inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The Good

Wonder Woman seeks out the Justice League Dark in hopes they have the answer to why Superman killed Doctor Light. Each member of all the Justice Leagues pick sides to who they think is in the right in this exciting issue.

Holy moly! I've been a fan, so far, with what's going on in the Trinity War, but this issue just gave "Trinity War" a whole new meaning. The teams have all chosen new sides. While the title "Trinity War" felt like it was a war mainly involving Pandora, Phantom Stranger, and The Question, we can see now this may boil down to a war between Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman. The crossover between the teams makes sense, and more importantly, it works. My biggest concern was how the JLD was going to fit into this event. The way they fit in is ok and feels a tad forced, but the outcome from this issue and how the JLD plays into it is what I found to be fantastic.

I'm slowly turning around on Wonder Woman. She's never been a character I've enjoyed, but I feel the same way about most characters tied into myth (Ares, Thor, Hercules, etc). Her main series has been great, but I actually found myself loving her depiction here. There's quite the connection between her and Superman in the JUSTICE LEAGUE series, and we get to see that here. She will do whatever it takes to get to the bottom of this, even if it means harming heroes she thinks are standing in her way. She truly cares for Superman, and it shows here.

Mikel Janin has been my favorite artist on this story so far. I love how he draws Superman, and I love the colors Jeromy Cox uses. The depictions of Superman, Wonder Woman, and Phantom Stranger are by far my favorites... especially Wonder Woman. I feel like we're seeing these characters in a brand new light visually. It's so smooth and crisp. The art is insanely clean. It's one of the big reasons why I love reading JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK so much. There's one scene, in particular, with a powered-up Supes, with his eyes glowing, that looks spectacular.

This just keeps getting better and better. The last page is one heck of a reveal. Without spoiling anything, this is a big game changer and it will change how we think about one of our heroes. I cannot wait for the next issue. This is the most fun I've had reading an event book since Civil War.

The Bad

Aquaman is in this issue, but he doesn't really do anything. If you're reading the AQUAMAN book, he's in the middle of something pretty important right now. He feels like he doesn't serve a purpose other than just being there. Yes, he's a Justice League member, but it feels like he doesn't fit in this book or story.

I thought The Question only spoke in questions. There's a few moments where he just makes regular old statements. I'm a bit confused by this.

The Verdict

Trinity War is awesome. I'm super-pleased with how this event is going. This issue really defines what the title Trinity War means and where it's going. I loved Lemire's and Janin's depiction of Wonder Woman and Superman here. JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK continues to be my favorite team book, and the tie-in works so well. I had a couple of minor complaints about The Question and Aquaman's involvement, but aside from that, this was one fantastic issue.

Overall, I highly recommend you pick this and the rest of Trinity War up.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

I loved how everyone set aside their differences to tell Waller to go to hell. It felt like DC again.

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The art was godlike.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

this is not on my pull I gotta get to the comic store asap.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 inferiorego  Staff

I loved how everyone set aside their differences to tell Waller to go to hell. It felt like DC again.

like button

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Squalleon

Can someone answer me how does Constanine control everyone who invites in the House of Mystery?
    @inferiorego: i need help!

dbullo22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every time wonder woman wants to ask a question.... laso around the neck

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By UltimateSMfan

@citizenbane said:

this, really loved the heroes working together! now maybe Waller will get depressed and develop an eating disorder and the art was insanely awesome!

@dbullo22 said:

Every time wonder woman wants to ask a question.... laso around the neck

helps get the truth out faster maybe.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thank god I read justice league 22, or else it would of been spoiled with this review. Can't to read JLD!!!

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SO GOOD! This series is incredibly entertaining so far - and my god does it have cliffhangers.

I also agree that this feels a lot like Civil War, in terms of the plot (teams split), writing talent (so far, all 3 issues have been great), and overall excitement.

One last thing...I'm definitely on #teambatman...where does your allegiance lie, @inferiorego?

millennium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By millennium

@squalleon: its one of the rules of the house if john (or how ever controls the house) invites someone into the house they then can summon them back to the house

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@squalleon: its one of the rules of the house if john (or how ever controls the house) invites someone into the house they then can summon them back to the house

Thank you!!Just thank you I have been asking that question the whole day!

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbullo22:got any better ideas than the lasso of truth

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I thought DR.Psycho was that friendly little guy from Superboy, who's gonna be in Psi-war, or H.I.V.E war...whatever

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Amanda Waller was put in her place.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as I'm concerned The Question also speaking in regular sentences is a good thing. And so is this issue.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Cant wait to read it!

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hands down the best issue of the Trinity war thus far. I loved the team separations and all the confusion as well as the big middle finger to waller by well... Everyone. The last pages in each issue so far have felt so cinematic its crazy. I need to go back and get Constantine 5, I can't wait for the next part!

Event of the summer? Sounds accurate to me

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

definitely my favorite part of this issue

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@equonox: The team Batman is on is always the correct team.

QuantumVertex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I must say i am rather enjoying this event and it leaves me wanting more, i really enjoyed the Constantine tie in as well. I think this event is the set up for a full on Justice League in the near future since people are picking sides and putting aside their issues with each other!

