Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Create your own Justice League

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Choose no less than 6 members for your own league and give a brief explanation as to why you chose them

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Saren

Superman, Batman, Zatanna, Flash, Firestorm, Martian Manhunter.

It sets up redundancies in case of emergency, which is what the current League majorly lacks. If Superman's strength isn't available, Martian Manhunter is there to compensate --- not quite as strong, but strong enough, and vice versa if J'onn is taken out and Clark has to step in. Similarly, if the Flash isn't around, Superman has sufficient speed of his own to throw into the mix. Batman is the best strategist, but Martian Manhunter is also a good strategist and can take over when Batman isn't around. Zatanna is the best matter manipulator, but she's a glass cannon and Firestorm can step in if she's taken out. The Flash is fast enough to whisk everyone away to safety, but if he's not around, Zatanna's teleportation is a superior exit option. Tactically, Zatanna, Flash, Firestorm and Martian Manhunter are there because their powers are extremely varied and versatile, and thus lend themselves to applicability in a lot of situations. It doesn't feel like the Justice League to me if Superman and Batman aren't in it.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@saren said:

Superman, Batman, Zatanna, Flash, Firestorm, Martian Manhunter.

It sets up redundancies in case of emergency, which is what the current League majorly lacks. If Superman's strength isn't available, Martian Manhunter is there to compensate --- not quite as strong, but strong enough, and vice versa if J'onn is taken out and Clark has to step in. Similarly, if the Flash isn't around, Superman has sufficient speed of his own to throw into the mix. Batman is the best strategist, but Martian Manhunter is also a good strategist and can take over when Batman isn't around. Zatanna is the best matter manipulator, but she's a glass cannon and Firestorm can step in if she's taken out. The Flash is fast enough to whisk everyone away to safety, but if he's not around, Zatanna's teleportation is a superior exit option. Tactically, Zatanna, Flash, Firestorm and Martian Manhunter are there because their powers are extremely varied and versatile, and thus lend themselves to applicability in a lot of situations. It doesn't feel like the Justice League to me if Superman and Batman aren't in it.

Just a thought, but doesn't the current League have a decent variety for some of the instances you called for? If Superman is taken out, they've got Wonder Woman in terms of strength or Shazam, who can also cover for Flash's speed, and Cyborg's boom tube can work when Flash is out.

Anywho, my personal picks would be:

• Black Adam
    • Manchester Black
    • Element Woman
    • Lex Luthor
    • Red Hood
    • Supergirl

Adam fufils the role of being skilled in the usage and knowledge of magic, Lex brings the tech, and Black makes for a great resident telepath. Element Woman offers expertise with matter, while Red Hood brings the street smarts and willingness to cross the line if need be. Add in Supergirl for the strength and speed she offers, along with general durability and versatility, and I say this makes for a fun team.

On the entertainment side, I also think this is a team I'd enjoy reading about. Element Woman and Red Hood could have some fun banter, and seeing Black, Lex, and Adam butt heads over leadership could make for some good scenes. Also seeing how Supergirl and Adam influence each other in the use of their powers would be cool to see. Maybe even a potential romance between Supergirl and Red Hood?

daviddv0601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Here are my six members that I would choose for the Justice League:

1. Batman - Being only human, Batman has taken on many over-powered beings such as Superman, Darkseid and many more. He is intelligent and would make a great leader for my Justice League. He may be anti-social, but with his abilities to outsmart his enemies, he could easily lead the Justice League to victory.

2. Cyborg - This half man-half machine has a lot of resources in his technology body. He would make a great member for the team. He could hack into advanced systems from other worlds and can manipulate and communicate with machines that are impossible to control. He is also smart and would be a great dedicated member of the team.

3. Flash - The Flash is and has always been the heart and soul of the team. He could keep the team together and he is extremely fast. He could disarm enemies' weapons and is fast enough to outrun and bullet. Heck, he is even faster than the speed of light. He is also smart. Flash is a great and worthy member for the team.

4. Wonder Woman - She is a god-like warrior and has been an experienced fighter. She is tough and has taken on many beasts that are out of her league, especially Cheetah and Ares, the God of War. She is confident and a worthy member of the team.

