Follow

Justice League Dark

Team » Justice League Dark appears in 266 issues.

The Justice League Dark is a team of supernatural heroes within the DC Universe assembled to fight mystical threats that traditional heroes can't handle ordinarily. The team is typically led by the sorceress, Zatanna.

Favourite Justice League Dark Writer/Run.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Poll Favourite Justice League Dark Writer/Run. (15 votes)

Peter Milligan - #1-8 53%
    Jeff Lemire - #9-14, #0, Annual #1 13%
    Ray Fawkes & Jeff Lemire - #15-21 7%
    Don't Care/Just Want To See The Answers. 27%

Hi Everyone.

With the news of JM DeMatteis taking over the writing of the series with #25, I was just wondering who has been the most popular writer so far.

And does anyone hope JM DeMatteis' run will be similar to any of the previous ones so far, or would you prefer a new take on things?

For me, I think the Peter Milligan issues were best. I liked the dark tone, the character line-up and the lack of government interference. The original point of the series(which seems to have been forgotten) was interesting too, the idea that the 6 original members would have to stay and work together or bad things would happen.

The Jeff Lemire issues were mostly pretty good, but quite different to the Peter Milligan ones, and the Ray Fawkes issues have been a bit disappointing, with The Death Of Magic being the lowest point of the series.

These are just my opinions though. What do you think?

Scarlotte.

• 
    lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

1-8 was freakin awesome! The shade is cool, i love the effects his coat makes. Its all psychodelic. Zatanna is the main reason i began picking this up. I hate to be judging her character by her appearence, but i have loved every single one of her costumes, especially her new one. Even her face looks beautiful. I hoped that the artist and the writer would have continue to stay with that title for several years since they were doing extraordinary work.

Did I forget to mention that zatanna looks like phoebe kates! Lol

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeboy: Yeah, Zatanna was the main reason I started getting it too, but I quickly got interested in some of the other characters.

It annoys me that the line-up seems to be changing again.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

Geez, I thought that Milligan was still on this title.

Can DC get anyone to stick around longer than 10 issues?

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish he was. I think it would have been better if he'd stayed on.

I know of a few, but I don't know how many there actually are. I wonder which New 52 series has had the most writers.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

I wish he was. I think it would have been better if he'd stayed on.

I know of a few, but I don't know how many there actually are. I wonder which New 52 series has had the most writers.

This was the one series that I was actually interested in (other than Morrison's stuff). I was considering getting the trade. Milligan leaving has really turned me off though.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I prefered Milligan.His issues were really dark and I liked them a lot.As much as I love Lemire I don't like his take of the book.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: I think this is the only thing I've read of his. What would you recommend as his better works?

@fadetoblackbolt: The first arc is well written, a good story, and the art is some of the best of the series. I'd maybe recommend it as a stand alone thing, but I can see how knowing that the tone changes soon after could be off-putting. The Jeff Lemire issues aren't terrible, but it's more "Justice League Magic" than "Justice League Dark". Even Mikel Janin said that he started using brighter colours when Jeff Lemire took over and things changed.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Preferred Milligan since he didn't seem to care about the 'Justice League' part of the name... which just seems to mean Superhero

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By TDK_1997

@v_scarlotte_rose: His current run on Green Arrow,Sweet Tooth(which was astounding in my opinion) and most definitely his Animal Man run.I have heard that Essex County is also pretty good but I still haven't read it.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preferred Milligan since he didn't seem to care about the 'Justice League' part of the name... which just seems to mean Superhero

I think they didn't even use the name in the series when he was still writing. The first use of the name during Jeff Lemires run seemed quite forced.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.