Follow

Justice League Dark

Team » Justice League Dark appears in 266 issues.

The Justice League Dark is a team of supernatural heroes within the DC Universe assembled to fight mystical threats that traditional heroes can't handle ordinarily. The team is typically led by the sorceress, Zatanna.

Who should join the JLD?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ComicStooge

I think Etrigan, Swamp Thing and Black Adam would make good editions to the team, personally.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Peter Milligan!

But in all seriousness, Ragman and Nightshade would be my first choices.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By colonyofcells

Maybe there should be 2 magic teams. A vertigo Dark team and a Justice League magic team. The vertigo characters are in the Vertigo Dark team such as Swamp thing, Constantine, Animal Man, Black Orchid, tim hunter, dr occult, etc. The Justice League magic team has Zatanna, Madame Xanadu, Demon, Zauriel, Deadman, Amethyst, I Vampire characters, enchantress, phantom stranger, spectre, main earth dr fate, etc.

Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Rabidwolfdog

I would like to see Midnighter and Sandman on the team

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By colonyofcells

I think dc should use the Morpheus character more in the comics plus Endless.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss Black Alice and Misfit.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By colonyofcells

Lucifer should also have his own superhero team.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Simon Dark.

No Caption Provided

He'd be a magical powerhouse, and him meeting and talking to Frankenstein would be pretty interesting, considering he's basically a teen Frankenstein's Monster.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lucifier Morningstar doesn't even resemble is Pre-Reboot self.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter Milligan!

QFT! I don't know why so many people hate on his run. I think it was actually good dark and creepy like any book with Vertigo characters should be. It got my friend crying and freaked out (the panel in I think it was #3 with Shade's crazy ass gf and her twisted body). Your choices are pretty sound too

Maybe there should be 2 magic teams. A vertigo Dark team and a Justice League magic team. The vertigo characters are in the Vertigo Dark team such as Swamp thing, Constantine, Animal Man, Black Orchid, tim hunter, dr occult, etc. The Justice League magic team has Zatanna, Madame Xanadu, Demon, Zauriel, Deadman, Amethyst, I Vampire characters, enchantress, phantom stranger, spectre, main earth dr fate, etc.

I think the characters you listed could be interchangeable. Madame Xanadu held her own Vertigo title for 2 years before the reboot. Etrigan and Anthony Bennett could just as easily be in a Hellblazer type book. The Phantom Stranger, Spectre etc have appeared in Vertigo too.

THE DEMON KNIGHTS NEED A NEW HOME!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

Peter Milligan!

QFT! I don't know why so many people hate on his run. I think it was actually good dark and creepy like any book with Vertigo characters should be. It got my friend crying and freaked out (the panel in I think it was #3 with Shade's crazy ass gf and her twisted body). Your choices are pretty sound too

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@colonyofcells said:

I don't know what he was like before but he doesn't seem very strong now.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@dernman said:

@comicstooge said:

@colonyofcells said:

I don't know what he was like before but he doesn't seem very strong now.

He was the second most powerful being along with his brother after God.

BB

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

Peter Milligan!

I wonder how would your friend react to his Hellblazer, Shade or any of his creepy Vertigo series.

BB

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billy_batson: That's a huge drop if you look at his appearances in the 52.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billy_batson: Heheh. I took her to Forbidden Planet and she saw a Dead Space action figure. She broke down in the store. Did not rep our sex particularly well that day.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@billy_batson: That's a huge drop if you look at his appearances in the 52.

I know right. I remember Morpheus and entire pantheons being terrified of him. Now he's scared of Cain. Really?! Pretty boy "glow in the dark" vampire? (I'm sorry that was low. Cain's a cool vamp) What was he afraid of? Overpopulation? (I still love Venditti though)

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@dernman: Essentially you get DC Lucifer's entire story if you read Sandman: Seasons of Mist and the spin-off Lucifer series. In Demon Knights there are some links to his old incarnation (that he is really bored with Hell), but that's about it. The pre-reboot version would be a very redundant addition, partially because he's way past the Spectre's power level and one of the few things that outranks even the Endless. Also, he is n'th level manipulative so he'd be competing with Constantine for that, difference is that Lucifer never actually lies to people, he tells them a truth and then watches them make a mess of it on their own.

But for quite a lot of these 'who do you want on this team' and especially this one, I'd really want Raven on this team for the following reasons.

• Like most of the team (especially under Milligan) she has her mental issues, and more established ones than those of Zatanna which never went anywhere
    • It would, hopefully explain what Trigons presence means to magicians and mystics, because although they knew he was there, Trigon in the past never really seemed to exist for the likes of Zatanna, Shazam and Dr. Fate or even Hell itself where the Reign in Hell story didn't even mention him. That said I dont need an issue to explain it, a simple line like Constantine saying; "Satan from the Hell of another dimension." would be enough.
    • Her psionic/empathic powers could prove useful since Mindwarp and the crackpot bailed along with Milligan, leaving the team mostly without those abilities (even if they aren't essential for it to work)
    • It is way past time Raven departed the pages of Teen Titans because it just appears the writers over there can only tell one story of Raven being victimized by something thats connected to Trigon. And it would be nice to see her being exposed to the rest of the DCU's magical corner, since it rarely visited the Titan Ballpark.
    • Think of the interactions, sharing poetry and classical literature with Frankenstein, putting down Deadman's jokes, Constantines potentially endless line of traits and habits that would annoy her...

All of that is ofc based on the pre-New 52 version of Raven, which I am not sure yet if she has survived into the New 52 since Lobdell appears to wants her to rule both the Earth and whatever realm Trigon rules over. But hey, a different writer might make a different tale.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dernman

@outside_85: I don't mind them changing the character because it's the new 52 but he should be one of the top dogs power wise and competing shouldn't be something that matters to him. Though if you had to there should be others he would have to deal with. Trigon, Blaze, Lord Satanis and other Hell Lords.

Anyway I would like to see 52 Blue Devil replace Frank.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Outside_85

@dernman: I dont mind changes either, unless they result in what I end up thinking as steps backward... but that said, there's really not that much room for improvement when you are coming from a Neil Gaiman interpretation that's just so much better than everyone else's idea. As for competing, you are right, it's not something Lucifer would think of as competition, but for us readers it's perhaps a little boring if we have to see him and Constantine trying to out-con one another again and again. It was pretty awesome in the Constantine movie that he managed it, but Lu was only in it for something like 5 minutes. (and perhaps just my point, Lucifer is too big of a character to be on a team, he's a great guest but not mainstay material)

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I think you misunderstand my vision of what I want from the character. Also I never suggested him or would want him on the JLD team.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By DEADPOOL
    Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Does anyone believe that Etrigan may be gaining traction to join this title with his appearance in the new Swamp Thing annual?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
    deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want Shade the Changing Man back on this book. I think he's a really interesting character who's never really had a shot at stardom.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I think Etrigan, Swamp Thing and Black Adam would make good editions to the team, personally.

bring in the greek pantheon and make them the creme de la creme of villains and then add WW to be the leader of the group

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.