ferdi47's Justice League of America #41 - Team History Part One review

• ferdi47 wrote this review on .
  • ferdi47 has written a total of 14 reviews. The last one was for Home Alone

New Era... and New Writers!!

This issue begins with Vixen resigning. Then, we see Donna Troy in a hospital, fighting thugs who have kidnapped children.
She then says she doesn't want this life.... Until Diana convinces her to be part of the JLA. The rest of the issue is basically how they gather the next team members. The final roaster? Donna Troy, Red Tornado, Batman, Doctor Light, Cyborg, Starfire, Mon-El, The Atom, The Ray, Green Lantern, Green Arrow and Congorilla.

The Artwork was Awesome and the characters were respected:

-Vixen being headstrong and doubtfull about the League
-Dr Light being doubtfull until Donna convinces her
-Donna not wanting this anymore until Diana convinces her to get on the league
-Dick playful and smart
-Kory & Vic willing to do good
-Ollie bringing his frustration on fighting "solo" against supervillains, giving up food & rest

I overall loved this issue and advise you to purchase it... while it's still on the stands!
I loved it so much, I think I'm going to buy it a 2nd time JUST for Cover B!!

-Vixen being headstrong and doubtfull about the League
-Dr Light being doubtfull until Donna convinces her
-Donna not wanting this anymore until Diana convinces her to get on the league
-Dick playful and smart
-Kory & Vic willing to do good

JLA #41 Covers A

Posted by AirDave817

Good review!

I get that Robinson's writing has been pass or fail - mostly fail - lately, but you know the old saying - go big or go home. He did some very interesting things in Starman with a unique and diverse cast of characters. And, while that shouldn't get him a pass on bad choices or decisions, I think this might be an interesting run on Justice League of America

I'm curious to see how far along he gets before A) DC decides to reassemble the original Magnificent Seven - now that Barry Allen is back - B) DC decides that this isn't any different that anything else they've been doing since the book relaunched a few years ago with Brad Meltzer - C) DC decides to reassemble the original classic or Wolfman and Perez' Titans - or D) someone gets bored

So far, his writing over on Cry For Justice has been getting notice for the sensationalism rather than the actual storyline, which is a shame. I know he's done other things, but Starman was his most consistent work. It showed a wide range, a broad scope and a peculiar voice.

I have no complaints about Mark Bagley. Except, that maybe his characters all look alike. I enjoyed his Ultimate Spider-Man and Trinity. I plan one day to actually sit down and read Trinity again straight through without taking a weekly break.

I want to see where he takes Dick, Donna, Vic, Kori; this Justice League of Titans! maybe this will be right up there with the Giffen-DeMatties-Maguire run on the book.