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far, it looks like more of a war between Wonder Woman and Batman.

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
    manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Question doesn't speak only in questions. That's not his defining characteristic. He talks to himself but he's still able to have a conversation.

Also this issue was great.

And Janin knocked it out of the park on this one.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Man, I have to say I'm really enjoying Trinity War so far. The characters are actually acting intelligently, the mystery of what's going on with the villians is pretty fascinating and even the art has been solid from all three titles!

ZeusClap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TitanTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The art was godlike.

@tdk_1997 said:

Amanda Waller was put in her place.

@jldoom said:

Man, I have to say I'm really enjoying Trinity War so far. The characters are actually acting intelligently, the mystery of what's going on with the villians is pretty fascinating and even the art has been solid from all three titles!

All these!!! The books have been amazing, but this issue's art blew me away. This is my favorite issue of the trinity war out of the three and the tie-ins so far.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastic issue. This was my favorite of the Trinity War books so far. Leading up to this war we've all been wondering which one of the three trinities will be at war and this issue finally reveals that it's all three. The lines have finally been drawn and the trinity of heroes, trinity of sin, and trinity of leagues are all at war with each other simultaneously. Personally I'm more interested in The Question's side of things but that's just because he hasn't been in enough DC books since the New 52. I'm not sure who made the outline for this event but Jeff Lemire's writing is brilliant. He proves once again why he's currently one of the best DC writers. Can not wait to see more.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By nappystr8

While I would have hoped the story would have moved further by the half-way point, I really love the unique quality of what's going on. I was expecting the three Justice Leagues to be fighting against each other as a unit. Instead it has turned into a crazy super powered free for all where allegiances change every couple of pages. It wouldn't surprise me if by the end of Trinity War, the rosters of these three books shift significantly.

And Mikel Janin easily gives the event the best art it has had so far. And that is a ridiculously high bar to reach. Especially great considering Janin has been doing mostly breakdowns for the book lately.

crevicekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spoiler alert! Thanks for ruining another Justice League title I haven't read yet :-(

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Also Trinity War is actually pretty decent.After the first issue every character except Wonder Woman is acting more diplomatic and are pretty much doing the right thing.

Friskynesss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32  Edited By Friskynesss

I am enjoying the story. I thought it would just be League vs. League vs. League but no. I am surprised at every turn and the new team ups are an interesting mix.

Granted it does borrow concepts from Civil War - everyone is just doing what they think is right - but it feels different. Can't wait for what else happens down the road!

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gracetrack

@equonox said:

SO GOOD! This series is incredibly entertaining so far - and my god does it have cliffhangers.

I also agree that this feels a lot like Civil War, in terms of the plot (teams split), writing talent (so far, all 3 issues have been great), and overall excitement.

One last thing...I'm definitely on #teambatman...where does your allegiance lie, @inferiorego?

Team Bat and team Supes all the way. Wonder Woman is starting to get on my nerves with her whole "my way or the highway" attitude.

The fact that so many heroes went to her side just means I am going to relish the butt-kicking that Team Bats is going to dish out to them all the more.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 inferiorego  Staff

@equonox said:

I'm on team Wonder Woman. I feel like sometimes Batman does things for the "greater good" that ultimately hurt those around him. This is also the most invested, emotionally, I've ever been with a character [Wonder Woman].

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Equonox

@inferiorego said:

@equonox said:

I'm on team Wonder Woman. I feel like sometimes Batman does things for the "greater good" that ultimately hurt those around him. This is also the most invested, emotionally, I've ever been with a character [Wonder Woman].

Oh man...I agree with @omnicrono - Wonder Woman is the one here who seems to be too arrogant to make a smart decision here (especially when Phantom Stranger apparently knows that her plan is going to doom everyone). She just seems too...thickheaded, which is weird because I feel she was the exact opposite pre-Flashpoint.

To me, Batman is being more sensible and taking a more cautious approach (who knows - that may blow up in his face). Poor Supes...he's not really against anyone (yet) but he's taking all the flak, as far as blame goes.

Also, because I <3 bad guys (light side in KOTOR? What's that?), if it's possible I'd also like to be on #teamoutsider...lol

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@equonox said:

Oh man...I agree with @omnicrono - Wonder Woman is the one here who seems to be too arrogant to make a smart decision here (especially when Phantom Stranger apparently knows that her plan is going to doom everyone). She just seems too...thickheaded, which is weird because I feel she was the exact opposite pre-Flashpoint.

To me, Batman is being more sensible and taking a more cautious approach (who knows - that may blow up in his face). Poor Supes...he's not really against anyone (yet) but he's taking all the flak, as far as blame goes.

Also, because I <3 bad guys (light side in KOTOR? What's that?), if it's possible I'd also like to be on #teamoutsider...lol

Exactly this.

Squatch De Sas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. Thanks for all the kind words. It's one thing to see what goes into trying to produce a great read for everyone, but then to hear all the positive feedback and read about so many people enjoying it is completely rewarding.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.