ryonslaught's Justice League #2 - Justice League, Part Two review

• ryonslaught wrote this review on .
  • ryonslaught has written a total of 293 reviews. The last one was for

The Fight

View Summary and scans here

The Good

Origin- I must admit this new origin for Cyborg has me very interested and anticipating his technology coming out of this. Before he was an advanced cybernetic being largely earth based. Here he appears to have ties to Darkseid’s Apokalips technology. Huge upgrade! Can’t wait to see how this plays out.

Splash pages- This issue made great use of Splash pages to highlight the action.

Family-Cyborg is easily the most human of all the Justice League thus far and understandably so since he’s the only team member without his own ongoing series. Cyborg is an athlete, his dad a scientist, they don’t see eye to eye on anything. Neither considers what the other does important, they have differing world views…..it’s an all too familiar tale which I can relate to since my dad was more sports oriented while I was an indoors type (laugh). This is a great set up for both Victor and his father’s characters to grow from here, granted Vic’s dad doesn’t die.

Characterization- Batman the detective brain, Flash ad Green Lantern the old friends and Superman the wild card. This issue really does a great job of highlighting all the various personalities, something missing from team books like recent X-men r even justice League international. Here everyone is important to the tale, its nice having a small cast where personalities are at the center of the tale.

Action- More fights more explosions and more excitement. This issue racks up just about everything from the first issue to great effect!

Cover Art- Superman pummelling Batman while Green Lantern tries to separate the two not only fits the story contained with but also showcases the artistic strength of the aged like fine wine Jim Lee.

Interior Art- Still gorgeous

The Bad

Hero vs Hero stories are cliché at this point even if we do like to read them.

The Ugly