What's with the stupid new helmet?

#1 Posted by MrErbac (115 posts) - - Show Bio

It resembles the one from that crappy movie X3, which I don't want to remember. Why change his iconic helmet after all these years? That's almost like taking the face from Batman's mask. Juggernaut now looks generic. I hate it. It's the tip of the iceberg of Juggernaut's downhill climb in comics since his appearance in Amazing Spiderman last year. 

#2 Posted by danhimself (22534 posts) - - Show Bio

could be an artist mistake who knows....I like the weaker Juggernaut better than the super powerful unbeatable Juggernaut

#3 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

It could be artistic interpretation... I must admit, I hadn't noticed.

#4 Posted by IrishX (2363 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
"I like the weaker Juggernaut better than the super powerful unbeatable Juggernaut "

I can't possibly imagine why. I mean he's..  the...  Juggernaut.... he's suppose to be super powerful unbeatable.
#5 Posted by hydrabob--defunct (14860 posts) - - Show Bio

Who cares he's totally about to take that hammer

#6 Posted by Jake Fury (18615 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut always get depowered when he's on the side of good or part of a team. It's just a plot device so writers can use him.
#7 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" Juggernaut always get depowered when he's on the side of good or part of a team. It's just a plot device so writers can use him. "
Exactly, then when/if he goes back to evil, then he becomes an unbeatable obstacle for the heroes to overcome.
#8 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" It could be artistic interpretation... I must admit, I hadn't noticed. "
^this
#9 Posted by SC (13092 posts) - - Show Bio

KFC came out with a new Burger called "The King Ding a Ling Sextuple Down and Pound™", its a burger that has no buns, instead its got whole deep fried chickens as the out layer of the sandwich, and wedged in between is a center layer of Crunchy Tofurkey, flanked by two strips of Bacon doused in the Colonels "secret sauces" then wrapped around those, are two pounds of real, real American grounded Beef. On the bottom third layer between the deep fried whole chicken and the pound of beef, is chocolate covered Turducken, making this six layered tower of food power complete. 

I hear (did you hear?) Juggernaut is a fan of this burger, but his old helmut didn't have a mouth hole large enough for him to get all that delicious burger in, so he did some DIY on his Helmut, circumcising it if you will, so he could better enjoy the guilty pleasure of the KFC King Ding a Ling Sextuple Down and Pound™. 

#10 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

Sadly that's not an artist interpretation, that's the helmet he's sporting in T-Bolts at the moment as well.  Juggs has been a push over for years now.   He's not really Juggernaut anymore, it's more like he's an armored up Cain Marko.  

#11 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: LOL!!!!!
#12 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
" KFC came out with a new Burger called "The King Ding a Ling Sextuple Down and Pound™", its a burger that has no buns, instead its got whole deep fried chickens as the out layer of the sandwich, and wedged in between is a center layer of Crunchy Tofurkey, flanked by two strips of Bacon doused in the Colonels "secret sauces" then wrapped around those, are two pounds of real, real American grounded Beef. On the bottom third layer between the deep fried whole chicken and the pound of beef, is chocolate covered Turducken, making this six layered tower of food power complete.  I hear (did you hear?) Juggernaut is a fan of this burger, but his old helmut didn't have a mouth hole large enough for him to get all that delicious burger in, so he did some DIY on his Helmut, circumcising it if you will, so he could better enjoy the guilty pleasure of the KFC King Ding a Ling Sextuple Down and Pound™.  "
Do you think of this stuff on your own?  

Frankly, I kind of like his helmet. Sorry. 
#13 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: that sounds awsome sure it might kill you but atleast you go full
#14 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor Loki, getting pushed over. 

#15 Posted by War Killer (20189 posts) - - Show Bio

Please don't tell me this whole Fear Itself thing isn't just going to be everyone fighting over hammers the whole time.......

#16 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't know but it sure does SUCK !! Looks like they're using the movie helmet.
#17 Posted by Vendel (352 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" @Jake Fury said:
" Juggernaut always get depowered when he's on the side of good or part of a team. It's just a plot device so writers can use him. "
Exactly, then when/if he goes back to evil, then he becomes an unbeatable obstacle for the heroes to overcome. "

The point that is missed by some (Jeff Parker) is that Cain shouldn't be fluctuating in power levels like he is. We had an entire series of comic books that were dedicated to repowering him permanently and making his evil motivations clear.  Then 'just because' they decide to ignore that and not really explain why. 

Honestly I am waiting for Marvel to stop taking a giant shit on him. A stupid helmet redesign is only a tiny fraction of that.
#18 Posted by Jake Fury (18615 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vendel said:
" @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" @Jake Fury said:
Exactly, then when/if he goes back to evil, then he becomes an unbeatable obstacle for the heroes to overcome. "
 The point that is missed by some (Jeff Parker) is that Cain shouldn't be fluctuating in power levels like he is. We had an entire series of comic books that were dedicated to repowering him permanently and making his evil motivations clear.  Then 'just because' they decide to ignore that and not really explain why.   Honestly I am waiting for Marvel to stop taking a giant shit on him. A stupid helmet redesign is only a tiny fraction of that. "

Cain has always fluctuated in power levels. It's nothing new. It was explained in ASM before he joined the current T-Bolts. Whether it was a satisfactory explanation is up for reader interpretation. Personally, I think when he's lowered in power levels he's more interesting than the alternative.
#19 Edited by Vendel (352 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:

" @Vendel said:

" @Jake Fury said:
 The point that is missed by some (Jeff Parker) is that Cain shouldn't be fluctuating in power levels like he is. We had an entire series of comic books that were dedicated to repowering him permanently and making his evil motivations clear.  Then 'just because' they decide to ignore that and not really explain why.   Honestly I am waiting for Marvel to stop taking a giant shit on him. A stupid helmet redesign is only a tiny fraction of that. "
Cain has always fluctuated in power levels. It's nothing new. It was explained in ASM before he joined the current T-Bolts. Whether it was a satisfactory explanation is up for reader interpretation. Personally, I think when he's lowered in power levels he's more interesting than the alternative. "

No Cain has not "always" fluctuated in power levels. And the times he has we have been given very specific reasons. The only times we have not? When Austin did it and now Parker. And strangely enough both times were so they could shoehorn him on a team.  

