Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3323 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Am I The Only One Who Wants To Change The Justice League's Powers

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OutlawRenegade

I would get rid of Superman's super speed to make the Flash more special.

I would get rid of Wonder Woman's flight to differentiate her from Superman, and to make her jet make more sense.

I would get rid f Cyborg's ability to connect with every single computer so that Batman could do more tech, spy, and intel stuff.

And finally I would give Aquaman aquakinetic abilities... Because he's the goddamn Aquaman!

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By colonyofcells

I agree about letting only Flash have super speed. Even Green Lantern should not have super speed and Green Lantern should use space warps. If Superman needs to travel in space long distance, Superman can use technology like the New Gods mother box. For Wonder Woman, I prefer she does not fly and have only Deathstroke level powers so Wonder Woman will be more about skills. Aquaman can get more powers from whatever powers the trident might have. I tend to see Wonder Woman and Aquaman as about equal in power levels. I also prefer to lower the power levels of Superman so we can finally get rid of the silly kryptonite or reboot kryptonite to have super radiation that harms everyone. I also prefer to reduce the powers of Green Lantern to energy telekinesis so that Green Lantern won't be like god.

Avatar image for juandicimo_magnifico45
    Juandicimo_Magnifico45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I 100% think that Superman should not be on-par with Flash in speed. His ability to move through objects is what gives him his advantage, but that's not enough.

Wonder Woman should not have flight. I think it is important that she is still very powerful, but no flying like what @colonyofcells said, would force her to rely more on skill.

Having everyone with so many powers makes each added character less and less needed.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AtPhantom

One problem: These characters don't exist for the sole purpose of being in the Justice League. The question will always be what works best for them, not the team.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#5  Edited By TheCannon

@OutlawRenegade said:

Agree.

@OutlawRenegade said:

I would get rid of Wonder Woman's flight to differentiate her from Superman, and to make her jet make more sense.

Disagree.

@OutlawRenegade said:

I would get rid f Cyborg's ability to connect with every single computer so that Batman could do more tech, spy, and intel stuff.

Disagree. I'd go the opposite way.

@OutlawRenegade said:

And finally I would give Aquaman aquakinetic abilities... Because he's the goddamn Aquaman!

No clue.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#6  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

i agree with giving Aquaman getting stable hydrokinetic powers.@colonyofcells said:

I agree about letting only Flash have super speed. Even Green Lantern should not have super speed and Green Lantern should use space warps. If Superman needs to travel in space long distance, Superman can use technology like the New Gods mother box. For Wonder Woman, I prefer she does not fly and have only Deathstroke level powers so Wonder Woman will be more about skills. Aquaman can get more powers from whatever powers the trident might have. I tend to see Wonder Woman and Aquaman as about equal in power levels. I also prefer to lower the power levels of Superman so we can finally get rid of the silly kryptonite or reboot kryptonite to have super radiation that harms everyone. I also prefer to reduce the powers of Green Lantern to energy telekinesis so that Green Lantern won't be like god.

Kryptonite DOES harm everyone. it gave Lex Luthor cancer pre-52.

@AtPhantom said:

One problem: These characters don't exist for the sole purpose of being in the Justice League. The question will always be what works best for them, not the team.

a valid point.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@OutlawRenegade: Aquaman doesn't have aquakinetic abilities

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By colonyofcells

For a rebooted kryptonite, I prefer kryptonite become a weapon of mass destruction from krypton that can affect everyone including superman, martian manhunter, captain marvel, daxamites, obliterate non powered humans, etc. Having kryptonite cause cancer is just boring since even pollution, pesticides and animal products can cause cancer.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By SUNMAN

@OutlawRenegade said:

Nah Superman having Super speed is so iconic now I'd let him keep it. I don't subscribe to the notion superhero teammates can't have the same powers. It's simply about being the bes/most effective superhero team. We all know flash is faster and uses his speed in different ways.

