krakoa's Justice League #10 - The Villain's Journey, Chapter Two: The Belly of the Beast; The Curse of SHAZAM, Part 4 review

• krakoa wrote this review on .
  • krakoa has written a total of 204 reviews. The last one was for

The Newcomer's Perspective

I picked up only a handful of first issues when the new 52 started then completely fell away from it for a plethora of reasons. Now, approaching this via an issue purchased impulsively at the supermarket I'm a bit baffled. The main story features a Justice League I don't particularly care for. They're kinda moody and I'm not in love with the casual approach their taking to secrets about one another. Granted, I did pick up this issue mid-arc, and I've no one to blame for being lost but myself. This villain, Graves, isn't really frightening and because I'm kind of lost with his modus operandi I'm not interested. He seems pretty two dimensional. I honestly wasn't interested enough to want to come back for more, UNTIL I read the back up. Again, I'm coming to this mid arc, so some of the plot is lost in translation, but I like this Billy Batson. I like the art, and I think Johns' writing of "Shazam" is superior to the melodrama of the League. The ending of the Shazam story is great! Someone shows up, and man, it really made me want to pick up the next issue, skip the JL all together and go right for the Batson tale. Overall, in regards to this issue, I expected a bit more from DC's flagship book.

Other reviews for Justice League #10 - The Villain's Journey, Chapter Two: The Belly of the Beast; The Curse of SHAZAM, Part 4

Too Short 0

The Justice League: New 52 had a slow beginning. In fact, only the last issue really took off and had me psyched for what was to come.So when I picked up this comic after what felt like an eternity I can honestly say I was a bit disappointed. I was disappointed not because of the art, Jim Lee has continuously proved himself an excellent artist (one of my favourites) and it was not the JL content itself. I enjoyed the story within this issue and I am enjoying this story arc overall.I was just dis...