Bruce Timm Justice League Respect Thread

#1 Posted by Captain13 (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Timm's Justice League is my all time favorite of any iteration--ever. I've read silver age stories, read the Grant Morrison Run, watched The Batman, and seen the the Justice League animated movies, but IMO nothing compares to Bruce Timm's version. Even if we ignore Timm's beautiful, classy, unique art deco sensibilities and focus simply on just the character line-up and the stories told, I firmly believe his version was the best. It had a solid mythos stretching from Jason Blood's Medieval tales to the Legion of Superheroes in the 31st century. The team always had gender and racial diversity that was never used in an off-putting way. The characters were compelling and left a mark on the public consciousness for years to come. Black Green Lantern? Funny Flash? These are all things that people associate with the Justice League, but that the DCU doesn't incoporate (as well). For these reasons and many more, Bruce Timm's Justice League will always be top dog IMO. 

RESPECT 
#2 Posted by Captain13 (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13158 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah the diniverse was spectacular not perfect but pretty darn close.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.