@OutlawRenegade said:

I don't mind Wonder Woman losing flight but I don't care either way. I've never been a fan of the Invisible plane

@OutlawRenegade said:

No this is really a terrible idea. Cyborg being a digital tank/source of information is what Johns is building as his most definitive feature. It's the edge he is giving him over every other hero in mainstream comics. Yes he can create boom tubes which is also a big deal, and his weapon systems and super strength are nice. But Cyborg's ability to gather any data with ease is his new trademark.

No Caption Provided

Cyborg can freely pull information essentially with ease manipulate tech etc, as long as his source has some type of internet connection, wireless or radio signal cyborg can get after it.

This also doesn't take away from Batman. Cyborg maybe the best source for gathering information but he doesn't have Batman's deductive skills. Bruce's title as the world's greatest detective is for his deductive reasoning and problem solving not his ability to gather information. Also not all information can be found on the internet, which is why Bats will still snoop around.

Additionally, Batman's got so much else going for him, although I think detective should be his primary archetype he's really a true renaissance/jack of all trades hero. Batman is also a master tactician, ninja, spy, inventor, master martial artist, incredibly rich. You name it this man's got it. He's a man able to walk next to gods, because he is so ridiculous.

Going back to Cyborg some people liken him to Ironman and this is really a mistake. Their origins are fundamentally different. Ironman almost died and developed his super armor to escape his captors. He chose to keep building and improving on his armor, and he is essentially a one man army, really known for his weapon expertise, versatility and lethality. Whereas, Cyborg didn't really have a choice in his creations, and although he has powerful and versatile weapons his most impressive functions are his ability to gather information that far surpasses Ironman's. Cyborg is less of the war machine, and more about informaiton.

@OutlawRenegade said:

Why? I'm just curious. I think his abilities are fine the way they are. I'm not necessarily opposed to this, but if I was to give him another ability it would be based around his trident. Something that really makes it an fitting weapon for the king of the sea

I just feel looking at the Justice League in this way is rather short sighted. On the surface characters may seem similar, but they really aren't and each posses very unique characteristics and archetypes compared to one another. Also for how long has Superman had his super speed? I mean it is so married with his character how can you divorce them?

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cloudzackvincent

@SUNMAN said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

Nah Superman having Super speed is so iconic now I'd let him keep it. I don't subscribe to the notion superhero teammates can't have the same powers. It's simply about being the bes/most effective superhero team. We all know flash is faster and uses his speed in different ways.

@OutlawRenegade said:

I don't mind Wonder Woman losing flight but I don't care either way. I've never been a fan of the Invisible plane

@OutlawRenegade said:

No this is really a terrible idea. Cyborg being a digital tank/source of information is what Johns is building as his most definitive feature. It's the edge he is giving him over every other hero in mainstream comics. Yes he can create boom tubes which is also a big deal, and his weapon systems and super strength are nice. But Cyborg's ability to gather any data with ease is his new trademark.

No Caption Provided

Cyborg can freely pull information essentially with ease manipulate tech etc, as long as his source has some type of internet connection, wireless or radio signal cyborg can get after it.

This also doesn't take away from Batman. Cyborg maybe the best source for gathering information but he doesn't have Batman's deductive skills. Bruce's title as the world's greatest detective is for his deductive reasoning and problem solving not his ability to gather information. Also not all information can be found on the internet, which is why Bats will still snoop around.

Additionally, Batman's got so much else going for him, although I think detective should be his primary archetype he's really a true renaissance/jack of all trades hero. Batman is also a master tactician, ninja, spy, inventor, master martial artist, incredibly rich. You name it this man's got it. He's a man able to walk next to gods, because he is so ridiculous.

Going back to Cyborg some people liken him to Ironman and this is really a mistake. Their origins are fundamentally different. Ironman almost died and developed his super armor to escape his captors. He chose to keep building and improving on his armor, and he is essentially a one man army, really known for his weapon expertise, versatility and lethality. Whereas, Cyborg didn't really have a choice in his creations, and although he has powerful and versatile weapons his most impressive functions are his ability to gather information that far surpasses Ironman's. Cyborg is less of the war machine, and more about informaiton.

