Follow

Justice League Dark

Team » Justice League Dark appears in 266 issues.

The Justice League Dark is a team of supernatural heroes within the DC Universe assembled to fight mystical threats that traditional heroes can't handle ordinarily. The team is typically led by the sorceress, Zatanna.

Jeff Lemire Takes Over JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK

• 70 results
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#51  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @pspin said:
    So is Deadman DC's wolverine? It seems like he is everywhere but he seems a lot less interesting.
    He's only in one and a half books
    zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By zackattack529

when he says he'll be adding team members PLEASE dont put batman! lol. i mean i love the guy but cmon he's in enough titles.

my suggestions would be Animal man, doctor fate(with a cool new 52 look) azreal, phantom stranger or hell..id even go with swamp thing haha every team needs there normal human/monster inside guy

league of extrodinary gentlman - dr jeckyl mr hyde

avengers - HULK

etc etc. lol

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By Bestostero

Hopefully Stormwatch will be better, Justice League Dark has been pretty ok imo although i havent picked it up as of late, no money honey!!!

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Or35ti

Cool news! and Paul Cornell is shining on Demon Knights so no one gets completely axed from DC! I hope this means that Stormwatch can start to live up to its potential, it can still be such a great book

GarryDH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By GarryDH

So many changes! Since most of the writer shuffling is happening on books I like but don't love I can get behind it. And it sounds like everyone is staying on DC's roster which is always nice. I guess I'll keep getting the books to see if I dig their new directions...

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Skaddix

@zackattack529 said:

when he says he'll be adding team members PLEASE dont put batman! lol. i mean i love the guy but cmon he's in enough titles.

my suggestions would be Animal man, doctor fate(with a cool new 52 look) azreal, phantom stranger or hell..id even go with swamp thing haha every team needs there normal human/monster inside guy

league of extrodinary gentlman - dr jeckyl mr hyde

avengers - HULK

etc etc. lol

Azrael and Phantom Stranger I could see but Doc Fate has to be on Earth 2 with JSA. Also I doubt Animal Man and Swamp Thing.

Avatar image for technicolorville
    Technicolorville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By Technicolorville

Wow. Lemire replacing the writing, hoping great stuff. JLD issue 5 kept me wondering what's going to be happening next, it was interesting. The team Madame Xanadu created just disbanded and Enchantress regained her sanity. I wonder, what will be the new source of chaos that will keep the book intriguing.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#58  Edited By the_tree

Hope he bring his Animal Man greatness of writing to JLD, because I heavily disliked Frankenstein.

As far as additions to the Justice League Dark, I'd love Simon Dark, Xombi, or Azrael on the team.

And hopefully Milligan can make Stormwatch great, because so far it's only been average.

Gordo789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#59  Edited By Gordo789

Good news. I haven't really enjoyed this first story arc on JLD that much. I really do like Lemire's Animal Man, but was kind of burnt by Frankenstein. I hope that he can bring his A-game to JLD.

mrzero1982pt2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By mrzero1982pt2

it looks like DC is going to have one awesome line this year.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By Imagine_Man15

@SexualLobster: I'm not all that educated about Marvel, but if it answers your question, Justice League Dark is a series about darker, supernatural-themed heroes who deal with supernatural and paranormal threats. In tone, its one of the darkest books DC is putting out, and its awesome.

TheOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#62  Edited By TheOptimist

The other day, I was thinking to myself that it was a shame that Jeff Lemire would never write a Justice League book, because the title would be a little too mainstream and wouldn't match the style of books that Lemire has flourished on... well played universe. You've made me very happy. The fact that Milligan is moving to Stormwatch is just an added plus. Off the top of my head I don't know quite enough about Kindt, although I am reading his Robotman is My Greatest Adventure. I am (apparently one of the few) a tad sad about Cornell departing Stormwatch... although I'll be happy for the new direction. Hopefully Cornell can move on to another book alongside Demon Knights and Saucer County, one where his considerable talents can be well applied.

