Any Ideas for a JL movie?

#1 Posted by juliusDicktationTakalua (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Like which comics should be used or what they should do? I'm really interested in other people's opinion.

I think if Warner Bros DO make a JL movie, they should use Trinity, and Justice League new 52 (issues 1 - 7)

The whole last act should be the new 52 in my opinion. AND Bats and Supes met before. Diana's greek view vs everyone elses plus her reaction to aliens and Superman. And just like the new 52 JL, hal and Barry know each other.

So basically, the first act will be about GL and Flash, Supes and Bat, and Diana's first encounter with the world. Second act will be them trying fight aliens. Third should be the new 52.

:D

I think JL film would be pretty good, but nothing like Nolan's film or as innovative as Avengers (Well, it is the first film to get all the characters together)

Or maybe it should be a TV series

#2 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@juliusDicktationTakalua:

Yeah, base it off of Justice League Vol. Origin. Have Chris Nolan produce, David Goyer plot/write, Aaron Sorkin do punch-up, and James Cameron direct.

Use this roster:

Have these be the villains:

Have Felix Faust be a worshiper of Darkseid in a very Lovecraftian/Cthullu way. Make him commit murders, have Superman try to stop him, and have him fail. Then have him summon Darkseid to Earth. Use Starro as Darkseid pet/war machine. Parademons would be supporting villains. Green Lantern is alerted by the extra-terrestrial energy signature. Wonder Woman and Cyborg are tied to the government, so they get called in. Aquaman is in the area.

#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (6471 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade: yea i like your idea but if you have DS as the big bad he would already have the paras with him

#4 Posted by FullmetalChobit (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade: I'm enjoying this immensely. Get a bit of Martian Manhunter in there and we're on :)

#5 Edited by Superdork (917 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

@juliusDicktationTakalua:

Yeah, base it off of Justice League Vol. Origin. Have Chris Nolan produce, David Goyer plot/write, Aaron Sorkin do punch-up, and James Cameron direct.

Use this roster:

Have these be the villains:

Have Felix Faust be a worshiper of Darkseid in a very Lovecraftian/Cthullu way. Make him commit murders, have Bats try to stop him, and have Bats fail. Then have him summon Darkseid to Earth. Use Starro as Darkseid pet/war machine. Parademons would be supporting villains.

Awesome, dude

#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

@juliusDicktationTakalua:

Yeah, base it off of Justice League Vol. Origin. Have Chris Nolan produce, David Goyer plot/write, Aaron Sorkin do punch-up, and James Cameron direct.

Use this roster:

Have these be the villains:

Have Felix Faust be a worshiper of Darkseid in a very Lovecraftian/Cthullu way. Make him commit murders, have Bats try to stop him, and have Bats fail. Then have him summon Darkseid to Earth. Use Starro as Darkseid pet/war machine. Parademons would be supporting villains.

Replace Cyborg with Flash and you have a deal.

#7 Posted by justice teen (450 posts) - - Show Bio

i would like to see the original members not cyborg. each with their own counter part like lex joker Circe etc as the main villains. with a good story line mostly base off the comics and not made.

#8 Edited by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

First Season of Justice League Unlimited. Base the movie off that, and you should have gold.

Instead of a mindless brawl, let's have a story.

#9 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@justice teen said:

i would like to see the original members not cyborg. each with their own counter part like lex joker Circe etc as the main villains. with a good story line mostly base off the comics and not made.

Cyborg is only one who looks like me, so I don't want him to go anywhere. Also, he is an original--at least now. =P

#10 Posted by juliusDicktationTakalua (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice idea OutlawRenegade.

It sounds awesome so far. But I was hoping the villain would be someone working for Darkseid and that Darkseid is lightyears away in Apokalypse or sth.

Plus I think it should be a live action TV series of 10 episodes each episode running 90 mins to 2 hours. I think it will be more detailed and awesome that way, build up the characters and their first interactions and stuff, that's what I want to see and a JL film. I dunno about others but I think that will be a pretty interesting thing to watch. Wonderwoman talking to aliens and how that affects her viewpoint on the world and stuff.

