Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3324 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

DC Announces That All Future Animated Films Will Be New 52

• 81 results
    Bludhaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Bludhaven

@outlawrenegade said:

Also, I just saw the sneak peek for Justice League: War, and it looks like Shazam will replace Aquaman. -_-

Does this story need another flying brick with jet-black hair?

They're replacing Aquaman with f*cking Shazam?!?! If they're gonna replace anyone, replace that utter waste of space Cyborg, don't replace one of the most iconic members of the Justice League, y'know the one who has probably benefited the most and has been one of the most successful characters since the reboot, y'know that reboot that you're basing your next THREE animated films on???

Geoff, did you have absolutely no say in this, or did the universal forces of utter stupidity cause you to allow this moronic move of such ridiculous proportions?

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Shazam replacing Aquaman? What is this I don't even....

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Why write yourself into a corner? Why can't the animated movies adapt whatever story they like from whatever era of DC? It's not like there's so much continuity between the movies. I guess since in All-Star Superman the main character sorta died or at least is out of commission at the end he can't be used to tell stories anymore...wait, wrong! Superman was in Superman vs. The Elite and Supeman Unbound.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@bludhaven: Cyborg is actually pretty integral to this story, so you cannot replace him. Aquaman only had a cameo--I would just not have had a 7th spot or just given it to a girl like Vixen, Element Woman, Mera, or Zatanna. Too many dudes IMO, but DC seems to have a woman/minority quota... And the next 2 animated films were officially announced as Batman films. The one after that is rumored to be a Throne of Atlantis adaptation.

@black_claw:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for dtslanterncorps
    DTSLanternCorps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@bludhaven: Cyborg is actually pretty integral to this story, so you cannot replace him. Aquaman only had a cameo--I would just not have had a 7th spot or just given it to a girl like Vixen, Element Woman, Mera, or Zatanna. Too many dudes IMO, but DC seems to have a woman/minority quota... And the next 2 animated films were officially announced as Batman films. The one after that is rumored to be a Throne of Atlantis adaptation.

@black_claw:

Loading Video...

At least the preview looks cool. And Darkseid is gonna have more lines than he did in the comics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's not easy being a Green Arrow fan.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I know the older fans like myself are going to hate this but facts are facts, New 52 is probably here to stay until the next crisis when all the new fans of this era will bitch about all that continuity being erased. The pre New 52 is gone and the New 52 is selling well enough to keep going so we're just going to have to deal with it or quit reading and honestly I'm leaning toward the latter for both DC and Marvel.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I like the idea of a Batman and Son film.

...Not so much a fan of ONLY New 52 films for the future though... Hopefully they'll turn their backs on that plan after the next three.

Destinyhero20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss DC doing original animated movies

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be honest, I'm disappointed that they've decided to portray only "New 52" storylines for movies. It's admirable to see their commitment though. Geoff Johns is a great writer but the Justice League origin story was surprisingly disgusting compared to other truly memorable events. They portrayed Darkseid disgustingly, Hal Jordan persistently mocked Batman for his lack of powers, Aquaman had very little impact in the story, and the Flash was out of character. There could have been several memorable events portrayed, outside of the New 52 including The Killing Joke, Knightfall, Sinestro Corps War, and Blackest Night. Since they are sticking with the New 52, I personally hope for a Suicide Squad movie, Night of Owls movie, and perhaps a movie featuring Emperor Penguin. With that being said, I doubt those will happen anytime soon.

Avatar image for nightcrawler358
    NightCrawler358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm happy they're at least making New 52 movies, but they'l probably only stick to very basic titles like Batman, Action Comics, Justice League, GL, and Flash D:

What's stopping them from occasionally going back and adapting a classic, I mean come on!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#63  Edited By Lvenger

So there are more Batman films on the way? I'm only pacified since they're adapting Batman and Son along with Batman: Arkham Asylum by the looks of things. Two awesome Morrison Batman stories that deserve the spotlight.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#64  Edited By Samimista

Hope we'll get a Court of the Owls movie!

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I hope the Arkham movie is based on Knightfall or Battle for the Cowl,if it has Joker as the main antagonist AGAIN then I'm gonna lose my mind.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Their going to adapt Arkham Asylum and Batman and Son, these two are Pre-New 52.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@dondave said:

@dark_guyver said:

Glad to hear. Sure there are still a lot of pre 52 stories that would make a good animated film. But I'm glad to see DC committed to the New 52 when it comes to animation.

Co-signed

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's funny how even DC has no respect for Aquaman.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

Anyone who thinks this is a good thing (if it's true) needs to drown themselves.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You know...I actually prefer these movies when they have original plots (e.g. Wonder Woman) as opposed to direct adaptations of stories, of which I've only enjoyed a few.

And seriously, how many New 52 stories are there that are actually worth adapting? When there's a bevy of far superior choices in both pre-52 and even Elseworlds tales.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: They're still making some Pre-52 Movies

Evilmime13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

Their going to adapt Arkham Asylum and Batman and Son, these two are Pre-New 52.

Just what I was thinking.

@dondave said:

@veshark: They're still making some Pre-52 Movies

Exactly

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
    deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Nope.both are new 52. They will match-up Grant Morrison and Peter Tomasi stories into one (Batman and Son)

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: From what I've heard its based on Batman and Son from pre-New 52 and Arkahm Asylum is also pre-New 52.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Peter Tomasi based Damian origins in that story arc,so is stil canon in new 52

mtrakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love DC animation.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: Still the book is from pre-New 52, anyways I don't think they'll stop making movies from pre-New 52, there's too many good stories there.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By RustyRoy

@matchesmalone21: Still the book is from pre-New 52, anyways I don't think they'll stop making movies from pre-New 52, there's too many good stories there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: okay. If they will keep doing pre-New 52 animated movies,I hope to see more Wonder Woman adaptations such War of the Gods,Hiketeia or JMS run

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#80  Edited By batmannflash

@rulerofthisuniverse said:

Awesome. Don't get all the hate about the New 52, they have some great story lines that DC could use.

I like the New 52 but there are so many pre 52 stories that should have gotten movies. Kingdom Come, Knightfall, Killing Joke...now there won't be anyone pre 52 animated movies

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#81  Edited By PowerHerc

That's too bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.