5. Aquaman - He is strong and a great leader of the oceans. He could call out for giant sea monsters to take on many deadly enemies. Many sea monsters such as the Kraken, Megalodon and many more sea monsters. He could even call out for an army of sea creatures to take on the enemy. He would make a great and worthy member for the team.

6. Green Arrow - He has skills and many great resources in his arrows. He can aim pretty good and is a pretty cool member of the team. He has some charisma and likes to be annoying sometime. Still, with his aiming skills, Green Arrow would make a great member of the team.

Well these are the members that I would be happy with in the Justice League!

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MasterOfEvil

Superboy-Prime - He is currently stuck on the Source Wall and can very well return due to the wall being immune to reboots. Chosen cuz he's Superboy-Prime goddammit.

Professor Zoom (New 52) - Chosen because Prime saw he was involved in Flashpoint and plans to use him to make it happen again. Zoom agrees to get back at the Flash and be the only Speedster.

Kyle Rayner (Parallax) - Zoom and Prime find the entity after Hal Jordan blew up Warworld. They locate Kyle and merge them because it worked in the old universe. Parallax sticks with them because now can create a new world along with them.

Monarch (???) - The gang ends finding a Monarch who survive Convergence but he has trouble remembering who he was before then. He's recruited for his dimensional powers and because Prime knows he's a heavy hitter. Agrees so he be the God of multiple universes.

Dark Angel (Earth 7) - the former right hand of the Anti-monitor, she joins to make sure that the universe resets with her as the only Donna Troy in the Multiverse. Recruited for her time powers.

Batman Who Laughs - Joins because the entire team is full of lunatics and he plans to trick them into destroying everything. Prime wants to use his tactical mine

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterofevil: ...Screams more Injustice, than Justice League. With all these powerhouses though, a Batman seems pretty out of place. I would have seen this team looking for someone in the league of Firestorm or even Aquaman One Million--a heavy-hitting elemental.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos- Because he can't die and is a boss and when someone needs to be killed he'll find a way to do it.

Sinestro- Because he's smart and can give the league rings if necessary

Black Adam- Because he's incredibly powerful and looks out for the interests of humanity

The Illusive Man (Mass Effect)- He had pretty much unlimited resources which will definitely come in handy

James Heller- Because of his regeneration factor he'd definitely be an asset, and if need be he could absorb the team in times of Crisis

Marethyu (The secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel)- He can create a dimension for a head quarters, has the ability to control all elements and time so he isn't useless in a fight and because he knows pretty much everything he will be the perfect planner

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: you're not wrong. My concept is that this group would be major players in the next Crisis event and have members who have something to do with previous multiverse ending events. Superboy-Prime would be the one calling them the Justice League, but no one else would.

And I stand by my choice of an evil Bruce Wayne from the future! Imagine what Batman could do with future tech and a super brain!

As for new members, I was considering Sea King from Forever Evil and maybe a form of Imperiex. Considering what's coming for Rebirth, the fact that they're heavy hitters may not matter.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterofevil: But would he be evil if he's a clone of Bruce Wayne? Now, a Lex Luthor clone...

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@scouterv: I was revamping a wildly forgettable character. The series wasn't that good but it had potential. To my knowledge, Luthor Batman doesn't exist

Timewalker52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are so many different ways I could go about this but I'll probably have to blend power and stealth along with the best possibilities for stories. Of course Batman because Batman. We'd also have Martian Manhunter because he's incredibly powerful but also he's got incredible stealth possibilities ADHD could offer those Superman like stories without seeming old and drawn out like many Superman stories do these days. Then plastic man, not just because of his obvious stealth capabilities but also because he's something like the the third or fourth most powerful DC hero and all that underestimation can make a good story. Victor Sage as question to do the black ops stuff then he'd due and get replaced by Renee Montoya question for the story possibilities the atom (a new atom after Ray Palmer retired) so we could get some good stories from that and he's got good power and stealth capabilities. Finally Gypsy. She's good at stealth do the black ops stuff with question but I'd probably give her some more character development and ret con some stuff. Maybe make her bi or Muslim if she isn't already. I can probably do that because she isn't too popular ask things considered. Then it'd be interesting to discover the story possibilities of a Muslim bisexual woman becoming the face of safety in America which is something I always wished the Kamalha Kahn books would explore