#11 Posted by juliusDicktationTakalua (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: @Gambit1024 said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@juliusDicktationTakalua:

Yeah, base it off of Justice League Vol. Origin. Have Chris Nolan produce, David Goyer plot/write, Aaron Sorkin do punch-up, and James Cameron direct.

Use this roster:

Have these be the villains:

Have Felix Faust be a worshiper of Darkseid in a very Lovecraftian/Cthullu way. Make him commit murders, have Bats try to stop him, and have Bats fail. Then have him summon Darkseid to Earth. Use Starro as Darkseid pet/war machine. Parademons would be supporting villains.

Replace Cyborg with Flash and you have a deal.

Flash and Green Lantern. Batman and Superman. Then Flash and GL meets Cyborg. Batman and Superman encounter Wonderwoman. Aquaman is shown throughout the series but first Flash GL, Batty Supes Wonderwoman, Cyborg all meet. THEN Aquaman joins in and they plan to attack their common enemy (who's working for Darkseid)

So yea, I think Flash should be added to the team. Felix Faust should be the main enemy worshiping DS and only to mention DS at the very end to the JL. Now that's an awesome show lol :P

#12 Posted by wondergirl246 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Ideally they would have successful movies for the core members before teaming them up. My ideal roster:

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern (Hal), Aquaman, Martian Manhunter.

I like the idea of using the Justice League animated series' first episodes as the basis. That way you don't need a Martian Manhunter movie - you introduce him in context, and have a good reason for the team up in the first place.

My guess is they're going to want to more diversity on the roster, as the classic roster cited above has only one woman and zero minorities (assuming aliens are not minorities...)

Hollywood would likely replace the Martian with Cyborg. Even though the Martian frequently uses a black human form, it wouldn't count, plus he's just a difficult character for live-action.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to just go with the animated Justice League lineup - replace Aquaman with Hawkgirl and use John Stewart instead of Hal. You could make Hawkgirl really Hispanic for even more color.

Switching Lanterns is a particularly good idea too since not only do you get another minority but you also get to retcon that god-awful Green Lantern film.

Anyway, I hope WB puts in the time and effort to get it right. Trying to do a Justice League film without companion films for the members would be risky and likely nothing more than a cash grab.

#13 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

@juliusDicktationTakalua:

Yeah, base it off of Justice League Vol. Origin. Have Chris Nolan produce, David Goyer plot/write, Aaron Sorkin do punch-up, and James Cameron direct.

Use this roster:

Have these be the villains:

Have Felix Faust be a worshiper of Darkseid in a very Lovecraftian/Cthullu way. Make him commit murders, have Superman try to stop him, and have him fail. Then have him summon Darkseid to Earth. Use Starro as Darkseid pet/war machine. Parademons would be supporting villains. Green Lantern is alerted by the extra-terrestrial energy signature. Wonder Woman and Cyborg are tied to the government, so they get called in. Aquaman is in the area.

I agree with your cast (with the exception of Cyborg and Aquaman, who should join in a sequel). Nolan should direct, and co-write with David Goyer. The villains shouldn't include Thanos or Felix Faust who are to similar to Thanos and Loki. GL should have an Incredible Hulk-esque sequel, where his origin is recapped in a breif flashback, or is explained as simply being another Green Lantern. Batman should be the "Iron Man" of the Justice League, meaning that at the end of TDKR, a JLA movie is alluded to. GL should not get darker by any means, and he and Flash should have lighter and more comedic films. Keep Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan. Chris Pine as the Flash. Olivia Wilde as Wonder Woman. They could have the Sinestro Corps as a villain, as long as GL2 does well (which I beleive it will).

#14 Posted by TheCannon (18334 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I do. Do what Marvel did with the Avengers, with the crossover movies. Have it bin in the same universe as Green Lantern and Man of Steel. Then, make sequels to those two movies, and make Wonder Woman and Aquaman. After Justice League, make a Flash spin-off.

Roster

Superman, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan, Flash (haven't decided if it's Barry or Wally yet), Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter. No Batman, simply because he can't be overshadowing guys like WW and Aquaman, otherwise it would basically be a Superman/Batman movie.

Villains

Darkseid as the main villain. Then, there's also the Injustice League, consisting of Lex Luthor, Sinestro, Black Cheetah, Cheetah, General Zod, and Professor Zoom. However, in my version, Professor Zoom is a clone of Flash. And Cheetah is a former Amazon, until she betrays them. After that, Ares turns her into Cheetah.

