JLI #12 Final Issue

#1 Posted by Lord Shiva (806 posts) - - Show Bio

JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL #12

Written by DAN JURGENS

Art by AARON LOPRESTI and MATT RYAN

Cover by DAVID FINCH and RICHARD FRIEND

On sale AUGUST 1 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T • FINAL ISSUE

• It’s the funeral for ROCKET RED.

• Several members resign from the team – who will be left?

Can't say I'm really surprised.

#2 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really surprised. This series just couldn't catch my attention at all.

#3 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

This title was very disappointing. DC should've picked right up where Generation Lost left off. That series was great and it already had a perfect team to start from. Can't say I'm surprised about the cancellation either.

#4 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

Not surprised. DC's reboot's not all that for a lot of titles.

#5 Posted by noj (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate to say it but I have to agree. The reboot just killed that title, and the loss of the Generation Lost team is to me honestly the biggest dissapointment to come from the reboot, along with the development Booster Gold had received since 52. I LOVED Generation Lost and I couldnt wait to see where it progressed but it turned out to be dead in the water.

#6 Posted by Icarusflies (12512 posts) - - Show Bio

@WildStyle said:

This title was very disappointing. DC should've picked right up where Generation Lost left off. That series was great and it already had a perfect team to start from. Can't say I'm surprised about the cancellation either.

This.

The only thing this series accomplish was making me really #*&^ing mad or sad each month until I dropped it. And then every time I would see the new solits. So yeah.

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35008 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it will be cancelled 

#8 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

I don't think it will be cancelled

Okay, well, DC's confirmed it.

#9 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

So what's replacing it? and why this of all titles, aren't there so many more worse ones doing worse in sales as well?

#10 Posted by NewKid (367 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't think it's getting properly cancelled... more like the final issue with this lineup... then will get relaunched under a new name with the lineup change.

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35008 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:

@spiderbat87 said:

I don't think it will be cancelled

Okay, well, DC's confirmed it.

you mean just because it says final issue in the solicits? 
#12 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Darn really? Well, I mean I'm not surprised but still kinda sad. I still really enjoyed this series, but if that's how its going then I suppose there's nothing that can be done...

#13 Posted by The_Tree (7946 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it's the end just yet, the annual is coming out later in that month.

#14 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that they should've just continued Generation Lost. The most disappointing thing about this relaunch was the rollback made to Booster Gold. The best thing about this relaunch was the inclusion of August General in Iron, but then they killed off Red Rocket and ruined their awesome budding friendship, which was silly.

#15 Edited by The_Tree (7946 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

I agree that they should've just continued Generation Lost. The most disappointing thing about this relaunch was the rollback made to Booster Gold. The best thing about this relaunch was the inclusion of August General in Iron, but then they killed off Red Rocket and ruined their awesome budding friendship, which was silly.

Agreed, Rocket's death was so pointless and saddening. And I'm also still upset that they didn't continue with the Generation Lost team, I freaking adored that team. Booster also had some great character development before the relaunch that should never have been undone.

#16 Posted by Dernman (15715 posts) - - Show Bio

What are they are going to replace it with? Another Bat book?

#17 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

I hate to agree with this. Seriously. I've been drawn to Marvel unwittingly more an more and I supported the reboot.

@Dernman said:

Don't be stupid. We both know a Nightwing-led team is coming next. Right?

#18 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@John Valentine said:

I hate to agree with this. Seriously. I've been drawn to Marvel unwittingly more an more and I supported the reboot.

That said, a lot of titles I've read/read about/heard about do seem to be really good.

Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood and Outlaws, Animal Man, Green Lantern etc.

#19 Edited by Dernman (15715 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said: 

@Dernman said:

Ha RV your delusions are so entertaining. :p 
You are right their are a lot of fails and bad decisions in the new 52 but I still support it. 

Edit: It just needed to happen IMO.
#20 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@ReVamp said:

@John Valentine said:

That said, a lot of titles I've read/read about/heard about do seem to be really good.

Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood and Outlaws, Animal Man, Green Lantern etc.

All five of those titles are really good to be honest. But I don't think you can sell an idea of 52 individual books on 8 really well made books. I mean, you add Swamp Thing, Superboy, Aquaman and Wonder Woman and really you've got all the real good titles out there. I, Vampire, JLDark, Demon Knights are good too, but variable, and then you got books I really want to like ie Hawkman, Legion, Justice League International but they just are too "meh" and you have books which are straight up horrible, like Justice League. (Which is ironic)

#21 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@ReVamp said:

@Dernman said:

Ha RV your delusions are so entertaining. :p You are right their are a lot of fails in the new 52 but I still support it

Coming from the Drunkard, I'm not impressed.

I know, I still do too, but I'm saying that supporting it is one thing, but I think its lacking a lot. I mean, the who is writing what decisions were... interesting.

