DCnU Justice League villains

• 108 results
#1 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9182 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone knows that the Justice League are the greatest earth heroes, to whom we look up to and admire, who taught us what the true heroism is. Some of his villains were seen as the greatest villains of the world, through the years they gained other villains worthy of being in the pantheon of villains,through the years but unfortunately ended up losing their purposes, merely becoming bad copies of themselves. Taking advantage of the New 52, I would like to ask what villains you want to come back and how you would like them to return?? What do you think about his new villains??

I took this ideia from:

I want to see,these villains back:

Prometheus

Blessed be Morrison and his creations.

Prometheus is one of the better villains created for the team at all times,known to be a Batman's dark reflection, which he could be if it followed the other way,able to represent a real challenge for the team and their parents, discovering the secrets of the team, he was able to defeat it, because nothing is more dangerous to defeat someone than their secrets,and it was up to Batman and Martian Manhunter to put an end to his reign of terror, for almost forever and ever. Disappeared and replaced by an idiot, it took years until the original Prometheus could return and make life a living hell for heroes ,what can be worse than a villain who knows everything about you?

If he could go back, I almost wouldn't change anything unless incorporate his equipment in their armor and give some upgrade,like the helmet to be able to connect with all types of electronic systems and increase his mental capacity,have a kind of battle computer (like his 2nd costume,but incorporate on his brain) and make the suit capable to generate force fields,both to defend as to attack. Another thing I would change would make it more fit for direct confrontation and without needing prep time.

It would be interesting to see him and Batman fighting again, and thus show more of the Bat skills, which is little used in the stories and thus make Hall,shut up for good.

Kanjar Ro

One of more obscure JL villains,Kanjar Ro has already been seen in many ways throught the years like a dictator,a conqueror,a intergalactic businessman and even a simple thief as shown in the Justice League cartoon,but with so many appearances, why he was not able to become a great villain? A great story.

He could be reintroduced as before like a dictator of his planet,that seeking to conquer other planets and take their natural resources and people (leaving the planet uninhabitable) to be sold in the intergalactic market,and then sell the planets to other empires or use them to expand his own domains. Upon arriving on Earth he encountered a huge population of metahumans in the planet and would be obsessed studying them and how much could win,if he could sell them,he could kidnap the metahuman population until be held by the League, which he consider as his greatest prize,if they become his property.

#2 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9182 posts) - - Show Bio

what do you think?

#3 Posted by Captain13 (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be cool to get Felix Faust back as a worshiper of a Lovecraftian, inter-dimensional god/conqueror Starro

#4 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9182 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13: Wow,This is a really nice idea!!

Queen of the Fables

I know,I know magical threats it's Justice League Dark's bussiness,but with future appearance of Cheetah on issue 13,is more than the time for the team face magical based villains...especially Queen of the Fables,with their distorted view of reality and particamentes unlimited powers, she was able to defeat the League with fairy tales and years later make Wonder Woman's life a hell, whom she sees as his greatest enemy... I really love the character, because a certain irony in his powers .. a character be able to rely on other characters and create an imaginary world,revealed it would be good Hollywood invading and absorbing ideas to start her reign in the ''real world''.

:what about you guys?

#5 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Destiny, Mongul, and Despero need to make a big bad comeback.

#7 Posted by Trodorne (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Dr. Destiny

Speaking of Skeletor there. Why not make the Actual Skeletor from MOTU into a one shot villain since DC technically own the rights to do he-man comics. Skeletor would just own superman and maybe wonder woman by use of mind controlling superman.

#8 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@matchesmalone21: I want Sinestro to be John Stewart's archnemesis!

not gonna happen. hee hee hee haa haa haa.

#9 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Destiny > Skeletor

#10 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Why is that?

#11 Posted by Lvenger (21233 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@sethysquare: Why is that?

I think sethy's saying that because the rumours are pointing to Hal Jordan being Green Lantern in the Justice League movie, not John Stewart.

