Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3324 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Clevver Movies says Superman and Batman will not be in JLA Movie

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Edited By sora_thekey
    First off let me just say that the word "probably" did not fit into the title so it should have been: Superman and Batman will probably not be in JLA Movie says Clevver Movies 
    No Caption Provided
    We all know that with the huge impact that Marvel's Avengers movie crossover is making. Which means that DC is looking a bit slow with the movie front.

So apparently we all know that a JLA movie is going to be done someday, but who will be in the roster?
    According to the video below by Clevver Movies the JLA movie will have Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter

"Missing from the list are two of the biggest hitters of the comic universe; Superman and Batman. Although they have not been officially ruled out. if Warner brothers goes ahead with the movie without Superman and Batman that decision could be based on financial issues." 

Does this mean that Supes and the Bat are too big for the big screen with the rest of the DC Universe super heroes?
    What do you say? With or without the Man of Steel and the Gotham Knight?

Source: Clevver Movies
    -- Geo (sora_thekey) 2 year user, blogger, wiki editor of Comic Vine, and all time geek!
    Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

I don't think the movie would work without Superman and Batman...they're pretty much the keystones of the League.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Magian

Not the best idea if they finally do that. It wouldn't work without them and they can bring so much attention to this movie.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Bestostero

I'm perfectly fine with that, while they are part of the big three and are major players of Justice League, they're not the only ones fans respond to!

Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Flash, and Martian Manhunter can hold their own.  Though personally I would much rather see Black Canary/Hawkman/Black Lightning/Vixen/Doctor Light in place of Aquaman.  If the story is good enough, Batman and Superman not present will be ok.  Regardless, I would much prefer Superman and Batman be included, but I wouldn't be too upset if they weren't.

JCJQLB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By JCJQLB

I think the movie wouldn't have success!

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Calvin

I wouldn't worry about it. It's just one more DC movie that won't come out!!!!

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Gambit1024

Without Superman and Batman, the JLA movie will fail.  

That's like having an Avengers movie without Captain America and Iron Man. 

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Primmaster64

WHAT?!!! THE MOST IMPORTANT MEMBERS??!!

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sora_thekey
    @Calvin said:
    " I wouldn't worry about it. It's just one more DC movie that won't come out!!!! "
    Pessimist! :P

What everybody fails to see is that maybe this might be good for the rest of the characters... If Superman and Batman were to be in the movie the rest of the characters might be overshadowed in the movie...
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Magian
    @sora_thekey said:
    " @Calvin said:
    " I wouldn't worry about it. It's just one more DC movie that won't come out!!!! "
    Pessimist! :P  What everybody fails to see is that maybe this might be good for the rest of the characters... If Superman and Batman were to be in the movie the rest of the characters might be overshadowed in the movie... "
    It might but can the rest of them support a movie on their own?
    VIZION2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By VIZION2011
    @Calvin said:

Pessimist! :P

What everybody fails to see is that maybe this might be good for the rest of the characters... If Superman and Batman were to be in the movie the rest of the characters might be overshadowed in the movie...
    That is ture however somthings are better left unchanged, I mean the JLA wont be the JLA without them, thats like peanut butter and no peanuts! Kool aid and no suger! Captain America wearing Canada's colors, it's just NOT RIGHT!!!! lol It like putting the Avengers label on the xmen it wont work. If its not broke then dont fix it.
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#11  Edited By Dracade102

The movie will Bomb without the Bats and Supes. They Virtually MADE the Gosh Darn JLA!!!

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Hunter114

I always wondered what would happen if you put a monkey in charge... 

Superman and Batman are not only two of the JLA's founding members, they are two of DC's biggest characters and probably two of the most well known (and best) superheroes in the world, this is worthy of a rant, but I really can't think of the right words at the moment, rest assured that some of them would have been long and articulate and made my point well, it's just that all I can think of is WTF?!?!?!?! - but you know, really loud and with a deep and meaningful gesture (like a kick in the metaphorical crotch)
    ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ironshadow

That movie won't get made, not without Supes and Bats anyway.