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

• Batman
    • Superman
    • Wonder Woman
    • Wally West
    • Zatanna
    • Cyborg
    • Aquaman
    • Billy Batson
    • Green Arrow
    • Black Canary
    • Vibe
    • Kimiyo Hoshi

Honorable Members:

• Gypsy
    • Starfire
    • Nightwing
    • Donna Troy
    kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Superman
    2. Wonder Woman
    3. Batman
    4. Aquaman
    5. Martian Manhunter
    6. Wally West
    7. Kyle Rayner
    8. Green Arrow
    9. Black Canary
    10. Hawkman and Hawkgirl
    11. Firestorm
    12. Zatanna
    Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jonez_

For a classic league? One that I'd love to see would be:

1. Superman
    2. Batman
    3. Wonder Woman
    4. Hal Jordan
    5. Barry Allen
    6. Aquaman
    7. Martian Manhunter
    8. Plastic Man
    9. Nightwing
    10. Shazam

I like my league a little on the big side.

tonezbalonez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

1. Batman
    2. Green Arrow
    3. Black Canary
    4. Harley Quinn
    5. The Flash
    6. Star Sapphire
    7. Zatanna
    8. Hawkgirl
    9. Martian Manhunter
    10. Aquaman
    11. Firestorm
    12. Cyborg

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always thought it would be cool to have one huge justice league with sub teams that somewhat resemble the original team of 7, with some differences. All of the teams ultimately being part of the same Justice league.

Team 1

Originals

Superman

Wonder Woman

Batman

Flash Barry Allen

Green Lantern Hal and John rotating

Aquaman

Martian Manhunter

Team 2

JSA/ Earth 2

Val Zod

Powergirl

Mr Terrific

Flash Jay Garrick

Alan Scott

Hawkman

Dr Fate

Team 3

Next Gen

Captain Marvel/Shazam

Supergirl

Cyborg

Wally West Flash(pre flashpoint)

Firestorm

Hawkgirl

Icon

Team 4

Titans/young Justice inspired

Superboy (pre flashpoint)

Donna Troy

Nightwing

Bart Allen

Starfire

Aqualad

Miss Martian

Team 5

Miscellaneous

Black Canary

Green Arrow

Zatanna

Blue Beetle

Black lightning

Vixen

Revan

NeoTitanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. John Stewart GL - Leader

2. Firestorm

3. Shazam

4. Power Girl

5. Ray Palmer

6. Martian Manhunter

7. Flash (Barry)

greenarrow5476

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1.) Flash(Wally West)

2.) Barry Allen

2.) Green Arrow

3.) Firestorm

4.) Black Canary

5.) Wonder Woman

6.) Green lantern (Hal Jordan)

FLASHISTHEBEST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barry Allen: The Flash

No Caption Provided

The Fastest Man Alive, Barry Allen uses his super speed to avenge the death of his mother, in a bid to stop all crime and ensure the safety of others. He fights against his nemesis Professor Zoom, the man who killed his mother, on a daily basis. However, he decides to limit himself from unlocking his true potential, as he fears that he may be pulled back into the speedforce.

Ronnie Raymond and Jason Rusch: Firestorm Fury

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

When the Matrix in Jason Rusch and Ronnie Raymond became unstable and exploded, the fused to become Firestorm Fury. However, they try not to fuse, as they would wreck havoc across the world. So they stay as two separate Firestorms. But when there is a crisis happening, they fuse to become Firestorm Fury.

Jean-Paul Valley Jr: Azrael

No Caption Provided

The mantle of Azrael was passed down hereditary lines in the Order of St. Dumas for hundreds of years until the their final Azrael, Jean-Paul Valley Jr destroyed that faction of the order. This Orders' Azrael's wore suits of armor that resembled St. Dumas', and brandished flaming swords. Originally, he was intended to be part of a program for Police Officers in Gotham City to create replacement heroes for Batman should anything ever happen to him. This treatment drove him insane, and he now bears the Suit of Sorrows and acts as an agent of the Sacred Order.