@OutlawRenegade said:

Why? I'm just curious. I think his abilities are fine the way they are. I'm not necessarily opposed to this, but if I was to give him another ability it would be based around his trident. Something that really makes it an fitting weapon for the king of the sea

I just feel looking at the Justice League in this way is rather short sighted. On the surface characters may seem similar, but they really aren't and each posses very unique characteristics and archetypes compared to one another. Also for how long has Superman had his super speed? I mean it is so married with his character how can you divorce them?

QFT

@AtPhantom said:

true that

and i dont want kryptonite to be rebooted, its an iconic and unique weakness....

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @AtPhantom said:

^
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#12  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

he never said he did. he said he would give him some if he could.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By colonyofcells

In the bronze age, Superman was an expert in kryptonian martial arts although he got beaten up by Faora. I would prefer Superman become as good a fighter as Batman and for Superman to use more kryptonian gadgets and kryptonian weapons similar to how Batman has an arsenal. For Flash, I prefer a flying Flash with lightning powers similar to the Ray or Black Vulcan.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BlackWind

Superman should have super speed, but make it extremely clear the Flash is faster. Otherwise he'd be useless.

Wonder Woman must remain one of the most powerful women on Earth, so nerfing he is a no go.

I absolutely hate Cyborg being able to use Apokoliptian tech. Fourth World tech is supposed to be the best there is, and now Cyborg can integrate it into his systems? Lame! Personal gripe, really.

Green Lanterns protect an entire sector of space. Energy telekinesis is not sufficient. GL is just fine.

Aquaman should not have hydrokinesis. If he did it would take away what's unique about his wife. I want the trident to be his Mjolnir.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By colonyofcells

I think it would be fun to see Aquaman fly using the trident or maybe even open warps using the trident or fire energy. In greek mythology, the trident of Poseidon was pretty powerful.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@SUNMAN said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

No Caption Provided

@OutlawRenegade said:

Nice post

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sethysquare

@OutlawRenegade said:

wonder woman already can't fly iirc

aquaman shouldnt have aquakinectic abilities because mera has them.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JonSmith

Nope. Personally, I would give Batman Martian Manhunter's powers.

Then the Justice League would be completely unnecessary.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By TDK_1997

I wouldn't change any of their powers.I like them how they are.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#20  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

he never said he did. he said he would give him some if he could.

ohhh thats what I get for skimming

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By Lvenger

@OutlawRenegade said:

No no no no no no no. Superman's supposed to be one of the most powerful beings in the DCU. He's not faster than Flash anyway. WIthout the superspeed, he's just a flying brick. Superspeed gives him an extra oomph. I wouldn't change his powers for anything in the world.

@OutlawRenegade said:

Again no no no no no no no. She's supposed to receive the gift of flight from Hermes and has. There's no reason why everyone can't have the same powers on a team.

@OutlawRenegade said:

This would make Cyborg's position on the team even more redundant than it is. And you've said that you want Cyborg to be a meaningful member of the Justice League. So this would go against your wish

@OutlawRenegade said:

Meh. He's already had hydrokinetic abilities before. I don't feel strongly on this.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By SUNMAN

@sethysquare said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

wonder woman already can't fly iirc

aquaman shouldnt have aquakinectic abilities because mera has them.