#22 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

Hawkman, Legion, Justice League International but they just are too "meh" and you have books which are straight up horrible, like Justice League. (Which is ironic)

I got big into Legion a few years ago, read the Great Darkness Saga (an absolute classic) and the Geoff Johns Superman/Legion stuff, but that's about the only stuff I've read thoroughly enjoyed. The 2010 Legion of Superheroes was really lack-luster.

I don't think Justice League is too bad.

#23 Posted by Dernman (15715 posts) - - Show Bio

With this book being canceled out of sink this messes up the wave numbering system.

#24 Posted by TheOptimist (681 posts) - - Show Bio

There isn't too much that hasn't already been said I guess... I'm sad that the series is ending, more for the history of the title and the potential of the characters within it... I think the creative team can have really strong moments... Lopresti particularly is one of my faves... it just didn't hit the mark that I was hoping for in this case.

I think that really is the big idea... a missed opportunity. The series itself wasn't godawful. It wasn't even bad. Its just that it should have been phenomenal... I was so psyched for a JLI book after Generation Lost... I mean, I was giggling like a schoolgirl on the book's last page, I was so psyched... the book just took a completely different direction. All of the things that powered that series, they made a pretty deliberate attempt to distance it from...

Booster's leadership role, Jaime's proving his worth, Fire & Ice back in the spotlight, Bats and Wondy agreeing to basically play second fiddle in a lot of ways, and most of all the humor and character development of Rocket Red... I mean, talk about a blast... ooh poor choice of words. You know what I mean. He was a fantastic re-creation...

JLI should've been one of my top 10 books, but sadly it settled more in my "don't hate it enough to drop it" pile... let's hope there is a strong sendoff, an exciting replacement and a future revival for the team that'll return it to glory...

#25 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@ReVamp said:

Hawkman, Legion, Justice League International but they just are too "meh" and you have books which are straight up horrible, like Justice League. (Which is ironic)

I got big into Legion a few years ago, read the Great Darkness Saga (an absolute classic) and the Geoff Johns Superman/Legion stuff, but that's about the only stuff I've read thoroughly enjoyed. The 2010 Legion of Superheroes was really lack-luster.

Haven't read the former.

Forget the fact opinions can't be wrong, you're opinion is wrong. xP.

#26 Posted by Baddamdog (2212 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Dernman (15715 posts) - - Show Bio

They spent more time inserting hidden jabs messages to the fans then they did trying to make it interesting.

#28 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@John Valentine said:

@ReVamp said:

Haven't read the former.

What don't you like about it?

Justice League had been terrible for years. Dwayne McDuffie, no thanks.

#29 Posted by Jonni_Beretta (17 posts) - - Show Bio

am i the only one here who actually likes JLI? Id love a Booster gold series again but this isnt that bad, theres some interesting things going on and im actually excited to see if Booster and Godiva hook up. Godiva is a great character in my opinion

#30 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@ReVamp said:

@John Valentine said:

@ReVamp said:

Haven't read the former.

What don't you like about it?

Justice League had been terrible for years. Dwayne McDuffie, no thanks.

Everything feels wrong. Bad. Horrible. Forced. Characterization. Relationships. It wasn't that bad up until the 6th issue ended, but the very last one blew my mind.

#31 Posted by Dernman (15715 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jonni_Beretta: I thought it was ok but could have been better. There just things that irked me.
#32 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35008 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baddamdog said:

" Considering the most recent Diamond sales estimateshave the book far from the least-selling DC title, the ending is most likely story driven..." - CBR

this is what I'v been trying to say
#33 Posted by Jonni_Beretta (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree its not the best comic like scotts Batman series but i was hoping it atleast could have been given more time considering theres worse titles in the new 52. But atleast it could prompt a new Booster gold series. Shazam would be awesome too

#34 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12589 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would they make an annual for a book they're going to cancel? I don't think it's the final issue. It doesnt say so on the newsarama solicit article.

#35 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp:

Did you ever read "Cry for Justice"?

#36 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12589 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@ReVamp:

HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. NEVER MENTION THAT BOOK EVER.

#37 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

How did this team go so horribly wrong after the brilliant, emotional wringer that was Generation Lost?  Whose idea was it to take DCs underdog team and turn them into clownish, UN sponsored version of the regular JLA?

I'm so mad, I could write an angry letter.

#38 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@ReVamp:

Yes I have. It was bad. But in a completely different way. One had plot lines that were editor-made and were stupid, whilst the other had a fine plot but bad writing.

#39 Posted by BigBDawg (263 posts) - - Show Bio

@WildStyle: I agree. To be honest, maybe the New 52 ruined the JLI, considering Judd Winick did an awesome job from what I've heard of Justice League: Generation Lost. Plus as said, there was a perfect team with it.

#40 Posted by blur1528 (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited to see how it ends and what comes next.

#41 Posted by Lord Shiva (806 posts) - - Show Bio

@blur1528 said:

I'm excited to see how it ends and what comes next.

It's been awhile so I'm guessing DC doesn't have a place for the JLI.....:(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.