@Gambit1024 said:

Dr. Destiny, Mongul, and Despero need to make a big bad comeback.

1 and 3 would be better off as League villains IMO. Definitely 3 if they make him like the beefy, badass Despero rather than the original version. I'd quite like to see Mongul in a Superman movie at some point. Lots of possibilities there but if they introduce Platoon or Overkhast in there, I'll be mad as hell.

#12 Posted by The_Tree (7960 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13 said:

It would be cool to get Felix Faust back as a worshiper of a Lovecraftian, inter-dimensional god/conqueror Starro

I love this.

I also want to see Prometheus back, he was all sorts of badass.

I'd love to see Vandal Savage and Queen Bee as well.

#13 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I'd at least like to see War World again at some point. It's been a while.

#14 Posted by Lvenger (21233 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Well I'd at least like to see War World again at some point. It's been a while.

Too true. I'd quite like to see the Superman exiled into space story turned into a film. Though Superman could be on a space mission instead of self imposed exile. The rest of that story would fit brilliantly into a movie format.

#15 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

I think sethy's saying that because the rumours are pointing to Hal Jordan being Green Lantern in the Justice League movie, not John Stewart.

1. They already used Hal Jordan and the movie sucked

2. It should be John Stewart, Justice League needs some diversity.

#16 Posted by Lvenger (21233 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@Lvenger said:

1. The movie sucked not because of Hal Jordan's character but because of a poor script, a terrible story, poor choices of actors for Hal Jordan, Carol Ferris and Hector Hammond, weird special effects for the Green Lanterns' costume, mixing elements of Krona into Parallax and a failed attempt to recreate Geoff Johns' Secret Origin story along with his other work on Green Lantern. It didn't suck because Hal was the focus.

2. I kind of agree with you as a lot of people know John Stewart from the Justice League cartoon and mistakenly believe him to be the main Green Lantern but DC seem to be using Hal Jordan a lot in their other media such as video games to make people aware of him. Plus the Green Lantern cartoon has Hal as the star, not John. They're getting people aware of Hal more so that some people will be familiar with him in the Justice League movie. If John Stewart were to appear, he would be getting all the attention, not Hal.

#17 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW: @Lvenger: Yes. Also Sinstro has this strange relationship with Hal. They just can't make up their mind if they want to kill each other or kiss each other. They'll always be connected to each other in this way.

#18 Posted by Lvenger (21233 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@NerdsFTW: @Lvenger: Yes. Also Sinstro has this strange relationship with Hal. They just can't make up their mind if they want to kill each other or kiss each other. They'll always be connected to each other in this way.

That's why I'm really enjoying Green Lantern at the moment. Though with the introduction of this new ethnic Green Lantern, I'm worried that will all go out the window.

#19 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@NerdsFTW said:

@Lvenger said:

1. The movie sucked not because of Hal Jordan's character but because of a poor script, a terrible story, poor choices of actors for Hal Jordan, Carol Ferris and Hector Hammond, weird special effects for the Green Lanterns' costume, mixing elements of Krona into Parallax and a failed attempt to recreate Geoff Johns' Secret Origin story along with his other work on Green Lantern. It didn't suck because Hal was the focus.

2. I kind of agree with you as a lot of people know John Stewart from the Justice League cartoon and mistakenly believe him to be the main Green Lantern but DC seem to be using Hal Jordan a lot in their other media such as video games to make people aware of him. Plus the Green Lantern cartoon has Hal as the star, not John. They're getting people aware of Hal more so that some people will be familiar with him in the Justice League movie. If John Stewart were to appear, he would be getting all the attention, not Hal.

Exactly. Sinestro never hung out much with John Stewart. They were never friends or enemies.

#20 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

Exactly. Sinestro never hung out much with John Stewart. They were never friends or enemies.

it's a reboot, anything can happen.