Oliver Queen: Green Arrow

No Caption Provided

Oliver Queen is a happy-go-lucky billionaire all the time, and a happy-go-lucky archer most of the time. He uses his arrows to protect Star City, but after being approached by Ronnie Raymond and Barry Allen, he agreed to join the new Justice League. He uses his wit, courage and arrows to outsmart his enemies and defeat them with ease.

No Caption Provided

Zatanna Zatara: Zatanna

No Caption Provided

Zatanna is a direct descendant of the artist and magician Leonardo da Vinci. She discovered her powers while investigating the disappearance of her father. She went on a quest, with the aid of Green Lantern, Hawkman, Atom and Elongated Man. She eventually located her father in the world of Kharma. She was forced to stay away from her due to a spell from the evil sorceress Allura. After being trained by other magical beings such as Constantine and Doctor Fate, she finally mastered her powers and became a feared magician in the universe.

Blue Beetle: Jaime Reyes

No Caption Provided

After the death of his mentor and previous Blue Beetle, Ted Kord, Jaime Reyes took up the mantle of Blue Beetle when the Scarab was bonded to his spine. Now trying to mix his superhero life with his school life, Jaime joined the Justice League so that he could fight crime as Blue Beetle, but be mentored about his school work by The Flash and Firestorm.

Nightwing: Dick Grayson

No Caption Provided

When Blüdhaven was overrun by metahumans and gangster mobs, Nightwing was forced to leave and return to Gotham. He aided Red Robin, Red Hood and Robin in fighting crime, but realized that they had it covered without him. However, he did not agree with their methods about killing all criminals and left over a dispute with Red Robin. He was met by Oliver, who asked him if he wanted to join a new league. He was skeptical at first, but reluctantly agreed to join after Oliver kept annoying him and begging.

Doctor Fate: Kent Nelson

No Caption Provided

The greatest sorcerer of all time, Kent Nelson wears the Helmet of Fate, The Amulet Of Anubis and The Cloak Of Destiny. With these magical artifacts, he has immense magical powers, such as telekinesis, mystical senses, super strength, super speed, invulnerability and immortality with the helm on. He wanted to use his powers to help people, so decided to join the Justice League. He helps Zatanna master her powers, while Zatanna also teaches him new tricks.

White Lantern: Kyle Rayner

No Caption Provided

After gaining all the lantern rings, Kyle Rayner went from being a Green Lantern, to the most powerful being in the universe. He has the ability to manipulate time, energy, matter and reality. He is a skilled combatant, as he was trained by Batman in martial arts. He has hope in anyone no matter what, boundless rage, ever growing compassion, greed, love, an intimidating demeanor and infinite will.

Flash/Firestorm/White Lantern: Powerhouses

Green Arrow/Blue Beetle: Banter

Nightwing: Tactical advisor/Leader

Doctor Fate/Zatanna: Surprise Factor/ Magical Masters

Azrael: Assassin

Astropunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyborg,Jessica Cruz,Doctor Light,Doctor Mist, Vibe,Mister Terrific.

Because i don't want an all-white club.

coffeeprince29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By coffeeprince29

Dr. Fate (Zatana in control)

Supergirl red lantern

Martian Manhunter

Barry Allen

Black Beetle (Batman)

Lobo

mightymacc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carol Ferris ( Counter of Wonder Woman)

The Atom (Counter of Batman)

Big Barda (Counter of Superman)

Killer Frost (Counter of Flash)

Shazam (Counter of Aqua Man)

Vibe (Counter of Cyborg)

Marxtles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Marxtles

My choice for a lineup would include;

Superman

Batman

Wonder Womam

Aquaman

the Flash (Barry)

Green Lantern (Hal)

Cyborg

Martian Manhunter

Shazam

Green Lantern (John)

Hawkgirl (Kendra)

Black Canary

Vixen

Mera

the Atom (Ryan)

My choices include the core seven from all continuities, power, leadership, tactical, science and magic acumen and a diverse character base.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.