Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman
    No Caption Provided
    The Justice League spreads out across the world to handle elementals who have gone rogue after the reappearance of the Starheart and Jade tries to figure out what her resurrection has to do with all of this.

The Good

The whole concept of the Starheart making elementals everywhere just randomly start to lose it is a very interesting premise for this story arc. I'm intrigued to see where it goes. While I found the number of personal narratives got a little excessive and a little confusing in this issue, I still liked the range of personalities Robinson conveyed throughout all the dialogue. And Bagley's art never ceases to excite me. I'm always astounded by how he's consistently able to make every page, and every panel, look so dynamic. That's especially the case for the last scene on the moon with the construct kingdom and the swarm of green ghosts flying around. That scene's mostly wordless and it was still an excellent cliffhanger! I also got special amusement out of seeing Klarion and Teekl showing up!

The Bad

I really wasn't feeling the back-up feature starring Cyborg and Red Tornado. It was a bit dull and wordy. It honestly felt almost like a fan fiction prose short focusing on two characters' relationship that wasn't exciting enough to include the main feature. Also, there were a number of spots where the coloring didn't really fit with Bagley's art - - either the colors made characters' costume look too shiny or patterns and textures didn't integrate with his lines. That was especially noticeable during the fight with the first water elemental.

The Verdict - 3.5/5

While this continues to be a classic team book done right, I couldn't help thinking that this wasn't as good as the previous issue. While I like the idea of giving each member of the team their own personal narrative, I think that my diminished enthusiasm in this issue stems from all the captions cluttering eachother. Despite all of that, Bagley's art continues to be simply amazing to follow.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NightFang3

I really enjoyed this issue and i'm looking forward to the next one. 

Avatar image for the_nightwalker
    the_nightwalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By the_nightwalker

same plot all the time: monster threatens world, team doubts they can win, they win... and probably learn a little about themselves in the process... blleeechhh!!!!

scorpius72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By scorpius72

why is this book $3.99 every month?
    Blackestnight1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Blackestnight1

ill get the next one ranked 4 or higher

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.