@Lvenger said:

1. The movie had great actors, just a terrible script, and it seems that it's always Hal Jordan as the focus, hal jordan this, hal jordan that, I mean, another white, male superhero? Really? Like America doesn't have enough of those already?

2. I sort of agree, my main complaint is that John is going to be a sidekick to Hal like how war machine was a sidekick to Tony in Iron Man 2. Which is stupid. Black superheroes make up about 1% of the population, and yet they should all be sidekicks? F*ck no.

Plus, I like John better anyway.

#21 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@sethysquare said:

That's why I'm really enjoying Green Lantern at the moment. Though with the introduction of this new ethnic Green Lantern, I'm worried that will all go out the window.

No need to worry. Hal Jordan will still be the most important lantern in the DC universe.

Green Lantern #12
New 52 Green Lantern Figure
Movie Busts
#22 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@sethysquare said:

@Lvenger said:

1. The movie had great actors, just a terrible script, and it seems that it's always Hal Jordan as the focus, hal jordan this, hal jordan that, I mean, another white, male superhero? Really? Like America doesn't have enough of those already?

2. I sort of agree, my main complaint is that John is going to be a sidekick to Hal like how war machine was a sidekick to Tony in Iron Man 2. Which is stupid. Black superheroes make up about 1% of the population, and yet they should all be sidekicks? F*ck no.

It already rebooted. For the past year, Hal Jordan has been lip locking Sinestro every issue. At this point of time, I think he is spend so much more quality and quantity time with Thaal Sinestro than Carol.

#23 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

It already rebooted. For the past year, Hal Jordan has been lip locking Sinestro every issue. At this point of time, I think he is spend so much more quality and quantity time with Thaal Sinestro than Carol.

They haven't made a new GL movie yet. And the show sucks. And the comics, well, like I said, they always focus on Hal, always. And I'm really tired of it.

@sethysquare said:

No need to worry. Hal Jordan will still be the most important lantern in the DC universe.

The most overrated? Yes. The most important? No.

#24 Posted by Lvenger (21233 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

1. I know Ryan Reynolds can do serious roles, he just wasn't suited to be Hal Jordan in my eyes after watching the film. And Blake Lively's performance was so dreary, not how Carol should act at all. And yes aside from Ultimate Nick Fury getting the benefit of being played by Samuel L Jackson, black superheroes haven't got the spotlight in comic book movies. I'm still waiting for a Black Panther film which he thoroughly deserves. Though Falcon is being set up to appear on the Avengers Assemble cartoon so maybe a black superhero will make the big time in Avengers 2.

2. This is kind of a response to 2 and your reboot question. There's been wild rumours over the Internets that Ryan Reynolds might continue as Green Lantern and just act far more seriously than he did in Green Lantern. Apparently the events of Green Lantern would be referenced but it would be given the Incredible Hulk treatment.

The next thing is that in an interview, Reynolds said if there were future Green Lantern films, the sequel would involve Sinestro defecting from the Corps and setting up his own one a la Sinestro Corps War and the third film would be about Hal's fall from grace Emerald Twilight style.

#25 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@sethysquare said:

They haven't made a new GL movie yet. And the show sucks. And the comics, well, like I said, they always focus on Hal, always. And I'm really tired of it.

@sethysquare said:

The most overrated? Yes. The most important? No.

Don't go hating on Hal. He has done nothing to you.

Additionally, heres Green Lantern Annual by superstar artist Ethan Van Sciver. Wonder which lantern will be the focus of the story.

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/showpost.php?p=724469&postcount=80

Wonder who this Jordan character is.

#26 Posted by Lvenger (21233 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Is that this year's Green Lantern annual that finishes off the Black Hand storyline? Looks sweet!

#27 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

The next thing is that in an interview, Reynolds said if there were future Green Lantern films, the sequel would involve Sinestro defecting from the Corps and setting up his own one a la Sinestro Corps War and the third film would be about Hal's fall from grace Emerald Twilight style.

