Aquaman getting his own animated movie

#1 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

Though they’re still figuring out what to do on the big screen, DC has been killing it on the animated movie front for years with some very solid superhero flicks. For the latest, you'd better hold your breath (literally).

With the Flash most recently getting the spotlight in the solid pic Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, based on the Flashpoint comic arc, DC Comics Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns has now revealed that Aquaman will be getting his very own adventure sometime soon.

[Johns] revealed the development via Twitter, in response to a fan wondering when the king of Atlantis would get his own movie. Sure, he played a (murderous, bloodthirsty) role in The Flashpoint Paradox, but it's high time we get a true Aquaman flick.

The character has had a comic renaissance as of late, finally proving you can tell some pretty awesome stories with DC’s typical whipping-boy hero.

So, now that we know an Aquaman animated film is coming, which story arc do you want them to base it on?

http://www.blastr.com/2013-8-13/another-justice-league-member-getting-his-own-animated-movie

#2 Posted by Al_capOWN (530 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup

#3 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

Could the rumored Justice League: Invasion really be based on Throne of Atlantis?

#4 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like a solo Aquaman movie before they tried to tackle Throne of Atlantis. Established the kingdom and it's enemies and then show the invading conflict.

#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12583 posts) - - Show Bio

sweet. he deserves it.

#6 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like a solo Aquaman movie before they tried to tackle Throne of Atlantis. Established the kingdom and it's enemies and then show the invading conflict.

The Justice League episode: Enemy Below is basically the same story and needed no build up. Who'se to say Aquaman will get more than one movie when Wonder Woman and Flash haven't?

Also, after the Aquaman film, 6/7 founders will have headlined a film.

#7 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake: Yes, but what I was saying is why would you expect Aquaman to get two movies when Wonder Woman and Flash--bigger characters--have only had one each?

#9 Posted by ViperKing (422 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for this animated movie to come out. It has taken them quite a bit of time to finally announce this. I would rather see Aquaman take a solo movie like Wonder Woman rather than a shared movie with the Justice League. The reason is because it needs to establish that Aquaman is a perfectly capable individual on his own, that doesn't need the Justice League. I would like to see either Black Manta and/or Ocean Master be the main villain(s) too. This could potentially set a path for a live-action solo film in the next ten years.

#10 Posted by jwalser3 (4798 posts) - - Show Bio

YES

#11 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@outlawrenegade: Well I suppose I don't really count Throne of Atlantis as an Aquaman movie. It's a Justice League movie that would star Aquaman. Same as Flashpoint isn't a Flash story, it just stars him.

#12 Posted by Black_Manta (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I better be in it.

#13 Posted by Black_Claw (2915 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait. Though I'm wondering who they'll get to voice him. John DiMaggio anyone?

#14 Posted by RedLantern23 (884 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm stoked for this

#15 Posted by Justthatkid (3010 posts) - - Show Bio

Imagine a Martian Manhunter movie that had flashbacks or showed the battle between the white and green Martians yes he needs a film after Aquaman :O probably won't happen to support DC's new 7 :/

#16 Posted by Justthatkid (3010 posts) - - Show Bio

@outlawrenegade: Well I suppose I don't really count Throne of Atlantis as an Aquaman movie. It's a Justice League movie that would star Aquaman. Same as Flashpoint isn't a Flash story, it just stars him.

Agreed I don't see why people consider the Flashpoint movie a Flash movie they most likely made that for him out of fear of giving him a solo act, Throne of Atlantis would be the same thing but with Aquaman there both great stories though but we could all be wrong about Throne of Atlantis and they could end up doing The Trench or The Other's.

#17 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8423 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes AQ deserve this!!!

#18 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1818 posts) - - Show Bio

THE TRENCH storyline, Sub Diego, Death of Aquababy (controversial I know), Throne of Atlantis, or the current DEAD KING storyline... all very good, potential film feature animated movies.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.