Follow

Justice League International

Team » Justice League International appears in 469 issues.

Sanctioned by the United Nations, the Justice League International is designed to be a publicly accountable answer to the Justice League.

Justice League International Launched From Trinity War?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

There's been rumours floating about for a while now that there will be another JLI book launched some time this year and DC are obviously trying to expand the Justice League brand as much as possible in recent years with games, animated DVD's and more comics with Justice League Dark and Justice League of America becoming fan favourites and the Justice League getting a lot better not to mention the rumoured Justice Legion book. The perfect time for the JLI to get a second go would be during the Trinity War.

It can only help the book that the Booster Gold TV show is getting closer with Sy Fy picking up the script next week and the character looking ever more likely to get his own comic in the next New 52 Wave. But what about the creative team and roster? Well I have a few ideas about that. The roster should be a good mix of former JLI members and fan favourites that need more exposure, here's what I had in mind:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I think this would be a good line up because Justice League International should be a fun adventure book with a lot of humour, that's how it's always been and it's something the current DCU is definently lacking, I think this roster would provide interesting character interaction as well as getting some good exposure on characters that deserve it, not to mention it would be interesting to see Batman's reaction to Dick turning down a place on the JL to then join the JLI. As for the creative team I think R. B SIlva should be on art since it was him that leaked the rumour to begin with and Judd Winick on writing since he did such a fantastic job on Generation Lost

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@flashdamn: Because well it wasn't amazing it was kind of directionless for a while but DC never gave it a chance. I think the biggest reason it was cancelled was because Geoff Johns wanted to turn it in to JLA

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Outside of Giffen and DeMatteis' JLI the title's never really had a leg to stand on.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

@jonny_anonymous: I'm not saying the title wouldn't sell. It's a Justice League book, chances are it'll sell. My point is after the initial series I personally didn't care for other incarnations of JLI. Generation Lost had something going and then they dropped the whole Max Lord after it launched as JLI in the New 52. But even it didn't catch lightning in a bottle the way Giffen, DeMatteis and Maguire did.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.