Follow

Justice League International

Team » Justice League International appears in 469 issues.

Sanctioned by the United Nations, the Justice League International is designed to be a publicly accountable answer to the Justice League.

Did anyone else notice the "hidden" message in JLI #1?

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Fantasgasmic

It was the not at all subtle message of what DC thinks about its readers.   

Edit- I tried to hide an image behind a spoiler tag, but I'm saying F**K IT and just posting the image since I've tried 3 times now, and sometimes it even eats the rest of my post. 
     Last chance to not keep scrolling.... 

No Caption Provided
     Seriously Whiskey Media coding peeps, spoiler tags need to be fixed up. 80% of the time I try and use them, they eat my entries and show up as a link to the top of the page, about 10% of the time they don't show up at all.
    TheOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By TheOptimist

This was actually my favorite part of the issue. I've always been a fan of the creative critique of fandom, particularly the mocking aspect of characters like SBP. Of course, that didn't earn him too much love, nor will this take likely make former Bwahas any more settled on the new status quo. It'll be interesting to see how far they carry this out of text metaphor, given the critical nature of this particular scene to the explosive development of the issue. Fairly enough, I see the message here as being that negativity unaddressed can be suppressed only to the point of destructive retaliation. 

The selection scene carried a similar creator/fandom aspect as well.

Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Larkin1388

This is why i read Marvel.

labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By labarith

Because Marvel cares about their audience, doesn't reset their universe every 2 months, or has compelling real world characters?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @labarith said:
    Because Marvel cares about their audience, doesn't reset their universe every 2 months, or has compelling real world characters?
    Are you being sarcastic or serious? I can't tell. Is this a comment on what DC does or what Marvel does? 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty

1, The new spoiler tag isn't meant to hide images. 

2, A comic writer is having a dig at obsessive fans on the internet?  Oh the humanity...
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#7  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @xerox_kitty said:
    1, The new spoiler tag isn't meant to hide images.  2, A comic writer is having a dig at obsessive fans on the internet?  Oh the humanity...
    this. 

he;; us viners do it all the damn time
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By John Valentine
    @labarith said:
    SPOILER ALERT! 

I don't know about you, but I can't relate to about 99% of the Marvel Universe…..
    Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
    deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@John Valentine said:

@labarith said:
    SPOILER ALERT!

Marvel doesn't care about you. Marvel just wants your money.
    I don't know about you, but I can't relate to about 99% of the Marvel Universe…..

that spoilers too old to be a spoiler, lol. totally agree, but I still read a handful of titles, like x-men and anything wolverine based, also deadpool and avengers, just because you cant read marvel and not keep up on avengers. DP is the one thing DC has nothing on in terms of comic relief and action melding, they end up with cornballs like stink bug or whatever he was, the green bug from doom patrol. even with that in mind though, they still don't hit the ground enough, too in the clouds.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.