Its being cancelled!

#1 Posted by krspaceT (1509 posts) - - Show Bio
Boo Hoo....I can't get a series

But unlike Static or O.M.A.C (Poor guy...can't get into any comic without it getting canceled) , its not a popularity thing.....its hinted to be personal.

Why? Also, why isn't there a news article about this?

#2 Posted by lronMan (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Dan Jurgens writing is so bad on this comic I'm surprised it has lasted this long.

#3 Posted by krspaceT (1509 posts) - - Show Bio

@lronMan: Its not that bad.....not Aquaman but its not total trash

#4 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

Bout Time!......um sorry for your loss.

#5 Posted by longbowhunter (7733 posts) - - Show Bio

I only read the first issue, but I've gotta say I hated it. Love Booster madly and therefore Dan Jurgens as well. The new JLI was just not up to par with its previous incarnations. I'm surprised this is the only cancellation.

#6 Posted by FrankenKong (234 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad they are ending it. That whole explosion really did destroy the team and the comic itself. Booster should have a slot with the Justice League and a few of the other crew should be in a new comic. I'm surprised there isn't news about JLD. Since they offed Shade there isn't much fun left in them either.

#7 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2137 posts) - - Show Bio

Ummmm source?

#8 Posted by Billy Batson (58345 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Mighty Monarch said:

Ummmm source?

google it.
BB

#9 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

I skimmed issue 5. I didn't even hold issue 5 in my hands for thirty seconds, and I could tell that JLI was bad.

#10 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2137 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok I just did. That's.... bizarre. It seems like its undergoing a very quiet cancellation, woulnd't they want to hype its replacement? Or at least I figured they'd wait until the 'Third Wave' which shouldn't be until the 16th issues. And what, they're giving it an Annual right before ending it? I guess to finish out the storyline, but they couldn't have just done that in 4 more issues and given it a proper rest like whatever other series will maybe end in that time?

It just seemed like, with the New 52 came a more organized approach to their line. Series cancelled and replaced in groups. Series maintaining set 'Weeks of release' in the month. This just seems very out of place in the new m.o. of the company.

#11 Posted by The Stegman (26051 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm, seems like there's more than meets the eye to this news...

#12 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Not surprised.

#13 Posted by NewKid (367 posts) - - Show Bio

it's getting rebranded into a team with Booster, Batwing and Martian Manhunter.

#14 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

This series was terrible. The only good thing about it was Booster Gold.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.