So it's going to be about Hal? Great! Just Great! No diversity or surprise there!

Also, Nick Fury didn't even have his own movie! He just the guy that brought the most important characters together! That's worse than being a sidekick!

@sethysquare said:

Additionally, heres Green Lantern Annual by superstar artist Ethan Van Sciver. Wonder which lantern will be the focus of the story.

I'm not, I just expect there to be some diversity in movies, which, according to Lvenger, there isn't going to be any.

#28 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Yes, I know. I can't wait for it seriously. Ethan Van Sciver is doing great work down there.

@NerdsFTW said:

@Lvenger said:

So it's going to be about Hal? Great! Just Great! No diversity or surprise there!

Also, Nick Fury didn't even have his own movie! He just the guy that brought the most important characters together! That's worse than being a sidekick!

@sethysquare said:

I'm not, I just expect there to be some diversity in movies, which, according to Lvenger, there isn't going to be any.

Surprise, Cyborg may very well be in there. Thats your surprise.

Also, it seems like Amanda Waller is also going to be in Justice League. Very likely.

So there you go. Diversity.

#29 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Doesn't change the fact that it will be Hal and not John.

#30 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@sethysquare: Doesn't change the fact that it will be Hal and not John.

Why do you like John anyways. Is it the animated series? Do you read the green lantern comics? I have been reading his stuff on Green Lantern Corp pre and post flashpoint and a little of the pre flashpoing Justice League. Honestly, he is the least likeable character. He is very stern, very dull and very serious. His constructs differ from the rest. Kyle does very animated constructs, John would do very detailed and technical ones. With lotsa attention on every bolt and nut.

For the past ten years or so, he has been an absolute bore. The only time he was interesting was when he killed mogo and when he killed the other lantern to prevent him from telling the corps' secret. Other than that, Kyle and Guy are so much more interesting than John. Guy makes the wackiest comments ever and Kyle always have his own set of relationship problems. Hal by far is the most interesting with so many things going on.

Even reading back my friend's GL omnibus, John has always been that serious and dull guy. So I'm not sure why you want him to be the main GL so bad, other than the fact that he starred in JLU.

#31 Posted by Lvenger (21233 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@Lvenger said:

The thing I don't like about Jackson being Nick Fury is that it's all down to recent popularity in the Ultimates. Marvel asked if they could use Jackson's likeness for Ultimate Nick Fury, referenced the fact that Jackson would be the right actor to portray Ultimate Nick Fury when the Ultimates were discussing which actors they would want to play them in a movie and the worst part is that they've done away with the white 616 Fury and replaced him with a black son who's now sporting an eye patch and has taken over for his father! That's plain wrong that a brilliant character's history has been erased due to movie popularity.

@sethysquare said:

Surprise, Cyborg may very well be in there. Thats your surprise.

Also, it seems like Amanda Waller is also going to be in Justice League. Very likely.

So there you go. Diversity.

The Amanda Waller thing sounds too much like what the Avengers did which incidentally DC and Warner Bros are trying to avoid. Fail there. And are the rumours true that it's going to be a New 52 Justice League inspired movie?

#32 Edited by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Rumors are just rumors. But just looking at which characters they're pushing, you can know what the direction of the movie is.

Its pretty obvious they're going with new 52 line up. They're spending millions promoting it. Hal Jordan has been their most profitable lantern so its stupid to not include him in.

Which means they'll need another minority which is where Cyborg comes along. They're even building a amusement ride in WB movie world in aussie with Justice League members and Cyborg is part of it.

Not to mention Cyborg's role in Injustice, JL Earth's Final Defense and Batman Lego 2. Theres no way they wont include Hal and if they want diversity, Cyborg seems to be their only choice. So basically its the new 52 line up. Theres a possibility we might not see Aquaman. Possibly.

Itll probably be the new 52 line up, but not likely the new 52 story.

