Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

DC/Warner Justice League Movie Multimedia Synergy Campaign

• 95 results
    OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By OutlawRenegade
    @captain13 said:

Slides on the DC Nation Intro

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

DC Nation Intro (No Sound & A Little Laggy)

Loading Video...

Good find! I forgot all about this. Good to see Cyborg make the cut for the DC Nation Intro. Jim Lee must love seeing this every Saturday morning, haha! Warner Bros. is pretty much just celebrating him here. Not that I'm complaining. ;-)
    Whoever made that for DC did a good job of cropping and animating Jim Lee's comic art.
    Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Captain13

@black_claw said:

So after the climax of Trinity War, does anybody think a new design for Cyborg is on it's way? If so, does anybody think that they're gonna use that new design for the Synergy Campaign? Because Jim Lee's Cyborg design is hideous.

I do for two reasons.

1) The original design was wayyyy to clunky and inhuman looking. It was ugly. And it would not translate well onto live action TV or live action film because it would cost too much--especially in Justice League projects. For example, he looked too over-designed to appear on something like Arrow or Smallville. And he would drive up the CGI cost of Justice League by a lot.

2) The new interpretation of Robocop as as guy in a life sustaining suit that he can't get out of is so similar to the Jim Lee Cyborg that Cyborg showing up on film as-is may make Warner look like they are ripping off Robocop. That's not a good thing even though Cyborg is an older character.

Loading Video...

DC is going to have to reinterpret the character again to be more viable in live action projects and to be more distinct from projects like Robocop, Iron Man, and Transformers.

I also hope he will get something akin to the Jeremy Roberts design with some Rocafort sensibilities.In fact, I want him to inherit the Justice League back up pages with Kenneth Rocafort on art. And I want him to have a personality that's more like his cartoon version. I want him to be funny. With the Technis, he has a big mythology of his own to explore. With the Grid he has his own villain. You have the potential to tell some nerdy short stories with him like Tron Cyborg, Giant Japanese Robot Cyborg that fights Kaiju like the Japanse Ultraman, Watchdogs Cyborg who can track down anyone, etc. He just needs a superstar writer who actually cares about him to write him well.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@captain13: Jimmy Palimotti perhaps? He did a good job writing him in Injustice.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw: Good choice! Palmiotti is a really awesome but under-appreciated writer. I love him work on Daughters of the Dragon, Batwing, and Injustice.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: isn't he also supposed to be writing Harley Quinn's new book?

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for outlawrenegadefangirl
    OutlawRenegadeFangirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13 said:

Slides on the DC Nation Intro

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

DC Nation Intro (No Sound & A Little Laggy)

Loading Video...

Good find! I forgot all about this. Good to see Cyborg make the cut for the DC Nation Intro. Jim Lee must love seeing this every Saturday morning, haha! Warner Bros. is pretty much just celebrating him here. Not that I'm complaining. ;-)
    Whoever made that for DC did a good job of cropping and animating Jim Lee's comic art.

Totally agree! Now we need a Jim Lee Static picture! :D

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outlawrenegadefangirl: I sure hope they do something interesting with Static soon *cough*movehimbacktodakota*cough*

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outlawrenegadefangirl: I sure hope they do something interesting with Static soon *cough*movehimbacktodakota*cough*

According to Didio at a con a couple of months ago, we should be seeing him again soon. In what capacity? IDK. It would be cool if he got another cartoon.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: Same! All I'm wondering is how long is "soon"?

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw said:

According to Didio at a con a couple of months ago, we should be seeing him again soon. In what capacity? IDK. It would be cool if he got another cartoon.

Before we get another cartoon, we need a proper Static book that also serves as a gateway to other Milestone characters in the DC universe.

Static has had a cartoon, but its time for someone else to have a turn, like Flash or Shazam.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Black_Claw

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: Well Flash is confirmed to be getting his own show. Shazam would get his own cartoon but unfortunately, Ben 10 is a roadblock since both of them have the premise of little boys turning into something powerful. I'm scared that mainstream audiences may see Shazam as a Ben 10 ripoff even though Shazam has obviously been around longer.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@superdork: haha WOW that Lakers SI cover is just hilarious in hindsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: Well Flash is confirmed to be getting his own show. Shazam would get his own cartoon but unfortunately, Ben 10 is a roadblock since both of them have the premise of little boys turning into something powerful. I'm scared that mainstream audiences may see Shazam as a Ben 10 ripoff even though Shazam has obviously been around longer.

Well for Flash I meant an animated show.

However I don't see how Ben 10 can be a roadblock for Shazam. Justice League wasn't a roadblock for Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes. Spongebob isn't a roadblock for Fish Hooks (don't ask me how I know, its some stupid modern Disney cartoon). Hell, is Ben 10 still popular?

