Wondering about Juggernaut & Leach off of the X3?

#1 Posted by LuckyLeft (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Leech's powers really negate the magical elements of Cyttorak if Juggs gets close enough, or is that just the movie?

Just wonderin'. I do remember Leech, but I always grew up under the impression that his power only affected mutants, and well, Juggs is magical......
#2 Posted by biggkeem89 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

That movie was all messed up. In X3, Juggernaut was not magically empowered, just a really strong and invulnerable mutant. Plus, he's not even related to Xavier in the movie.

#3 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

But yeah he was a mutant in X3. So it's better just forgotten.
#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Leech can neutralise the powers of other powered beings. 

I don't recall the movie Juggernaut stating that his strength was mystical.  He clearly wasn't Xavier's step-brother (Vinnie Jones realted to Patrick Stewart?  As if!).  So perhaps movie-Juggernaut was just another mutant after all...?

#5 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"

Leech can neutralise the powers of other powered beings. 

I don't recall the movie Juggernaut stating that his strength was mystical.  He clearly wasn't Xavier's step-brother (Vinnie Jones realted to Patrick Stewart?  As if!).  So perhaps movie-Juggernaut was just another mutant after all...?

"
yea i think they were trying to pass him off as just a mutant in the movie rather than going into depth about his true origins.
#6 Posted by cennobite (365 posts) - - Show Bio

The only reason they had Juggernaut as a mutant because as they put him in the film they had to have a way of stopping him, leech has no affect on magical powers. As for the being related to Xavier thing well that would have added an entire other storyline to the film which would have taken away from Jean going loony. 

#7 Posted by Hizang (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't try and get your mind around that one, the movie is its own universe, if your questioning this why not question the fact Phoenix kills Proffesor X, or the fact that Wolverine meets the X-Men after being saved by Storm and Cyclops?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.