Cast

Henry Cavill as Superman

Megan Fox as Wonder Woman

Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern/Hal Jordan

Bradley Cooper as Flash

Doug Jones as Martian Manhunter

Originally, Alexander Skarsgard was Aquaman in the Aquaman movie. However, in Justice League, Justin Hartley takes over.

Dennis Haysbert as Darkseid

John Hamm as Lex Luthor

Mark Strong as Sinestro

Katheryn Winnick as Cheetah

Lennie James as Black Manta

Michael Shannon as General Zod

Patrick Wilson as Professor Zoom

Amy Adams as Lois Lane

Chris Evans as Steve Trevor

Blake Lively as Carol Ferris

The following characters do not appear in Justice League, but appear in the movies before Justice League.

Ed Quinn as Ares

Catharine Zeat-Jones as Hippolyta

James Urbaniak as Brainiac

Don Johnson as Tom Curry

Jamie King as Mera

Jensen Ackles as Orm Curry

Jeremy Irons as Atlan

Amanda Seyfried as Atlanna

#15 Posted by theconman1876 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that in order to efficiently pull off a JLA movie the need to limit there lead in movies. I think you skip the Batman reboot because Batman does not need another origin story: everybody knows how he came to be. So I think you can just have Batman appear in JLA. Superman is similar: the new movie that comes out in 2013 will introduce the world to Supes and all of his supporting cast so you can skip his lead-in movie. On the contrary, Green Lantern pretty much flopped in the box office. So Warner Brothers needs to make a sequel, but this time recast Hal (if necessary) and have Sinestro as the main villain and really emphasize the things that make Sinestro such a worthy foe. Then, WB needs to produce a Flash movie that introduces the basics of Flash. In my opinion, both a Wonder Woman movie and Aquaman movie would flop because they aren't popular enough. To help this, WB needs to introduce Aquaman and Wonder Woman through supporting roles/cameos in Green Lantern 2 and The Flash. Lastly, save Cyborg's origin story for the JLA movie.

#16 Posted by TheCannon (18334 posts) - - Show Bio

@theconman1876 said:

In my opinion, both a Wonder Woman movie and Aquaman movie would flop because they aren't popular enough.

Boo!

#17 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14596 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@theconman1876 said:

In my opinion, both a Wonder Woman movie and Aquaman movie would flop because they aren't popular enough.

Boo!

Boo, but true. seriously who's lamer than aquaman. his name screams air freshener mascot

#18 Posted by TheCannon (18334 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective said:

@TheCannon said:

@theconman1876 said:

In my opinion, both a Wonder Woman movie and Aquaman movie would flop because they aren't popular enough.

Boo!

Boo, but true. seriously who's lamer than aquaman. his name screams air freshener mascot

People never give him enough credit. Let's look at him for a minute:

King of Atlantis

Ability to talk to fish (most people say that stinks. He can summon SHARKS!)

Good origin

If done right, Aquaman could be amazing. You didn't name Wonder Woman, so I didn't go over her.

#19 Posted by theconman1876 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: I agree: it could work, but it would have to be REALLY good in order to turn heads. Same way with Wonder Woman.

#20 Posted by justice teen (450 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade: i feel you same here, but when i see cyborg on the JLA I instantly see him with donna, dick, wally, kyle, roy, and garth as the JLA next generation. so im not against him being on the team, I just want him to be apart of the next generation team not the original.

#21 Posted by wonderW (134 posts) - - Show Bio

All I have to say is, who every did 300 and spartacus should be in charge of Wonder Woman's character in a jla or her own movie/tv series they know how to make it AWSOME!

If a Wonder Woman movie was done like 300 or spartacus it would be true to the character and one of the best movie out their.

#22 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@wonderW: I agree. Too bad it probably won't ever happen. WB will never give WW a decent chance.

#23 Posted by The Stegman (24035 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a few ideas...but it would take too long to explain...but I think a movie is possible, but will never happen.

#24 Posted by TheCannon (18334 posts) - - Show Bio

@theconman1876 said:

@TheCannon: I agree: it could work, but it would have to be REALLY good in order to turn heads. Same way with Wonder Woman.

