Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3324 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Cyborg Officially Cast In "Batman vs Superman"

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

And only 50 full minutes after Thanos was cast.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Captain13

1. Looks like Batman vs Superman is actually Justice League.

2. Looks like Johns is using his Goyer connection to full effect. Johns wins again. -_-

3. I'm mixed about this. I'm gonna be depressed if the only POC on the team looks like a monster or like Marvel's Deathlok. I'm going to be even more depressed in Cyborg is the team bus and teen sidekick to the team like he is on Johns's run. I really don't like the idea of him being the new version of Snapper Carr. :-/ Hopefully it's better than in the comics.

4. Snyder's Justice League will probably be a big fight scene. Hopefully it actually has heart and good characterization. :-/

5. I'm guessing we're probably looking at some version of Justice League: Origin/War

Loading Video...

6. That's all I have to say. I'm already done with this thread. Happy posting!

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ColaNicole

Good cast choice. It all feels rushed to compete with Marvel, though. Don't run before you can walk.

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TehStranger

At this point this basically feels like its going to be a Justice League film disguised as a Superman film.

I don't think DC understands why Avengers was so successful. Not because a bunch of superheros were on screen together, but because they had solo movies to get to know their characters. This just seems to be trying to shove as many people as possible at once without the audience getting to know them or connect to them.

Also I guess this means no Martian Manhunter since we're going with the new 52 team. Shame, I would of wanted them to go with the classic team, but with John Stewart instead of Hal.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#6  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Awesome, now they just need to officially reveal GL and put MMH,Aquaman, or Hawkgirl and we're golden. could you imagine the GL being John and MMH being revealed with a black actor? 3 black actors as main characters at once?!?! that'd be insane (and by insane, i mean awesome).

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Captain13

P.S. Hopefully a grounded/realistic Batman can seem useful in this universe.

@avenging_x_bolt said:

Awesome, now they just need to officially reveal GL and put MMH,Aquaman, or Hawkgirl and we're golden. could you imagine the GL being John and MMH being revealed with a black actor? 3 black characters at once?!?! that'd be insane (and by insane,, i mean boss)

That would be really progressive of Hollywood. Wow. I think the only other summer blockbuster I can remember with multiple black characters was the first Transformers film. We'll see what happens. I think Hal is more likely to show up now though... Maybe that's the role Josh Holloway has, but I think it's more likely he's Steve Trevor. But like I said, we'll see. This project keeps surprising me.

@tehstranger said:

At this point this basically feels like its going to be a Justice League film disguised as a Superman film.

I don't think DC understands why Avengers was so successful. Not because a bunch of superheros were on screen together, but because they had solo movies to get to know their characters. This just seems to be trying to shove as many people as possible at once without the audience getting to know them or connect to them.

Also I guess this means no Martian Manhunter since we're going with the new 52 team. Shame, I would of wanted them to go with the classic team, but with John Stewart instead of Hal.

Yeah, John would have been cool. I think this will do better money than the X-Men films that only focus on like 3 out of 18 characters, but it won't be like Avengers due to each character not getting their own film. If they can pull this off, this will be an interesting way to differentiate themselves from Marvel by probably going a Lord of the Rings route.

RobinNight52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the hell they should just make JL and let the solo movies spin out of it instead of having I don't know how to call it

DoomGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are they up to? Are they seriously going to introduce all these characters in one perhaps 2-3 hour movie?

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: Really hope it isn't a grounded realistic Batman.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papinacho: Yeah, I don't know how realistic Batman can be useful when Superman is punching spaceships and Cyborg is connected to every computer on Earth. The only way to make him work is to go the super ninja route.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: To be honest I'd much rather the Ozymandias route. Catching, bullets outsmarting cosmic beings, etc.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sounds more and more like a train wreck.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: To be honest I'd much rather the Ozymandias route. Catching, bullets outsmarting cosmic beings, etc.

Yeah, I just don't think the MoS universe is gong that route. But I could obviously be wrong.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: Well it's either that, or they use the Batman vs Superman movie, to retire Batman after he realizes exactly how out of his depth he is in this world. Batman then gives the ok to Superman to continue his work, and the Justice League continues on without him. I can see that happening, based on their ultra-realism.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By SUNMAN
    No Caption Provided

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely not a rushed choice, since it's still 2 years away...

I have to admit though, I don't mind if Cyborg gets little airtime then casted off....he's not even an original JL member, MMH is and should get more time of the two. Flash could make a quick appearance ;) see what I did there?

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

No one should be surprised.

Henry Cavil, David Goyer and Zack Snyder both talked about Cyborg months ago. Plus DCs been pushing in multimedia along with the other Justice League since 2011.

More than any other Justice League member Victor Stone needed to be introduced prior to a Justice League film, if WB wants to use him. If Star Labs plays a bigger role in this movie, say Superman stops by to see Silas and Victor could be there. Maybe he gets in an injury near the end of the film or that happens in Justice League like the New 52 version.

so this didn't surprise me. The WW casting slightly surprised me I'm not sure if she has a big role or a minor role, but will find out.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GREAT so between Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder the body count is gonna be off the charts by the looks of it.

Snyder already killed Superman in Man Of Steel.

Now and I know this for certain, they will further kill him off to appease Batman fans in this sequel.

Wonder Woman is already just dead, forget about her after they ruin her in this movie. I can´t imagine what they have in store for her character, especially with Geoff Johns as advisor.

Then we have of course Batman who just like Geoff Johns comics will serve absolutely no purpose, in the JL movie because Cyborg will be able to be able to do everything he can do smarter, quicker and more efficiently. Which means Batman will be just reduced to ordering Cyborg around like he´s his personal swiss army knife, telling him how to use his powers.

My count, characters murdered for General Audience before they even have a chance 4/4

Count Ryan Renalds Green Lantern and things get real interesting---

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.