Armie Hammer Rumored For Batman Role in Justice League

#1 Edited by Captain13 (3260 posts) - - Show Bio

Armie Hammer of Lone Ranger and Social Network fame is rumored to be in talks for the Batman role in WB's unanounced Justice League film. It's worth mentioning that he was cast as Batman in George Miller's canned Justice League: Mortal project. With a strong jaw and 6'4" height, Hammer could be an inexpensive casting choice for what is sure to be a multi-hundred-million dollar film. He's about the same age as Henry Cavill, so the two of them could age well together as the Justice League franchise churns out films.

Hopefully fans do not overreact. Chris Evan, Hugh Jackman, and Scarlet Johanssen have all done well in roles fans couldn't see them in. And having a lesser known actor is not only good for the budget of the film, it's also good for the character the actor will portray. Chris Hemsworth IS Thor just as much as Christopher Reeves IS Superman.

Source: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/09/rumour-armie-hammer-back-on-wbs-radar-for-justice-league-batman/

#2 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

He would be a strong choice to stand next to Cavill.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32674 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats his skills like? I'v not seen him in anything

#4 Posted by Dhor (282 posts) - - Show Bio

i don`t like the choise. he seems too cherfull to play Batman. I think Luke Evans looks perfect for the role if we could pull off a american accent

#5 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that he fits well the Bruce Wayne persona.

#6 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

He was great in the Social Network and J. Edgar. He won a screen actor's guild award for his role in J. Edgar.

#7 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

People said Chris Evans would be too cocky for Captain America and that Hugh Jackman would be too musical/handsome for Wolverine. How did those turn out?

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32674 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

He was great in the Social Network and J. Edgar. He won a screen actor's guild award for his role in J. Edgar.

Hay not bad, he's got a good voice for it.

#9 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to be the generic cynical comic fan, but he looks like a little boy

#10 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

I don't see that. He's 6'5" 220 pounds. He looks like he could **** someone up. And his voice is the most similar to Kevin Conroy's of any live action actor so far. Plus he'll be wearing a mask even though he looks like a billionaire playboy.

#11 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

He has a fantastic physique, I think it could work.

#12 Posted by Mercy_ (92503 posts) - - Show Bio

I umm....hrrrrm.. Not sure how I feel about that.

#13 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superdork said:

@TDK_1997 said:

People said Chris Evans would be too cocky for Captain America and that Hugh Jackman would be too musical/handsome for Wolverine. How did those turn out?

I don't think that he would be such a good pick.All though I would really want to see how he would play Batman.

#14 Posted by CrimsonCake (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

@Superdork said:

@TDK_1997 said:

I don't think that he would be such a good pick.All though I would really want to see how he would play Batman.

From what I've in this picture:

Armie Hammer as Batman

I think he can pull it off :P

#15 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks like he'd be a great Batman. I'm for it.

#16 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmm... not sure...

#17 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks like Capullo's depiction of Bruce Wayne... works for me.

Bat Family
#18 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

@KnightRise said:

I don't see that. He's 6'5" 220 pounds. He looks like he could **** someone up. And his voice is the most similar to Kevin Conroy's of any live action actor so far. Plus he'll be wearing a mask even though he looks like a billionaire playboy.

Foot in my mouth, then. He looks like he has a baby face in that OP picture, but I had no idea he was big. I've never seen him before

#19 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5874 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade: lol he does and why did he draw dick and tim so short

#20 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@ULTRAstarkiller said:

@OutlawRenegade: lol he does and why did he draw dick and tim so short

I truly have no idea. Maybe because Dick is a gymnast and Tim is an acrobat? Gymnasts acrobats are usually short, but Dick is supposed to be 5'10" and Tim is supposed to be 5'8" or 5'9"...

#21 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2611 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, at least he'll get SOME experience with Lone Ranger so I'm indifferent.

#22 Edited by Galactic_Man (158 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess DC is doing what Marvel should have done with Iron Man - pick young actors to play such an iconic character... Hey, at least Chris Hemsworth did it!

#23 Posted by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

Now for the rest of the cast:

Bridget Regan as Wonder Woman

Ryan Gosling or Chris Pine as Flash

Mehcad Brooks or Chadwick Boseman as Green Lantern

Doug Jones or Andy Circus as the Martian Manhunter

#24 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

To tall

#25 Posted by handsome_stud (272 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dhor said:

i don`t like the choise. he seems too cherfull to play Batman. I think Luke Evans looks perfect for the role if we could pull off a american accent

Cheerful? He's an actor, man.... Obviously he would adjust to the role

#26 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him.

#27 Posted by OmegaTheDestroyer (1009 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be weird to have Batman look more imposing then Superman.

I'd prefer Armie as Aquaman anyways

#28 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

dye his hair and maybe

#29 Edited by KZR (487 posts) - - Show Bio

God NO! I just think it wouldn't work. To me I do't see Bruce Wayne. Let alone Batman. Can you really imagine him doing the gruff voice? Can you? Really be honest. Cause I can't and wouldn't want to.

#30 Posted by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

@KZR said:

God NO! I just think it wouldn't work. To me I do't see Bruce Wayne. Let alone Batman. Can you really imagine him doing the gruff voice? Can you? Really be honest. Cause I can't and wouldn't want to.

Check out those videos earlier in this thread. They sold me on his voice.

@OmegaTheDestroyer said:

I think it would be weird to have Batman look more imposing then Superman.

I'd prefer Armie as Aquaman anyways

... Why would it be weird to have a superhero who is literally DESIGNED TO STRIKE FEAR IN THOSE WHO SEE HIM, be more imposing than a guy designed to inspire hope?

On topic, I'll wait until some footage comes to light about him as Batman before judging.

#31 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

He looks like he'd be a great Batman. I'm for it.

#32 Posted by Freddy_F_Freeman (47 posts) - - Show Bio

as far as looks ive got no issue with armie playing bruce i just hope he gets the acting right,i think the most difficult cast will be wonder woman, a 6 foot beautiful built woman? i dont know any off the top of my head itll be interesting to see though

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.