cyborg. 'Course WW doesn't have that problem. Her youth is quite baffling, honestly.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By moywar700

Everyone should be in their 40's except for Cyborg and he should be a teenager with the titans.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@AtPhantom said:

The problem with making Cyborg older is that his youth is kind of a part of his character. I find it quite interesting that any actual or hypothetical change to integrate him further into the League actually takes him one step further away from being, you know, Cyborg. 'Course WW doesn't have that problem. Her youth is quite baffling, honestly.

Did you read Cyborg pre-reboot? He was at least 28. He was a mentor and he was drawn to look like he was in his early to mid thirties. He was even drawn with wrinkles pretty often.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Skunkstein

I thought she was she was ancient, but only looked like she was 23ish..

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheCrowbar

I would like Cyborg to be John Stewart and Hal to never been included

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AtPhantom

@OutlawRenegade said:

Did you read Cyborg pre-reboot? He was at least 28. He was a mentor and he was drawn to look like he was in his early to mid thirties.

Yeah, but everyone else was 35+ and Cyborg was still very much a member of the second generation with Nightwing and the gang who were considered experienced but still just one step up from sidekicks. Besides, his status as a mentor was something he was eased into over a period of three decades. Now that period doesn't exist anymore. His complete entire history has been wiped and as a result he was reverted back to his baseline personality that he had back in Teen Titans vol 1, that of a kid with deep rooted issues regarding his father, his disfigurement and the rejection he daily faces. That's not exactly a perfect fit for the League, but that's who Cyborg is and was created to be.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Captain13

@Squalleon said:

@Skunkstein said:

No Caption Provided

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Squalleon

@Captain13 said:

@Squalleon said:

@Skunkstein said:

No Caption Provided

ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!OK sorry my mess i dont really follow WW

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@AtPhantom said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

Did you read Cyborg pre-reboot? He was at least 28. He was a mentor and he was drawn to look like he was in his early to mid thirties.

Yeah, but everyone else was 35+ and Cyborg was still very much a member of the second generation with Nightwing and the gang who were considered experienced but still just one step up from sidekicks. Besides, his status as a mentor was something he was eased into over a period of three decades. Now that period doesn't exist anymore. His complete entire history has been wiped and as a result he was reverted back to his baseline personality that he had back in Teen Titans vol 1, that of a kid with deep rooted issues regarding his father, his disfigurement and the rejection he daily faces. That's not exactly a perfect fit for the League, but that's who Cyborg is and was created to be.

You're speaking as if this isn't a completely new universe. That's what you're forgetting. There's no base personality to revert back to. It's a new universe--like Flashpoint or Age of Apokolips. There's similarities yes, but the universe is a new one. Superman never wore undies on the outside. Wally West and Donna Troy never existed. No Crisis ever happened. Raven never banded a superhero team together. Flash just met Gorilla Grodd for the first time. Green Lantern has only been active 5 years. Aquaman never had a son. And Cyborg was never a Teen Titan. You've had a long time to realize this. Cyborg really should be older and so should Wonder Woman. They should be an age in which they garner respect and ooze wisdom. They also don't have any continuity bogging them down anymore which allows writers to take the characters in new directions--which we've been seeing. The Cyborg we have now will never be the Cyborg we had before. And I don't want him to be. I like this one more--I just want him to be older.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By moywar700

They should had gone with the Young Justices ages.

Most off the veteran heroes in their mid 30's.and WW is 90 years old but she looks ageless.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Press Oblivion

I think I would like Wonder Woman to be older but it's not really a big deal.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FatihBATMAN

I like it the way it is! :D

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AtPhantom

@OutlawRenegade said:

You're speaking as if this isn't a completely new universe. That's what you're forgetting. There's no base personality to revert back to. It's a new universe--like Flashpoint or Age of Apokolips. There's similarities yes, but the universe is a new one. Superman never wore undies on the outside. Wally West and Donna Troy never existed. No Crisis ever happened. Raven never banded a superhero team together. Flash just met Gorilla Grodd for the first time. Green Lantern has only been active 5 years. Aquaman never had a son. And Cyborg was never a Teen Titan. You've had a long time to realize this. Cyborg really should be older and so should Wonder Woman. They should be an age in which they garner respect and ooze wisdom. They also don't have any continuity bogging them down anymore which allows writers to take the characters in new directions--which we've been seeing. The Cyborg we have now will never be the Cyborg we had before. And I don't want him to be. I like this one more--I just want him to be older.

