Characters announced for the Justice League movie!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by JakeN7 (12799 posts) - - Show Bio

So it looks like the cast is:

1. Superman
  2. Batman
  3. Wonder Woman
  4. Green Lantern
  5. Flash
  6. Martian Manhunter
  7. Aquaman

The two biggest revelations from this announcement are probably that the Superman from Man of Steel and the Hal Jordan from Green Lantern will be the ones used for the Justice League movie. Personally, I love this idea because I don't want to see any more reboots, and I genuinely liked the Green Lantern movie with Ryan Reynolds (I know, sue me.)

#2 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know...I'm kinda on the fence of them using Cavill...I would like for Superman to have his own epic trilogy without being drag down to a Justice League movie because WB let Marvel beat them to the punch.

#3 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a rumor that has been posted and reposted too many times in this thread already.

And there's no way that Ryan Reynolds corny GL film will mesh well with the Man of Steel World.

#4 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

A mod needs to lock this thread. This has been done.

See:

http://www.comicvine.com/justice-league-of-america/65-31815/justice-league-movie-news/92-739367/#20

http://www.comicvine.com/justice-league-of-america/65-31815/more-exclusive-rumors-from-cosmicbooknews/92-738715/

And I agree with this:

@Superdork said:

Too many characters. Needs more Cyborg. I don't believe any of this--especially the ideas that the Ryan Reynolds GL and Man of Steel Superman are in the same universe and that Flash can exist in a Man of Steel or Dark Knight universe. He just doesn't make sense in terms of origin, powers, or villains in a realistic universe.

This is clearly a rumor article or the movie will be *****. I choose to believe the former.

Warner should take some notes:

All you need is DC's highest selling heroes (Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern) to bring people in. And you need people who will help build the world and increase diversity. Wonder Woman and Cyborg do that. Wonder Woman brings magic to the universe, and Cyborg brings the ridiculously advanced tech.

After Justice League, give everyone solo films, establish Flash as a Superman fan who somehow gets powers. Cameo Martian Manhunter. Give Aquaman and Shazam movies. Have Cyborg recruit new members. Then do a Justice League sequel and more solo films for Hawkman, Booster Gold, etc.

#5 Posted by JakeN7 (12799 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

This is a rumor that has been posted and reposted too many times in this thread already.

And there's no way that Ryan Reynolds corny GL film will mesh well with the Man of Steel World.

You mean in this forum? I have only heard about it through this video which was posted 3 days ago. I couldn't find any threads created about it in the first couple pages of the Justice League or General Discussion forums, and Comicvine staff haven't made an article about it...

#6 Edited by JakeN7 (12799 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

A mod needs to lock this thread. This has been done.

See:

http://www.comicvine.com/justice-league-of-america/65-31815/justice-league-movie-news/92-739367/#20

http://www.comicvine.com/justice-league-of-america/65-31815/more-exclusive-rumors-from-cosmicbooknews/92-738715/

And I agree with this:

@Superdork said:

Too many characters. Needs more Cyborg. I don't believe any of this--especially the ideas that the Ryan Reynolds GL and Man of Steel Superman are in the same universe and that Flash can exist in a Man of Steel or Dark Knight universe. He just doesn't make sense in terms of origin, powers, or villains in a realistic universe.

This is clearly a rumor article or the movie will be *****. I choose to believe the former.

Warner should take some notes:

All you need is DC's highest selling heroes (Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern) to bring people in. And you need people who will help build the world and increase diversity. Wonder Woman and Cyborg do that. Wonder Woman brings magic to the universe, and Cyborg brings the ridiculously advanced tech.

After Justice League, give everyone solo films, establish Flash as a Superman fan who somehow gets powers. Cameo Martian Manhunter. Give Aquaman and Shazam movies. Have Cyborg recruit new members. Then do a Justice League sequel and more solo films for Hawkman, Booster Gold, etc.

Alright fine whatever >;P

Dupe thread Nazi...lol

#7 Posted by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

sick! can't wait for this movie to be released!!

#8 Posted by Black_Claw (3042 posts) - - Show Bio

Rumors dude. Rumors.

#9 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

How is this official?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.