Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Aquaman getting his own animated movie

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OutlawRenegade

Though they’re still figuring out what to do on the big screen, DC has been killing it on the animated movie front for years with some very solid superhero flicks. For the latest, you'd better hold your breath (literally).

With the Flash most recently getting the spotlight in the solid pic Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, based on the Flashpoint comic arc, DC Comics Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns has now revealed that Aquaman will be getting his very own adventure sometime soon.

[Johns] revealed the development via Twitter, in response to a fan wondering when the king of Atlantis would get his own movie. Sure, he played a (murderous, bloodthirsty) role in The Flashpoint Paradox, but it's high time we get a true Aquaman flick.

The character has had a comic renaissance as of late, finally proving you can tell some pretty awesome stories with DC’s typical whipping-boy hero.

So, now that we know an Aquaman animated film is coming, which story arc do you want them to base it on?

http://www.blastr.com/2013-8-13/another-justice-league-member-getting-his-own-animated-movie

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yup

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OutlawRenegade

Could the rumored Justice League: Invasion really be based on Throne of Atlantis?

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like a solo Aquaman movie before they tried to tackle Throne of Atlantis. Established the kingdom and it's enemies and then show the invading conflict.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

sweet. he deserves it.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like a solo Aquaman movie before they tried to tackle Throne of Atlantis. Established the kingdom and it's enemies and then show the invading conflict.

The Justice League episode: Enemy Below is basically the same story and needed no build up. Who'se to say Aquaman will get more than one movie when Wonder Woman and Flash haven't?

Also, after the Aquaman film, 6/7 founders will have headlined a film.

spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@spinningbirdcake: Yes, but what I was saying is why would you expect Aquaman to get two movies when Wonder Woman and Flash--bigger characters--have only had one each?

ViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I can't wait for this animated movie to come out. It has taken them quite a bit of time to finally announce this. I would rather see Aquaman take a solo movie like Wonder Woman rather than a shared movie with the Justice League. The reason is because it needs to establish that Aquaman is a perfectly capable individual on his own, that doesn't need the Justice League. I would like to see either Black Manta and/or Ocean Master be the main villain(s) too. This could potentially set a path for a live-action solo film in the next ten years.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

YES

spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outlawrenegade: Well I suppose I don't really count Throne of Atlantis as an Aquaman movie. It's a Justice League movie that would star Aquaman. Same as Flashpoint isn't a Flash story, it just stars him.

Black_Manta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I better be in it.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Can't wait. Though I'm wondering who they'll get to voice him. John DiMaggio anyone?

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm stoked for this

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
    deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yes AQ deserve this!!!

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THE TRENCH storyline, Sub Diego, Death of Aquababy (controversial I know), Throne of Atlantis, or the current DEAD KING storyline... all very good, potential film feature animated movies.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.