Follow

Justice League Dark

Team » Justice League Dark appears in 266 issues.

The Justice League Dark is a team of supernatural heroes within the DC Universe assembled to fight mystical threats that traditional heroes can't handle ordinarily. The team is typically led by the sorceress, Zatanna.

DEMATTEIS to take over JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blkson

Courtesy of CBR

Although he's already taken on "Larfleeze" and "Trinity of Sin: Phantom Stranger," J.M. DeMatteis will take on a whole new side of the DC Universe in November. CBR News can exclusively announce that DeMatteis, paired with artist Mikel Janin, will take over "Justice League Dark" from current writer Jeff Lemire in November, starting with issue #25. DeMatteis joins the book following Ray Fawkes' single issue of the series in October.

DeMatteis is also slated to debut the highly-anticipated "Justice League 3000" ongoing series along with co-writer Keith Giffen in October. Although the writing duo were scheduled to begin the series with fellow "Justice League" collaborator Kevin Maguire, the artist revealed yesterday that he would no longer be drawing the book.

Check out the solicitation info and an exclusive first look at Mikel Janin's cover for DeMatteis' debut issue of "Justice League Dark" below.

I'll maybe give it a few issues, but I'm not liking all of these creative changes.What do you all think?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

It was only a matter of time before Lamire had leave something

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was only a matter of time before Lamire had leave something

I guess Lemire was only there to build up to and write the Trinity War crossover.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Hopefully the title actually gets "DARK" again. Like Milligan-Dark

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
    RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I dropped this during the Death of Magic arc but I might have to pick it up again...

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By the_tree

I'll stick around to see how DeMatteis does. I can't wait to see what Lemire's next DC project is, he said it'll be announced at Fan Expo Canada.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well I'm kind of glad Ray Fawkes is leaving. His issues with Jeff Lemire have been probably the least good so far.

The price being raised, and the fact that it seems to be just John Constantine and Swamp Thing involved is off-putting though.

I'll have to keep an eye on the solicits for the following months to see if I'm going to continue with the series.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

Well I'm kind of glad Ray Fawkes is leaving. His issues with Jeff Lemire have been probably the least good so far.

The price being raised, and the fact that it seems to be just John Constantine and Swamp Thing involved is off-putting though.

I'll have to keep an eye on the solicits for the following months to see if I'm going to continue with the series.

You don't sound very happy about the change to DeMatteis though. What do you think of him?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@akindoodle: I'm not sure if I've read any of his work. I'll have to check my collection to see if I have anything of his.

I've just been losing enthusiasm for the series, and I'm not sure if a change of writer will necessarily save it for me. I'm hoping for the best, but I don't know what to expect.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Hopefully the title actually gets "DARK" again. Like Milligan-Dark

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I like DeMatteis ok. But with the price bump to $3.99 I'm walking away.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have read a few issues of Phantom Stranger and it'll be interesting to see what Dematteis does with this series, but I hate the price bump. I'll give it a few issues but I might drop it too. Been on the fence about the series for a while now.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Lemire's first arc on the book with Felix Faust was great. But it's been pretty downhill from there. It's strange they're losing a high profile writer and similtaniously raising the price.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I love Lemire but his JLD hasn't been as good as Milligan's run and I really want to see this book become dark again.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Akindoodle

@v_scarlotte_rose: Oh well. Hopefully it's about magic and demons and monsters again. Especially now that Demon Knights is officially over. NO MORE STEVE TREVOR, he's got enough face time now

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.