A Wonder Woman movie would be AMAZING. I don't care what anybody says. She is #1 on my top five list of characters I would like to see get a movie.

#25 Edited by Captain13 (3322 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995: Did you honestly make an effort to exclude all minority characters? Not even one? This is the racial equivalent to a sausage fest. 14 characters--no minorities.

No Cyborg, John Stewart, Jackson Hyde, or Jai West? LOL.

No Steel, Icon, Vixen, or Black Lightning?

Oh wait. Let me guess. You want to put them in a later, separate but equal generation of the JLA?

That's not it, you just like the originals and don't give two @@@@@ about correcting the historical lack of diversity?

Sorry this is not about just you. I'm really tired of all these people not including ANY minority characters--effectively excluding them. But they just come up with all these excuses why there are no minorities. At the end of the day--there is no good excuse.

Sorry.

#26 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@DarkKnightDetective said:

@TheCannon said:

@theconman1876 said:

In my opinion, both a Wonder Woman movie and Aquaman movie would flop because they aren't popular enough.

Boo!

Boo, but true. seriously who's lamer than aquaman. his name screams air freshener mascot

People never give him enough credit. Let's look at him for a minute:

King of Atlantis

Ability to talk to fish (most people say that stinks. He can summon SHARKS!)

Good origin

If done right, Aquaman could be amazing. You didn't name Wonder Woman, so I didn't go over her.

The name "Aquaman" should only be used as a nickname given by the media.

#27 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

@theconman1876 said:

I think that in order to efficiently pull off a JLA movie the need to limit there lead in movies. I think you skip the Batman reboot because Batman does not need another origin story: everybody knows how he came to be. So I think you can just have Batman appear in JLA. Superman is similar: the new movie that comes out in 2013 will introduce the world to Supes and all of his supporting cast so you can skip his lead-in movie. On the contrary, Green Lantern pretty much flopped in the box office. So Warner Brothers needs to make a sequel, but this time recast Hal (if necessary) and have Sinestro as the main villain and really emphasize the things that make Sinestro such a worthy foe. Then, WB needs to produce a Flash movie that introduces the basics of Flash. In my opinion, both a Wonder Woman movie and Aquaman movie would flop because they aren't popular enough. To help this, WB needs to introduce Aquaman and Wonder Woman through supporting roles/cameos in Green Lantern 2 and The Flash. Lastly, save Cyborg's origin story for the JLA movie.

Either WW or aquaman need their own film. A cameo won't be enough to introduce a team member. It was for Hawkeye, in the Avengers, but that is because he was just a government agent, and there wasn't need for a lengthy origin story. As for WW or aquaman, I'd like to see somebody try to cram THAT much origin into one cameo. One of them should get a movie. The other should be related to the villain, in some way (not a family relation). It'd be nice to see a movie for both, though. As for Batman, you're entrely right. We don't need to see that again. My only concern is that Christian Bale may not return for a jla movie. Michael Fassbender would make a masterful batman. The Flash is likely the next dc movie to be announced, and superman get's a movie next year. The villain should be Braniac. Played by Viggo Mortensen( makeup, voice and motion capture.)

#28 Posted by juliusDicktationTakalua (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a good film would need a good dynamic. That's why I think Batman, Supes, WW, and Aquaman MUST be in the team why? Cus Batman is indirectly funny in the comics and he should be like that in the film or tv series. An Amazon and an Atlantean in a team? C'MON GUYS That's just awesome! Plus Aquaman will be a funny concept! Have you guys read any of the new 52 comics? It's hilarious!

So here (again) is my roster:

Superman and Batman. Flash and GL. -- Both teams team up

Wonder woman -- She meets the two teams above as ambassador of Themiscyra

Aquaman -- Meets the team during a fight

Cyborg -- Meets the rest during some freak accident

Cast:

Superman -- Henry Cavill

Batman -- I would love to have Christian Bale as Batman, I think his Batman is nearly as awesome as the animated version and Keaton's.

Flash - a shredded Chris Pine

GL -- Don't like Reynolds but who else?

Wonder Woman -- any hot burnettes who's young and CAN act

Cyborg -- not a lot of young black actors these days . . .

