Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3324 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Diverse Justice League for cinematic universe?

• 60 results
    Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Tyrus

Yeah, Marvel Cinematic Universe is failing for not having a black superhero while DC is apparently going to have a black superhero before them because they clearly have a Justice League movie coming soon :P

batpala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By batpala

@tyrus: Doesn't Marvel already have Rhodey and Condor?

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Hal>>>John.

That is all.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dude wtf? A black GL is not the be all end all,keep Hal Jordan and let J'onn J'onzz be black.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I open to it.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

The Justice League is already diverse:

• Superman: Kryptonian
    • Batman: White
    • Wonder Woman: Amazon
    • The Flash: White
    • Green Lantern: White
    • Aquaman: Atlantean
    • Martian Manhunter: Martian

I agree with @martianmanhunterisbetterthancy. They could always introduce both Hal and John. Also I don't see why they can't have an extra member to the team. Have either John Stewart or Hawkgirl. If they go with Hawkgirl they would have an extra female lead and they could also make her more Hispanic kinda like how the Bruce Timm Justice League show made all the Thangarians.

And I am going to be honest right now. I don't think anyone truly cares except for the fans (for some odd reason) and the news media. I have heard no one ever say that the Avengers were terrible because they only had one female lead or because the team was mostly a group of white guys. Most people could care less. They just see it as a form of entertainment. That's all. They don't think of how much more diverse it could've been after seeing the film. And honestly I could care less about the diversity and the cinematic stuff right now. It is getting really tiresome. I am a fan of the comics. Why should I care how a movie studio introduce my favorite heroes to me when I already know their stories and histories.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57  Edited By SupBatz

And I am going to be honest right now. I don't think anyone truly cares except for the fans (for some odd reason) and the news media. I have heard no one ever say that the Avengers were terrible because they only had one female lead or because the team was mostly a group of white guys. Most people could care less. They just see it as a form of entertainment. That's all. They don't think of how much more diverse it could've been after seeing the film. And honestly I could care less about the diversity and the cinematic stuff right now. It is getting really tiresome. I am a fan of the comics. Why should I care how a movie studio introduce my favorite heroes to me when I already know their stories and histories.

Agreed. I don't think that it's worth it to seek diversity for no reason. If anything, do a color-blind casting. If the actor/actress who is selected does a good job, I could care less what ethnicity he/she is.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I'm just glad we FINALLY have a live action Trinity

No Caption Provided

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@the_stegman: don't be surprised if the movie is actually called Trinity.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#60  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@crazyscarecrow said:

The Justice League is already diverse:

• Superman: Kryptonian
    • Batman: White
    • Wonder Woman: Amazon
    • The Flash: White
    • Green Lantern: White
    • Aquaman: Atlantean
    • Martian Manhunter: Martian

They could change the skin color of any of those guys if they wanted too. Atlanteans, Amazons and Kryptonians don't even exist, there's no reason they have to be white. And even if they've always been white, Flash, Green Lantern and Batman aren't defined by their skin color. (even though Batman and Superman are all ready being played by white dudes)

Martian Manhunter can shapeshift for crying out loud. His human actor can literally be anyone you want.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.