#33 Posted by SoA (5247 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13: faust is the villain in recent issues of JL dark

#34 Edited by Captain13 (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

Really? I haven't read JLD. Maybe I will now. When did Faust come in, and has he been written well?

I'd also like to see the Cadmus Project brought back by the U.S. Government.

#35 Posted by jwalser3 (5279 posts) - - Show Bio

Starro would be awesome!

#36 Posted by SoA (5247 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13: issue 9 or ten . was never big on faust so i dont really know if they did him justice.

#37 Posted by The_Tree (7960 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13 said:

@SoA said:

Really? I haven't read JLD. Maybe I will now. When did Faust come in, and has he been written well?

I'd also like to see the Cadmus Project brought back by the U.S. Government.

Cadmus was in the OMAC series, too. I can't remember to what extent though, because I only read the first three issues. I just remember there was some shady stuff going on there, and Kevin Kho worked for them.

#38 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

Even reading back my friend's GL omnibus, John has always been that serious and dull guy. So I'm not sure why you want him to be the main GL so bad, other than the fact that he starred in JLU.

Because he's more interesting than Hal.

#39 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9182 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA: Actually yes, it was well written, because Faust was once a real idiot and now is a good character,which we can care about

I also love to see Despero back too, but it takes an enormous upgrade,because him and Darkseid are very similar in some ways. Both are dictators,has vast army,are conquerors....he need a other attitude,philosophy

@NerdsFTW

#40 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@sethysquare said:

Because he's more interesting than Hal.

and why would you say that? He got a more interesting name?

#41 Posted by TDK_1997 (15081 posts) - - Show Bio

I would definitely love to see Prometheus back.

#42 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9182 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997: Surely he is one of the better villains of the League, is a pity that the team has few great villains

#43 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@NerdsFTW

That would be awesome!

@sethysquare said:

More interesting personality and mindset.

#44 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

@NerdsFTW

That would be awesome!

@sethysquare said:

More interesting personality and mindset.

Uhm. From where. Not from the past 10 years of Green Lantern. Tell me some of his moments where you thought that he did great in GL for the past 10 years. Other than Killing Mogo or killing the other GL.

You're probably talking about the animated series.

#45 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9182 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: @Lvenger: What about Starbreaker?

#46 Posted by Lvenger (21233 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Interesting. If done right he would be a big bad threat for the League to face, even Superman. That would be a neat choice.

#47 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9182 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: And even more now that next year Martian Manhunter and Shazam will joining the team,needs a powerful villain to face them!!

#48 Edited by giovannile07 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

@sethysquare said:

@Lvenger said:

Haha Urmm Martian Manhunter's human form is a black guy? Is that close enough? Anyways, it would be cool to have diversity like Asian superheroes, Latino superheroes, and etc., but I doubt they are ever going to be major components. Young Justice puts in a lot of nice diversity though like Cheshire, Huntress, and Artemis are all Vietnamese or part Vietnamese. Blue Beetle is Latino, that is pretty given. Aqualad is a black Atlantean. Bumblebee is black too, Mal Duncan makes an appearance every once in a while. Rocket also appears at the end of the season too I believe. It would be nice to have diversity, but I don't think it is required. I rather have the Justice League movie stick with all the original members just because that's who the Justice League members are, I think people would be upset if they replaced Hal with John Stewart because he isn't actually the original member... People don't like it when you switch characters or do something drastically different than what their fan base has grown up with.

#49 Posted by Lvenger (21233 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: I'm not sure it's been confirmed that MM's joining the team. Johns said Shazam certainly was but I think Johns only said that he plans to reveal the mystery behind MM's brief time with the Justice League. Plus on Stormwatch I think he said that the Justice League might represent a threat or something.

#50 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9182 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: Well it's possible,but this I'm sure he will explain that and I think from there he will join the team because he believes they have the potential to be more than they are,he will try to alert you about future challenges and trains them for that. Now imagine Shazam and Martian Manhunter,with them...who can face this team

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.