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: Considering that Cartoon Network still keeps making new shows and I still tons of Ben 10 merchandise whenever I go to the store, yes it is still popular.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw: Then if CartoonNetwork wanted to capitalize on that success as well the general audience's current interest in superheroes, wouldn't Shazam be perfect?

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw: Then if CartoonNetwork wanted to capitalize on that success as well the general audience's current interest in superheroes, wouldn't Shazam be perfect?

Potentially flooding the market with a similar show airing at the same time... JLU and EMH were produced at different times. Though I am not a scientist...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy said:

Potentially flooding the market with a similar show airing at the same time... JLU and EMH were produced at different times. Though I am not a scientist...

Potentially flooding the market by adding one new show with the only similar premise is that it is a kid who becomes a superhero? CartoonNetwork probably wouldn't turn down something that is a potential money-maker. They've been trying to capitalize on Ben 10 for a while now, so new fresh blood could be what they need.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Captain13

@superdork said:

Justice League Doom
    Justice League Doom

More Justice League: Doom art by Stanley Lau.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I kind of wish we were getting John Stewart and Flash pushed more. Then again, this stuff is being done by Karen Berger and DCE, who are not actually making the movies.

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By TommyJones1945

I think part of their strategy as pushing this current roster was putting Barry as the definitive in his own TV show. The general public knows how he got his powers, the fact that he has super speed, but unfortunately don't know much else; not even his name or anyone from his rogue gallery. I think they are using Arrow and his future TV show to give him a sort of identity, like the GL movie did. I'm just hoping it works.

CIN.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommyjones1945: Same. But I wonder how they are going to make the rogues appear threatning to modern audiences. Because let's face it, their costumes do look pretty corny, and I don't even want to imagine how ridiculous they might look in live action.

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By TommyJones1945

^Yeah, part of the reason why I think a Flash movie is way to go. I hate to see Barry Allen smallvilled/arrowized(if those were words) Plus it would show people DC isn't afraid to put up other movies besides Batman/Superman movies; still SMH over the fact that our next movie is a Supes/Bats movie in 2015 when Marvel has a Thor, Capn and a Spiderman movie(plus more in dev, or I possibly missed out) before it even releases.

As for Cyborg being part of the roster; I hate it with every fibre of my being :'(, hes so out of place, and is a worse alternative over AM and MMH. I hope he gets shafted for someone else in the movie like Arrow, BC or kept at 5 for the movie..

CIN

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Black_Claw

@tommyjones1945: Or they can just have John Stewart in the movie. But you know that's impossible with Geoff Johns running things. Cyborg should be in a Teen Titans movie IMO.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommyjones1945: Or they can just have John Stewart in the movie. But you know that's impossible with Geoff Johns running things. Cyborg should be in a Teen Titans movie IMO.

Luckily Geoff Johns is not directing. ;)

I hear Affleck is a fan of JLU, so I hope we get John Stewart as a founder again.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Black_Claw

@black_claw said:

I hear Affleck is a fan of JLU, so I hope we get John Stewart as a founder again.

But wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the Synergy campaign?

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Captain13

@captain13 said:

@black_claw said:

But wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the Synergy campaign?

Yeah, but they would just change it when plans were more firmly set. I mean JLU still airs every Saturday. And they did try to go from pushing John Stewart to Hal Jordan. They can go in reverse.

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Until sth monumentous happens No. I dont see John being put on the GL pefestal. Other than increased diversity, they have no good reason to change it now.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Captain13

@tommyjones1945: Listen to all of it.

http://lucwiz50.tumblr.com/post/60723339751/audio_player_iframe/lucwiz50/tumblr_mstyg4mBYi1sbfhn2?audio_file=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tumblr.com%2Faudio_file%2Flucwiz50%2F60723339751%2Ftumblr_mstyg4mBYi1sbfhn2&color=white&simple=1

In an epic, 100 + page poll on Comic Book Resources asking which Lantern fans want to see in a Justice League movie, John Stewart defeated Hal Jordan handily:

Link.

Hal Jordan supporters counter attacked with a new poll, but this time they included more poll options in their attempt to defeat John by siphoning off his voters. As we can see here, it did not work:

Link.

In a poll conducted at IGN about the same thing, John defeated all the other Lanterns by a huge margin:

No Caption Provided

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/29/hero-worship-who-should-be-the-new-live-action-green-lantern?abthid=51ce28f6d062944b09000015

Two Forbes articles support the idea of using John Stewart in the upcoming Justice League movie:

Link 1.

Link 2.

MTV Geek supports John Stewart as the cinematic Green Lantern:

Link.

We know that Grace Randolph from Beyond the Trailer loves John Stewart and wants to see him on the big screen, but let’s watch her affirm that love once again:

Loading Video...

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, never knew you were a dedicated John fan. Sorry to say so , but my point still stands. Numerous websites and fans have their own ideas of what superhero movies should be made, and which superhero should have their own movie, or star in their own. Just bcus a few fans want a certain thing doesn't mean it'll happen. At the end of the day its WB's decision and their direction doesn't have John in sights. He's only good for nostalgia and diversity.

