dc comics for new comers like me.

#1 Posted by samirerre (37 posts) - - Show Bio

i never actually red any dc comics in the past,only few batman ones and it got boring very fast.

however lately my interest in the dc universe started to rise after watching the young justice show.

is there a chain of events for the dc comics,i see all those comics issues and my head gets dizzy,every small superhero has hes own 2000 comic isuues.

do i need to read them all to understand whats happening.HELP .i see multiple supermans,4 different robins,and clones and ripoffs of clone of ripoffs of each other. lol .WTF help

#2 Edited by TheCannon (19458 posts) - - Show Bio

With the New 52, the only stuff you NEED to read is the Silver age Green Lantern on. The other stuff is good for new readers. I didn't even read anything modern from DC until that came along. You can read stuff before that, but it would really just be a good read. It won't really help with the current continuity.

BTW, there are actually five Robins.

#3 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

It ain't that hard. Like TheCannon said, all you have to do is start with the New 52 if you want to collect comics regularly. They rebooted their universe so it's easier for new readers to get in.

The only ones that aren't new-reader friendly are the Green Lantern series, and that's debatable. You can track down the earlier issues, or buy the first TPBs of the series you're interested in and get the rest of them. The TPBs collect from issue 1-6, 1-7 or 1-8, and you can buy the rest of them in your local comic shop.

#4 Posted by samirerre (37 posts) - - Show Bio

one more quastion,are all the comics that came out prior to the new 52 comics are irelevent now to the main story?

#5 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

@samirerre said:

one more quastion,are all the comics that came out prior to the new 52 comics are irelevent now to the main story?

No, there's still plenty of stories that matter, mainly from Green Lantern and also some from Batman.

#6 Edited by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno man, I started with the new 52 and i havent had any problems so far!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.