You're talking superficial. Superman never wore red undies no, but he's still Superman. Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple. All that. Characters change, but the core ideas and concepts of what their story is about need to stay the same. Otherwise they aren't those characters anymore and shouldn't be associated with them. Cyborg's story, like all of the titans' stories, was one about growing up because all the ordeals he went through are in principle the things all kids go through on their way to adulthood. You like him better as one of the big boys, okay, but that doesn't change the fact that that's not really what Cyborg is about or what he was made to be. If you change the core idea of a character, the question becomes why you didn't leave the character as he is and made a completely new character to suit the role you had in mind. New universe doesn't give you the excuse to just mess with the characters however you want.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Skunkstein

@Squalleon said:

@Captain13 said:

@Squalleon said:

@Skunkstein said:

No Caption Provided

ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!OK sorry my mess i dont really follow WW

Thanks for the quote.. Then yes, i want her to be older. She is 2 years older than me now... i know how girls on that age are, doesnt make sense... How old was/is Donna Troy and Cassandra Sandsmark? What are their relations to Wonder Woman in the new 52? Are they still considered to be the ''Wonder Girls''?

This all strangely turns me on..

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By TDK_1997

She should be older.Like 28.Cyborg should be like 20 even.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7
    deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman seems a little too young by 1 or 2 years.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KnightRise

I use headcannon

Batman- 31

Superman- 29

Hal Jordan- 28

Barry Allen- 27

Aquaman- 27

Wonder Woman- 25 physically

Cyborg- 23

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Matchstick

Honestly if you're still thinking about these characters in terms of their age then you haven't been reading comics long enough.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#29  Edited By TheCannon

@The_Tree said:

Wonder Woman yes, Cyborg no.

This.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Captain13

@AtPhantom said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

You're talking superficial. Superman never wore red undies no, but he's still Superman. Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple. All that. Characters change, but the core ideas and concepts of what their story is about need to stay the same. Otherwise they aren't those characters anymore and shouldn't be associated with them. Cyborg's story, like all of the titans' stories, was one about growing up because all the ordeals he went through are in principle the things all kids go through on their way to adulthood. You like him better as one of the big boys, okay, but that doesn't change the fact that that's not really what Cyborg is about or what he was made to be. If you change the core idea of a character, the question becomes why you didn't leave the character as he is and made a completely new character to suit the role you had in mind. New universe doesn't give you the excuse to just mess with the characters however you want.

1) It's not superficial if characters like Wally and Donna and Hank Henshaw are missing. Even teams like the Doom Patrol are missing. OR is right. This is a different universe.

The A-List a.k.a The Justice Leaguers The Government Fears Most
    The A-List a.k.a The Justice Leaguers The Government Fears Most

2)Changing Cyborg to be in college or the NFL during the Darkseid invasion doesn't change anything about his character other than making him look more mature in comparison to other heroes. His relationship with his father is still the same. His father didn't care about his games and didn't valuer him as a person before his accident. It doesn't say anywhere that his father had to just miss his high school football games. Vic's mom could have gone to his college games while his dad didn't. Now that she's dead, he wants to connect with his dad more. Easy. Who he is is still the same. He's gone through more drastic changes. Pre-Flashpoint he was a track star instead of a football star. He was also shorter, had fewer powers, and had a different costume. There's no reason for him to be younger than almost everyone else on the team other than to give some peoplee hope that the Perez Titans existed--which they don't for a bunch of reasons. Cyborg needs to break away from that history if he's going to be seen as a stand alone hero who can have his own cartoon or film like other Justice League members have. As has already been stated, Cyborg's current career is as long as Superman's, Green Lantern's, Flash's, and Aquaman's careers. Cyborg is still Cyborg whether his accident happened at 18 or 23. He still has father issues. He has still been depicted as being in his late 20s early thirties pre-reboot, so clearly youth is not an essential part of his character. That's like saying that since Superman was a teen in some silver age stories he should be a teen today. That's not even an argument. It's just ridiculous. Vic is not a Teen Titan and he never should be again. He's on the A-List now and he should be treated that way.

