amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge's Justice League #1 - Justice League, Part One review

The Beginning of Anew

(I know it's been a month since this has been published, but I've been busy with school and buying and reading some of DC's new 52 comics).

When I first heard that DC was going to cancel all their books for 52 new books I was astonished when Geoff Johns and Jim Lee were going to start a book together. What better way to start off new books with an all-star writer with an all-star artist, am I right? When I think about the Justice League I mostly think about the team from the animated show (Justice League/JL Unlimited) with John Stewart, Wally West, J'onn J'onzz and Hawgirl...INSTEAD we get good old Hal Jordan, Barry Allen, AQUAMAN, CYBORG (who was withe Teen Titans) and more members yet to come.

Since the story takes place FIVE Years into the past, it's interesting when the heroes come together for the first. In the beginning of the story it's interesting to see Batman and Green Lantern together. For a moment I thought Johns was recreating a scene from ALL-STAR BATMAN & ROBIN the BOY WONDER (by FRANK MILLER and JIM LEE).

All-Star Batman
Justice League

So far, Johns and Lee make a great team as they make history (literally).

Posted by AirDave817

I had six weeks to read and re-read this issue before i was able to pick up the second issue. It really held up pretty well after the first read.