I think Wonder Woman can fly since Hermes used his feather magic on her]

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Eternal19

@colonyofcells said:

In the bronze age, Superman was an expert in kryptonian martial arts although he got beaten up by Faora. I would prefer Superman become as good a fighter as Batman and for Superman to use more kryptonian gadgets and kryptonian weapons similar to how Batman has an arsenal. For Flash, I prefer a flying Flash with lightning powers similar to the Ray or Black Vulcan.

so, you want superman to be an alien version of batman. I honestly dont understand why people feel the need to change superman He's fine the way he is

Spawn92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Spawn92

Or, you could just replace everybody but Batman with Martian Manhunter. The Justice League is now too awesome to exist.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By Yung ANcient One
    Why does Wonder Woman have a Invisible Jet?  What does she get tired of flying?  She has it just in case Batman forgets his "B.A.T." or Aquaman needs a ride?  Seriously what's the point?  Why don't Aquaman, Flash, Superman, Hawkgender, or The Martian have any vehicles?   ( + )
    colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By colonyofcells

Since Krypton, Mars, Thanagar, Atlantis, and even paradise island used to have advanced science, I would assume they have better vehicles and weapons and gadgets than what Bruce Wayne can buy. The current version of Wonder Woman does not have advanced science but does have access to the similar magical gadgets. The New Gods was created by Jack Kirby long ago in such a way that all the magic has been explained by pseudo science so the New Gods look more like high tech aliens than gods.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7
    deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BlackWind said:

Superman should have super speed, but make it extremely clear the Flash is faster. Otherwise he'd be useless.

Wonder Woman must remain one of the most powerful women on Earth, so nerfing he is a no go.

I absolutely hate Cyborg being able to use Apokoliptian tech. Fourth World tech is supposed to be the best there is, and now Cyborg can integrate it into his systems? Lame! Personal gripe, really.

Green Lanterns protect an entire sector of space. Energy telekinesis is not sufficient. GL is just fine.

Aquaman should not have hydrokinesis. If he did it would take away what's unique about his wife. I want the trident to be his Mjolnir.

This. Especially Wonder Woman someone here said she should only have Deathstroke level ability -_-? Yah no.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BlackWind

Superman turning into some high class fighter would be a nightmare for me. He's fine as he is.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BatteredArmor

@SUNMAN said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

No this is really a terrible idea. Cyborg being a digital tank/source of information is what Johns is building as his most definitive feature. It's the edge he is giving him over every otheSor hero in mainstream comics. Yes he can create boom tubes which is also a big deal, and his weapon systems and super strength are nice. But Cyborg's ability to gather any data with ease is his new trademark.

No Caption Provided

@OutlawRenegade said:

So much this

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By colonyofcells

If Superman ever gets beaten up by phantom zone villains or white martians, Superman might finally decide to get some fighting lessons from Batman.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By comicfan11

Aquaman already had water manipulation in the past.

I wouldn't mind him getting it back, though I wouldn't much care if he doesn't

But my main hope is that they clearly establish what the Trident does.

We know it's unbreakable and it can pierce stuff that even GL constructs can't (eg Darkseid's hide) but I'd love for it to have some sort of blasting power or control over water. Someone mentioned it "being like Mjolnir is to Thor". And it's already been called the most powerful of the 7 Atlantean artifacts.

Furthermore establish clearly that AQ is by far the most physically powerful Atlantean, as it has been the case for the past 20-25 years.

Anything less would be a huge step down, though so far his feats seem to support that.

And focus on his backstory as a king and a warrior.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By colonyofcells

Aside from having useful powers on land, I do prefer Aquaman also work primarily on land similar to Superman and Hawkman.

For a short time, the John Byrne Wonder Woman got promoted into a goddess of truth so maybe she was more powerful than Superman and Captain Marvel for a short time.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jphulk26

@colonyofcells said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

What a load of toss, why don´t you take Supermans flight a way, so he´s not so much like Wonder Woman. If ww isn´t different enough, its cause New 52 is not writing her properly, she has magic weapons (sword, laso, bracelet) as well as other abilities like animal empathy, so she can understand and use hunting animals to her advantage, plus thousands of years of Amazon fighting training which gives her strategy and martial fighting skills.

Take supermans super speed away? what. The book your reading is rubbish that´s why you´re disappointed. just read better justice league novels. you´ll be more satisfied.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.