Follow

Justice League: Generation Lost

Volume »

A twenty-four issue bi-weekly miniseries featuring the former members of Justice League International and the schemes of the resurrected Maxwell Lord.

Review: Justice League Generation Lost #7

Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman
    No Caption Provided
    While the the JLE's having no luck in changing the world's mind about the existence of Maxwell Lord, they decide to take a new approach to getting into Checkmate's secure facility - - misdirection. 

The Good   

It's a funny and sensible ruse for this unofficial JLE to hoodwink Checkmate's savy defenses by pretending to be radical communist Rocket Reds. I especially love the guards' consternation about being accused of being anti-communists. I've also been enjoying the logic and reason the team's pitting against this nightmarish fantasy situation they've been thrust into - - how they're testing the parameters of just how extensively the rest of the worlds forgotten about Max Lord. Bennett's art here too is some rare work where you're just feeling all corners. He never skimps on the detail for the scenery and it always contributes to the storytelling in every panel. It just feels fleshed out.

The Bad   

The deliberate pacing on this is something of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it allows for more detailed character exploration and a modest tone that reflects these characters experience as C-listers who're in an overwhelming situation where everything takes a lot more time and effort than the regular Justice League would have to go through. On the other hand, the title's taken its time to get these characters trying to infiltrate Checkmate.

The Verdict - 4.5/5  

Every two weeks, I'm looking forward to reading this comic. DC's been experimenting with weekly and bi-weekly content for the past few years and this is definitely one of the best executions of that publishing model. It never feels rushed and, in fact, it feels a lot more polished than other DC titles that are coming out on a less-frequent basis. I'm running out of praise to level on this. Suffice it to say, you'd do well to pick this comic up.    
    renetetrault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By renetetrault

Great review, I wasn't sure about this series when I first heard about it, but I've been loving every book so far, especially #6 with the Captain Atom story

Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By Pizawle

Has become an excellent series. Looking forward to reading this one.

Crimson Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Crimson Eagle

I love the generation lost series.

Aquamariner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Aquamariner

Good to know it's still good. Ever since issue #1 I've believed this series is even better than Brightest Day itself. Now BD is finally picking up speed, but JL: Generation Lost is still better in many aspects. Deffinitely picking it up...no doubt 

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Legacy_

Great read and theres a traitor amongst the team!!  I got the Maxwell Lord, White Lantern variant which was bad-ass

Sir Duke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6  Edited By Sir Duke

It's the JLI (Justice League International) not the JLE

daken_2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By daken_2513

I like series a lot its got a cool lineup esp. Booster Gold and Capt Atom
    Skies327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Skies327

This really has been one of my favorite books lately. Hopefully it keeps going strong as it and Brightest Day as a whole progress.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By longbowhunter

I liked Bea and Tora' s brief discussion about Booster somehow managing to become the leader of the group. Despite the pacing, this is a really great title. Between this and Booster Gold's ongoing title I'm getting 3 doses of JLI every month. It's like a dream come true!!!
    CHERP0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By CHERP0

Favorite DC book right now.  Winick does a great job with these characters especially Booster and Rocket Red.  Bump Fist!!

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Video_Martian

Man, Fire sure looks HOT in that pic! =) ya get it? "hot"...

mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By mattydeNero

This could easliy be the best book DC is putting out currently.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.