Anyone else loving the Captain Marvel backups?

#1 Posted by Metron144 (101 posts) - - Show Bio

I know he's called "shazam" now, but I'll always call him capt. marvel. I'm loving how batson is no longer a squeeky clean kid. He has a good heart, but he's more realistic for an orphan. The way Adam is handled so far makes him seem like a real threat. I'm hoping they eventually go the full issue format because it kind of sucks just getting a few pages each month. Anyone else really liking where Johns is taking things?

#2 Posted by Icarusflies (12246 posts) - - Show Bio

That's kinda the problem...I do like the backup okay (though I really liked Billy as squeaky-clean and miss that about the Marvel family), but I'm not willing to pay $4 for a series I don't want the main feature of.

#3 Posted by Metron144 (101 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies: Is JSA THAT bad right now? It's not as interesting as earth 2 or aquaman, but it's decent IMO. I think it's about to pick up though.

#4 Posted by Icarusflies (12246 posts) - - Show Bio

@Metron144: It's not awful, but I don't like it enough to buy it right now. Maybe when they introduce a villain I actually care about. : /

#5 Posted by Metron144 (101 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

@Metron144: It's not awful, but I don't like it enough to buy it right now. Maybe when they introduce a villain I actually care about. : /

yeah I'm not a big fan of graves either.

#6 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@Metron144 said:

@Icarusflies: Is JSA THAT bad right now? It's not as interesting as earth 2 or aquaman, but it's decent IMO. I think it's about to pick up though.

It's... good. Not bad, but not great either. It's only worth it if you have a bit of cash leftover to blow. I'm liking Earth 2 better.

#7 Posted by Saucedo17 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Captain Marvel/Shazam should get his own comic book series I've only read stuff from the new 52 but I'm liking Billy back story so far.

#8 Posted by Dernman (14016 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm loving the backup. It made me actually like the character. 

#9 Posted by cameron83 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

not really,it finally got good when we saw black adam,but mainly it was boring....better art then JLA though,and it's a backstory.........

but maybe something more interesting could've got it,like a superman/batman story or something

#10 Posted by cameron83 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

@Metron144 said:

@Icarusflies said:

yeah I'm not a big fan of graves either.

agreed,at least introduce vandal savage etc

#11 Posted by Metron144 (101 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

@Metron144 said:

It's... good. Not bad, but not great either. It's only worth it if you have a bit of cash leftover to blow. I'm liking Earth 2 better.

I'm loving earth 2 as well.

#12 Posted by sinestro_GL (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

I HATE HOW IT'S SO SHORT!

Every time I get to the end of the JLA story, I'm so happy to read Shazam! But that joy is short-lived as it quickly ends D:

#13 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_GL said:

I HATE HOW IT'S SO SHORT!

Every time I get to the end of the JLA story, I'm so happy to read Shazam! But that joy is short-lived as it quickly ends D:

Shazam should've gotten it's own miniseries IMO.

#14 Posted by TDK_1997 (13707 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it a lot but I don't like when you just catch up with the story and it gets super interesting and it ends.

#15 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Shazam back up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.