Cyborg in 3 Panels
    Cyborg in 3 Panels

Cyborg's description extended:

Secret/Public Identity: Victor Stone

Profession: Adventurer; Ex-Football Player

Abilities: Plugged into every computer on Earth. Sonic Cannon. Enhanced speed and strength. Teleportation. Flight.

Cyborg is the ultimate combination between man and machine, but his creation came from a tragic accident. Victor Stone was a gifted football player who had trouble connecting with his scientist father. While visiting his father's workplace at S.T.A.R. Labs, an experiment went horribly wrong and destroyed much of Vic's body. Desperate to save his son, Vic's father used several experimental and extraterrestrial technologies that turned Vic into Cyborg. Now Vic is plugged into every computer in the world and is a digital and physical tank. Cyborg's communication grid makes him the heart of the Justice League.

Do you see high school, teen, or Teen Titans anywhere in there? No, because those things are not essential to his character.

/rant

P.S. You don't need to be part of the teen titans or to be a teenager to develop as a character. Hal Jordan grew up in Secret Origin, Superman grew up in Birthright, and Batman grew up in year one. Vic can still grow into a more mature, heroic person, which is clearly where his character arc in Justice League is headed.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SUNMAN

Cyborg has to be at least 22 if not 23. He was 17 at the youngest but probably 18 in in Justice League #2, and we had a 5 year timeskip.

I have no problem with WW being younger its a reboot after all. I've never read a young Wonder Woman before and its a nice change of pace.

KZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KZR

@KnightRise: I think these are good ages for the league.

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By herrweis

I definately want them older

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By sethysquare

@BigCimmerian said:

Batman 32

Superman 32

Green Lantern 35

Aquaman 24

Flash 27

Wonder Woman 100

Cyborg 23

u like old women?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By bigcimmerian

@sethysquare said:

@BigCimmerian said:

Batman 32

Superman 32

Green Lantern 35

Aquaman 24

Flash 27

Wonder Woman 100

Cyborg 23

u like old women?

Nope, I just like the fact that she is daughter of Zeus and as such she should be immortal and much older and wiser than the rest of the team.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@BigCimmerian said:

@sethysquare said:

@BigCimmerian said:

Batman 32

Superman 32

Green Lantern 35

Aquaman 24

Flash 27

Wonder Woman 100

Cyborg 23

u like old women?

Nope, I just like the fact that she is daughter of Zeus and as such she should be immortal and much older and wiser than the rest of the team.

Hercules was not born with immortality. He had to earn it. Making Wonder Woman--or any other superhero--immortal is always dumb IMO. They become far less relatable. And their deeds seem far less heroic.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sethysquare

@OutlawRenegade said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@sethysquare said:

@BigCimmerian said:

Batman 32

Superman 32

Green Lantern 35

Aquaman 24

Flash 27

Wonder Woman 100

Cyborg 23

u like old women?

Hercules was not born with immortality. He had to earn it. Making Wonder Woman--or any other superhero--immortal is always dumb IMO. They become far less relatable. And their deeds seem far less heroic.

yeah, i wonder how weird she'll look if she went from 25 to 100 years old in 2 years.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By JamesKM716

I wish they were all (but Cyborg) around 25, or 26

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the Appollo fight was in the past, how old we're people in the issue 0s? I thought those took place at the same time?

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By Hazlenaut

@BigCimmerian: She live most of her years in seclusion. This increased her combat skills living with amazons but she lost experience at what is happening around the world that and communication skills.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By John Valentine

I always see Batman, Superman, Hal and Barry as being the same age (early 30s). I think Aquaman should be in his late 20s. It sets a reasonable time span for his discovery of and time spent in Atlantis, opposed to around only five/six years.

I think 23 for Cyborg is spot on. I consider Dick to be around 22/23, Jason Todd to be 21/22, Arsenal to be 22/23 etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.