Aquaman -- Liam Hemsworth or Chris Pine or ... no friggin idea who else is blonde and fit and a good actor

Villain:

Someone strong enough for the fresh JL team. Ofcourse, the team is not that strong at first. I wish it's Darkseid or sth... A New God? A cosmic or mythological villain would be awesome. Maybe the tv show or film should create a new villain, a cosmic deity who's trying to take Earth to do something a lot worse. And in the last minute of the film or TV series, another villain should be introduced.

#29 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

@juliusDicktationTakalua said:

I think a good film would need a good dynamic. That's why I think Batman, Supes, WW, and Aquaman MUST be in the team why? Cus Batman is indirectly funny in the comics and he should be like that in the film or tv series. An Amazon and an Atlantean in a team? C'MON GUYS That's just awesome! Plus Aquaman will be a funny concept! Have you guys read any of the new 52 comics? It's hilarious!

So here (again) is my roster:

Superman and Batman. Flash and GL. -- Both teams team up

Wonder woman -- She meets the two teams above as ambassador of Themiscyra

Aquaman -- Meets the team during a fight

Cyborg -- Meets the rest during some freak accident

Cast:

Superman -- Henry Cavill

Batman -- I would love to have Christian Bale as Batman, I think his Batman is nearly as awesome as the animated version and Keaton's.

Flash - a shredded Chris Pine

GL -- Don't like Reynolds but who else?

Wonder Woman -- any hot burnettes who's young and CAN act

Cyborg -- not a lot of young black actors these days . . .

Aquaman -- Liam Hemsworth or Chris Pine or ... no friggin idea who else is blonde and fit and a good actor

Villain:

Someone strong enough for the fresh JL team. Ofcourse, the team is not that strong at first. I wish it's Darkseid or sth... A New God? A cosmic or mythological villain would be awesome. Maybe the tv show or film should create a new villain, a cosmic deity who's trying to take Earth to do something a lot worse. And in the last minute of the film or TV series, another villain should be introduced.

Superman- I agree that it should be Henry Cavill

Batman - if not Bale than Michael Fassbender

Flash - Chris Pine or Bradley Cooper

Wonder Woman - Adrian Palicki or Bryce Dallas Howard

Cyborg - John Boyega or Lee Thompson Young

Aquaman - Liam Hemsworth or Ryan Phillipe

Villain: Braniac- Viggo Mortensen

#30 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe they should just have a small team of 3-4 people.

#31 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6660 posts) - - Show Bio

I want them to make it related to Nolan's Dark Knight somehow.Make the movie dark and gloomy like the dark knight films. I would love to see an alternative of the Avengers movie. Aqua man and Cyborg wouldn't really make good characters in the movie though.

#32 Edited by DarkKnightForever (119 posts) - - Show Bio

Omari Hardwick as Cyborg

Paul Walker as Aquaman

#33 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh said:

I want them to make it related to Nolan's Dark Knight somehow.Make the movie dark and gloomy like the dark knight films. I would love to see an alternative of the Avengers movie. Aqua man and Cyborg wouldn't really make good characters in the movie though.

Aquaman would. Michael Fassbender as Aquaman.

#34 Edited by Captain13 (3322 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

@juliusDicktationTakalua:

Yeah, base it off of Justice League Vol. Origin. Have Chris Nolan produce, David Goyer plot/write, Aaron Sorkin do punch-up, and James Cameron direct.

Use this roster:

Have these be the villains:

Have Felix Faust be a worshiper of Darkseid in a very Lovecraftian/Cthullu way. Make him commit murders, have Batrman try to stop him, and have him fail. Then have him summon Darkseid to Earth. Use Starro as Darkseid pet/war machine. Parademons would be supporting villains.

Superman/ Clark Kent- Henry Cavill

Batman/Bruce Wayne- Michael Fassbender

Wonder Woman/Diana Prince- Alice Eve

Green Lantern/Hal Jordan- Armie Hammer

The Flash/Barry Allen- Ryan Gosling

Aquaman/Arthur Curry- Kellan Lutz

Cyborg/Victor Stone- Mechad Brooks

Darkseid- Michael Ironside (CG)

Felix Faust- Jim Caviezel

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.