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

#63  Edited By MatKrenz

If Kid Eternity is one of the new members I will be forever in Lemire's debt. It is sad that Milligan is leaving since I think he did a good job with the first arc but Lemire is somebody I will certainly become a fan of in the future very easily, so bring it on.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By iaconpoint

IN! IN! IN! Hellz ya!

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By GalacticPunt

At first this shuffling seems like panic, but it actually makes sense the more I think about it.

Cornell's Demon Knights is great but his Stormwatch wasn't engaging at all. Rotate Milligan in and maybe he can right the ship. Maybe Cornell writes one less book, or maybe he's secretly got a Shining Knight miniseries green-lit.

Milligan's JL Dark started great, but started treading water in issues 3 and 4. Give Jeff Lemire a crack at it, to pick up the pace again.

Lemire has been kicking ass with both Animal Man and Frankenstein, but he'd now be stretched too thin. I hadn't heard of Kindt before today, but I hadn't heard of Lemire before the reboot either! It's a smart move to finally add some new blood to DC's stable, and a Sweet Tooth collaborator to boot.

Not that I'm saying that DC's management is perfect. I cannot facepalm hard enough at the state Detective Comics and The Dark Knight are in, but they star Batman, so they sell no matter what.

Avatar image for apatheticavenger
    ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#66  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

Hmm, this is a series that I'm surprised I haven't picked up yet.

ThePilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ThePilot

What! I just dropped this book. Oh well gues I'll just have to shell out and extra $3

Avatar image for differentdoorknobs
    differentdoorknobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm wondering if they'll bring Jason Blood into it. But I can't think of a non-magic user who'd be useful (unless it's someone like Martian Manhunter, who has incredible abilities that would be considered innate talents rather than "magic").

Ooh! Ragman would be incredible! (I'm a huge fan of his!)

I'm trying to think of magic-using women that haven't already been used: Gypsy...maybe Cyclone (sorta magic?).

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Skaddix

@MatKrenz said:

If Kid Eternity is one of the new members I will be forever in Lemire's debt. It is sad that Milligan is leaving since I think he did a good job with the first arc but Lemire is somebody I will certainly become a fan of in the future very easily, so bring it on.

Not sure he is dark enough for this team. I could see Black Alice as a teen.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70  Edited By CATPANEXE

I don't think people should worry about the sudden changes first off. I think many off the opening gambits where just that, and a lot only intended for a limited engagement unless something happened to change that fact. This was sort of experimental ground as well, so we were bound to see immediate changes and everyone trying to find their footing. The whole en-devour was an immediate change as you all know, and you all bought it and seem pleased with it happening, so why get curdled when more sudden changes happen? They are trying to be inventive in a bad market after all. As for the switch, sounds fine. I'm more than happy with a person of Jeff's vision grabbing more push within the company as well.

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#71  Edited By cosmo111687

@pspin said:

So is Deadman DC's wolverine? It seems like he is everywhere but he seems a lot less interesting.

Not really. He was in three titles, Hawk & Dove, DC Universe Presents, and JL: Dark, but with Hawk & Dove cancelled and his run on DC Universe Presents over, he's only in one story now.

Sad to see Peter Milligan go. But I love Jeff Lemire and hope to see good things come from this.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By Eyz

@cosmo111687 said:

@pspin said:

Not really. He was in three titles, Hawk & Dove, DC Universe Presents, and JL: Dark, but with Hawk & Dove cancelled and his run on DC Universe Presents over, he's only in one story now.

Sad to see Peter Milligan go. But I love Jeff Lemire and hope to see good things come from this.

Come on guys, DC's Wolverine obviously Batman (and vice-versa)

Bats in around 20 books of the 52 total no less~

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By unicornpuncher

I just dropped this title last month. I really like all the characters in it, but it was just too slow.

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Justice League Dark is freaking awesome, and i can't wait for #9 then, since Animal Man was sooooo good. On another note, they said that a new hero, one male and one female would be joining the team, and that the male uses Magic.... hmmmm, can that be Shazam??? they are making a dark story for him in the backups of Justice league after all, so that would be pretty freaking sick.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.