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Calvin
    @sora_thekey said:

" @Calvin said:

Pessimist! :P  What everybody fails to see is that maybe this might be good for the rest of the characters... If Superman and Batman were to be in the movie the rest of the characters might be overshadowed in the movie... "

It's more like a pattern I see in DC, broken promises of epic movies. (Expect Batman!)

As a long time fan, I feel they are suggesting to tell the story about a Team without including founders members.... does that sounds logic to say out loud? 
    Don't get the wrong idea, I love the other characters and they also deserve the limelight.  I do agree they try to focus on another members, there are great plots not focus in Batman and Superman, they could use those but still keep the duo. 

All the usual suspects....
     All the usual suspects....

.... from simpler times...
     .... from simpler times...

... maybe in the second movie we can have John and Wally instead...
    ... maybe in the second movie we can have John and Wally instead...

...but for now tell us how it really started!!!
     ...but for now tell us how it really started!!!
    Avatar image for themilkywaydude
    TheMilkywayDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By TheMilkywayDude

I love Nolans batman movies and i have faith in his superman movie but im going to be livid if nolan desnt let them be in this movie. Without the trinity jla is nothing to me, im also wondering if for aquaman and matian manhunter they will have the same actors as smallville and same canon as smallville?
    ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16  Edited By ComicCrazy

Hmmmmmm I think it is a different idea and it could work but I think the main draw for the audience would be supeman and batman so it is kinda wierd that they would even think of doing this but I don't actually mind the idea at all.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sora_thekey
    @Calvin: How about Guest Appearances? Bat and Supes organizes the team but when the big battle is going on they don't get involved?

@TheMilkywayDude said:
    " I love Nolans batman movies and i have faith in his superman movie but im going to be livid if nolan desnt let them be in this movie. Without the trinity jla is nothing to me, im also wondering if for aquaman and matian manhunter they will have the same actors as smallville and same canon as smallville? "

I don't think it would follow the Smallville Justice League canon at all... Although a black Martian Manhunter would be interesting to see on the big screen!
    Avatar image for themilkywaydude
    TheMilkywayDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By TheMilkywayDude
    @sora_thekey: 

guest apperesnces would be brilliant i would be fine with that and i think that phil morris was a realy good manhunter I mean I havnt read that much martian manhunter but I think he fits the role well, but as long as bats and supes make an apperance somehow even in silhouette at the end mabye ill be happy
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Magian

If they want to showcase, it's fine by me but Batman and Superman should appear even in smaller parts.

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Calvin
    @sora_thekey said:
    " @Calvin: How about Guest Appearances? Bat and Supes organizes the team but when the big battle is going on they don't get involved? "
    That's like... cover a bread with sugar and call it a cake!! - LOL I may overreacting because of a movie, but anyways just a matter of taste, I guess. I'm sure new fans of DC will not take it as hard a me.... =(
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By johnny_spam
    Not real it comes from a website that ran a rumor this is not to be trusted.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sora_thekey
    @johnny spam said:
    " Not real it comes from a website that ran a rumor this is not to be trusted. "
    Did you read the first sentence in this blog post? I am not confirming this will happen (and neither is Clevver Movies BTW!) In fact you are right this is all speculation!
    Nick-SV(ril)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Nick-SV(ril)

Besides the obvious that almost everyone mentioned, Superman and Batman being the key members to the League,  money seems not to be the main issue on that. Just think the constructs GL can bring to the big screen and how much those effects and stuff will cost, or even MM. I would like to believe its a rumor as stated and that if the movie gets a go card, they both appear along with the rest.

Senor Salsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Senor Salsa

Honestly, it would be weird even seeing them in the movie with Batman 3 and the new Superman movie coming out probably right before.  I'm sure Warner Bros wants to keep continuity with the actors playing bats and superman (unless the movies tank), but these stories are in Nolan's universe, not the DC movieverse.

It's a very unfortunate and awkward situation.

blogblaster9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By blogblaster9

I'm just Wonder Woman finally gets to be in a movie

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.