Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Could Spawn Be On Justice League or Justice League Dark?

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Captain13

What if Todd MacFarlane's estate decided to sell Spawn to DC after his death?. Could you see Al Simmons in the DC universe? And could you see him join one of the Justice Leagues--maybe even the Justice League?

No Caption Provided

Why or why not?

While he is a dark character, I could totally see him DC-fied with all of the stuff going on with Pandora, the Phantom Stranger, etc. And Marvel owns Angela now...

No Caption Provided

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Well there is supposed to be a "big" surprise in trinity war so who knows

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

nah, from what ive read, he seems WAAAAAAY to f%%ked in the head and anti-social. maybe JLDARK.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@captain13: Al Simmons hasn't been Spawn in a long time

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

He'd be a nice addition to Shadowpact or JLD and I can see him frequently team up with Batman. (Gotham would be the best place for him to live)

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

seems like a better fit for Marvel. His character doesn't mesh with the DC universe imo.

Also Batman seems to have the dark brooding shadowy figure on indefinite lock in DC. I don't see any room for sharing.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Captain13

@sunman: how many superman characters are there? lol spawn is extremely powerful like other dc characters and he fits with characters like constantine, zatanna, and swampthing imo

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@sunman: how many superman characters are there? lol spawn is extremely powerful like other dc characters and he fits with characters like constantine, zatanna, and swampthing imo

I personally don't see it. He is a fundamentally different character in large part due to his origins and how he functions I don't really see the connection to Zatanna or Constantine. They are both magic I guess. Looking at both characters and their adventures really feels like they were made from different worlds.

A Swamp Thing vs Spawn fight would be interesting I guess, but to truly integrate Spawn into the DC Universe you'd either have to change his character subtantially or alter the DC Universe.

I think he is just a stronger character staying at Image or maybe marvel if they don't nerf him or job him out which they will as the big 2 constantly do with orphan characters. That being said McFarlane's kind of lost his way with Spawn. He started off well but feels like he lost his direciton in the last 10 years or so, which is not uncommon and happens to a lot of creators who strike gold

The tones of Marvel and DC are opposite. The fundamental difference is in the way the Marvel Universe and the DC Universe are oriented. By there very nature, the DCU has a more optimistic outlook on the world, and the Marvel U has a more pessimistic outlook. This doesn't mean that bad things don't happen in the DCU and good things don't happen in the Marvel U, but outside of Batman over the last 20 years DC is far more optimistic. And imo even Batman ultimately has optimistic overtones. Despite how bleak his stories can be sometime even the movies the best stories always end in a positive light with some hope. Look at the Batman movies.

apologies for being long winded

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.