Robot Chicken Writer/Producer Creates Jughead Comic

Posted by G-Man (34459 posts) - - Show Bio
Everyone knows who Archie and Jughead are.  They obviously have different reading audiences compared to other mainstream comics.  Many readers will simply write off the Archie comics as too juvenile for their tastes.  But what will happen when Tom Root, the co-head writer and co-producer fo the Emmy Award-winning Robot Chicken, writes Jughead's 200th issue?

"Something Ventured, Something Gained" will take the Riverdale teens on their wildest ride ever.  Jughead trades his body's metabolism to a witch in exchange for an irresistible mega cheeseburger.  Everything goes bonkers from there.

“The Archie Comics characters are comedy icons,” said Root.  “Each character’s personality has been so well-defined over the course of nearly 70 years that it was a lot of fun to shake them up and present them with new challenges.  Mostly, though, I just wanted to write a funny issue.  I hope Archie fans like it!”

The book will also be available with Archie Comics' first-ever variant cover by noted comic artist and Jughead penciler, Rex Lindsey.  For every three regular issues purchased, the variant will be included free.  Jughead #200 will have a $2.50 price tag and will be available March 17, 2010.
Staff
#1 Posted by drawme (423 posts) - - Show Bio

I´m not an Archie fan.

#2 Posted by inferiorego (24845 posts) - - Show Bio

The guy who created Twisted Toyfare Theater is writing Jughead? I may have to read this.

Staff
#3 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd stick with TTT
#4 Posted by G-Man (34459 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to admit I'm curious to see what he'll add to Jughead.

Staff
#5 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Robot Chicken & Jughead aren't two names that usually feature in the same sentence :p

#6 Posted by manbat (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never heard of jughead until today

#7 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Those writers should be able to write something good.

#8 Posted by crazywolf (653 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't read Archie but this is interesting

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.