Are Green Lantern and Man of Steel in a shared universe?

#1 Edited by Tyrus (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been reading everywhere that Man of Steel is supposed to link up separate characters to create a JLA film - but then some are saying that it's not (I hope the film is, as I don't want to see another Superman reboot in 2015 and it's unfair to Henry Cavill)... Can someone confirm? Also, apparently Green Lantern is supposed to be in a shared universe as reports are going on saying that Ryan Reynolds is attached to a JLA film (I certainly hope this film is linked to a universe as well even though the movie sucked, but like some other people I'm willing to give Ryan Reynolds a chance, as it was the scripts fault) - Most of what I've heard is that DC won't be releasing any more films for 3 years (besides Superman)... I guess they're going undercover to contain any leaks, I'm hoping they don't use a Justice League film to introduce the characters - as they won't have enough time to explore they're back stories... BUT, they could release solo films after as prequels to the Justice League film - it would be smart, because you can't explain Wonder Woman's full origin in a team ensemble... but if I hear that Superman or Green Lantern are among reboots for later in the decade... Well, DC can suck it while Marvel just rules over them.

#2 Edited by CrimsonCake (2683 posts) - - Show Bio

Most likely not,They'll either reboot Green Lantern,Recast Green lantern in the Justice league movie,or put John Stuart in the JL film instead.

Edit:Or Kyle Rayner if they can explain their origins without it taking up to much screen time.

#3 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tyrus: @CrimsonCake: Most likely they will ignore several elements of Green Lantern. They might still get Ryan Reynolds back, but its not confirmed.

One thing is for sure, they are using Hal Jordan. Its obvious. Its impossible to explain Kyle Rayner's origins without bringing in Hal and John Stewart likewise.

Hal Jordan is also the most well known GL, now with the movie, 5 DTV, an animated series, plus comic sales for GL franchise have gone up since Hal Jordan. So yeah, no guy or john. Cyborg is already there to represent the minority.

#4 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@Tyrus: @CrimsonCake: Most likely they will ignore several elements of Green Lantern. They might still get Ryan Reynolds back, but its not confirmed.

One thing is for sure, they are using Hal Jordan. Its obvious. Its impossible to explain Kyle Rayner's origins without bringing in Hal and John Stewart likewise.

Hal Jordan is also the most well known GL, now with the movie, 5 DTV, an animated series, plus comic sales for GL franchise have gone up since Hal Jordan. So yeah, no guy or john. Cyborg is already there to represent the minority.

it WAS john stewert was the most well known green laturn because of the TAS.

#5 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

@sethysquare said:

it WAS john stewert was the most well known green laturn because of the TAS.

was. but not anymore. hal had all the media appearances since 2008. That included 3 justice league dtv movies, 2 green lantern dtv movies, 1 green lantern live action movies, accompanying toys, video games tie in, other video games like MK vs DC, upcoming Justice League Earth's final defence, DCUO, probably injustice and a current animated series focusing on hal jordan.

Its a waste of money for all the marketing and publicity of Hal Jordan to go down the drain if they swap him out last minute with John Stewart who has not had a prominent media appearance in years. Thats just the way it is.

#6 Posted by sinestro_GL (3323 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's wait for 2013 to come first before we hypothesize any further...by that time, the picture should be a bit more clear.

#7 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_GL said:

Let's wait for 2013 to come first before we hypothesize any further...by that time, the picture should be a bit more clear.

Yeah, like people are going to wait a year.

#8 Posted by sinestro_GL (3323 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

@sinestro_GL said:

I know...but the topic is a pretty niche topic to be talking about at this point.

#9 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_GL said:

@AweSam said:

@sinestro_GL said:

I know...but the topic is a pretty niche topic to be talking about at this point.

Welcome to the internet.

#10 Posted by sinestro_GL (3323 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

@sinestro_GL said:

@AweSam said:

@sinestro_GL said:

Welcome to the internet.

Nok

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.