CIN.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, never knew you were a dedicated John fan. Sorry to say so , but my point still stands. Numerous websites and fans have their own ideas of what superhero movies should be made, and which superhero should have their own movie, or star in their own. Just bcus a few fans want a certain thing doesn't mean it'll happen. At the end of the day its WB's decision and their direction doesn't have John in sights. He's only good for nostalgia and diversity.

CIN.

You mean, it doesn't matter what the majority of fans want? Sounds like bad business to me, but, you know, whatever, haha.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Captain13

I'm surprised this hasn't popped yet:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

DC Entertainment or Diane Nelson or whoever really likes Cyborg. But he's hardly ever used in the Justice League comic... Weird

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^Sup Captain13, I'm surprised you don't know. He's there basically for diversity and his boomtubes. As for his inclusion into Jl, I'm kinda warming up to him (I've been watching lots of Teen Titans Go). I just hope he doesn't feel out of place if he appears in the movie.

CIN.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: that's because whenever characters are used in a medium outside of comic books, the audience is going to be a lot bigger and more diverse so they have to make characters like Cyborg or John Stewart interesting, otherwise they'll be shooting themselves in the foot.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Captain13

@tommyjones1945: If that's the case, they should have gone with John Stewart for the reasons mentioned above. Oh, well. It's kinda sad that they don't even believe in the character besides a requirement. What kind of bs gesture is that? It's about as meaningful as a forced apology a teacher makes a student do. It borders on insulting.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Captain13

Justice League War credits:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Tribute Video:

Loading Video...
    Joker Gives Batman the Middle Finger =P
    Joker Gives Batman the Middle Finger =P
    Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More Justice League: Doom art by Stanley Lau.
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Can anyone photoshop these into a single, pretty image--like a wallpaper or a banner?

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Well you complain about DC/WB not making many movies but they know how give their characters a bigger media push than Marvel!

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay: Nothing really stakes up to the audience a movie gets--in terms of breadth or audience diversity. People know more about Iron Man than Cyborg or Wonder Woman for example even though two of those characters have been "pushed"

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay: Nothing really stakes up to the audience a movie gets--in terms of breadth or audience diversity. People know more about Iron Man than Cyborg or Wonder Woman for example even though two of those characters have been "pushed"

Because Marvel pushed them :)

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@tommyjones1945 said:

@outlawrenegade said:

Because Marvel pushed them :)

Too bad Marvel/Disney and DC/WB are not structured the same way. If so, we'd have seen a more traditional Robin earlier in the Nolan films. And, hey, where were Batgirl and the other bat-characters DC pushes?

Truth is, WB lets the directors make the decisions. The comics division is not nearly as profitable, so they usually have to take cues from the films--even though those cues don't always last. Nolan's Batman is probably why New 52 Batman is armored, not the other way around. Also the New 52 Superman lost his underwear after MoS went into production.

Apparently Lobo's new look is from some plans tossed around for the movie that character has had in development for years.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more changes in the comics when the plans for Justice League are more concrete. Right now, whatever DC pushes is as relevant as what they pushed when they the Dark Knight movies came out--like Batman, Inc., lol.

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outlawrenegade: What? Robin and Batgirl were in the shumacher movies cus they were Batman's sidekicks and yes DC did push them. What other bat-characters are you talking about.

BS and you know it. There's almost nothing directors are able to do without getting an a OK from WB. Comics aren't as profitable for a myriad of reasons least have to do with the fact of what you're talking about. The Batman and Superman new52 costumes where designed by Jim Lee and had nothing to do with the movies. Supes' costume came out before MoS went into development on the suit.

Neither know nor care about this--Even then what's the point.

Whether or not the subsequent movies bring changes is sth neither you nor me knows, so I wouldn't jump into conclusions. What DC's pushing now is what will most likely appear whether you want it to or not. CIN.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommyjones1945: Lol. Re-read my post and keep re-reading it until you get it.

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outlawrenegade's statement: Lol. Re-read my post and keep re-reading it until you get it.

English intepretation: I was unable to come up with a counter-argument, so I'll ask you to re-read what was previously said so I don't have to do anythng. CIN.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/littlebigplanet_2/news/dc_comics_premium_level_pack_coming_to_littlebigplanet_next_week.html

No Caption Provided

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunman said:

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/littlebigplanet_2/news/dc_comics_premium_level_pack_coming_to_littlebigplanet_next_week.html

No Caption Provided

At this rate, I think it's a safe bet to assume that Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Hal, Barry, and Cyborg are gonna be the ones used in the film. In the case of Cyborg (if he does make the cut), I am praying that they make him interesting in the film and not horribly one dimensional like he is in the comics.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#97  Edited By sethysquare

Not to mention

No Caption Provided

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.