And no that Spider-Man story arc did not explain him losing his power levels. At the end of that story he did not suddenly lose power.  The explanation given in the Thunderbolts was basically "*shrug* maybe it was because of Captain Universe". That is not an expiation. That is the exact opposite of an explanation.  

And if you like the Imposternaut then that is your own personal preference. Just don't go calling him The Juggernaut. Although I don't know how anyone can like him being a generic punching bag brick. His runs on the X-Men and NEX were terrible. And this T-Bolts run is nothing special. 

I would stack up one of his fights with Thor against any of those runs. And I would stack "Nothing Can Stop The Juggernaut" against all of them combined.
#20 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2509 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury:  Exactly, otherwise the team dynamic would be somewhere along the lines of teaming Brock Lesnar up with a pack of one-legged chihuahuas.
#21 Posted by Icarusflies (12502 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait…people actually care if Juggernaut's helmet is changed? That thing is one of the most ridiculous looking things in all of comics. I thought the X-3 version was a great improvement.

#22 Edited by Jake Fury (18615 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vendel said:

" @Jake Fury said:

" @Vendel said:

" @Jake Fury said:
Cain has always fluctuated in power levels. It's nothing new. It was explained in ASM before he joined the current T-Bolts. Whether it was a satisfactory explanation is up for reader interpretation. Personally, I think when he's lowered in power levels he's more interesting than the alternative. "
 No Cain has not "always" fluctuated in power levels. And the times he has we have been given very specific reasons. The only times we have not? When Austin did it and now Parker. And strangely enough both times were so they could shoehorn him on a team.    And no that Spider-Man story arc did not explain him losing his power levels. At the end of that story he did not suddenly lose power.  The explanation given in the Thunderbolts was basically "*shrug* maybe it was because of Captain Universe". That is not an expiation. That is the exact opposite of an explanation.    And if you like the Imposternaut then that is your own personal preference. Just don't go calling him The Juggernaut. Although I don't know how anyone can like him being a generic punching bag brick. His runs on the X-Men and NEX were terrible. And this T-Bolts run is nothing special.   I would stack up one of his fights with Thor against any of those runs. And I would stack "Nothing Can Stop The Juggernaut" against all of them combined. "
Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed his classic battles with the likes of Thor, the X-Men, Hulk and many others. But, he's so extremely powerful that the only way to defeat him is through PIS or some other plot device. When I mentioned his power levels I meant they've always fluctuated when he's on the side of good. All I'm saying is if he's going to be featured in a book for a lengthy period it's not feasible for him to be at classic levels. I agree the Captain Universe explanation was a little weak (I thought it was explained in ASM but now I remember it was in his T-Bolts debut) but I enjoy Cain as a character overall and I've enjoyed Parker's work on T-Bolts so far.
#23 Posted by Foolkiller (168 posts) - - Show Bio

who cares if the helmet is different or like the one in the movie? people go through costume changes all the time. maybe his last helmet broke or its just too old and scratched up, it really doesn't matter. are you complaining because it looks like the x3 version? seriously, come on. 
he changed it, end of story.

#24 Edited by PowerHerc (83461 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently the Juggernaut's vaunted durability doesn't extend to matters of fashion design.   

The Juggernaut's helmet shouldn't change unless Cytorrak changes it.  If this change is written into a story (and the reason for it makes sense) then it's okay.   

That said; the Juggernaut's appearance shouldn't be subject to creator whimsy.  He didn't/doesn't buy his armor/clothing; it's been magically given to him.   
Logically, it shouldn't change.
#25 Posted by Omarpool (6773 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
" KFC came out with a new Burger called "The King Ding a Ling Sextuple Down and Pound™", its a burger that has no buns, instead its got whole deep fried chickens as the out layer of the sandwich, and wedged in between is a center layer of Crunchy Tofurkey, flanked by two strips of Bacon doused in the Colonels "secret sauces" then wrapped around those, are two pounds of real, real American grounded Beef. On the bottom third layer between the deep fried whole chicken and the pound of beef, is chocolate covered Turducken, making this six layered tower of food power complete.  I hear (did you hear?) Juggernaut is a fan of this burger, but his old helmut didn't have a mouth hole large enough for him to get all that delicious burger in, so he did some DIY on his Helmut, circumcising it if you will, so he could better enjoy the guilty pleasure of the KFC King Ding a Ling Sextuple Down and Pound™.  "
Are you being serious about that burger because I will go to KFC and buy three right now.
#26 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33338 posts) - - Show Bio

the artist hase only drawing him like that to better show his emotion

#27 Posted by The_Assassin_ (17437 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omarpool said:
" @SC said:
Are you being serious about that burger because I will go to KFC and buy three right now. "
I'll Drive.....
#28 Posted by HellionVulcan (3767 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: I also like the weaker juggernaut.
#30 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13122 posts) - - Show Bio

wait, wait, wait....... i thought it was explained bak in WWH:X-Men
#31 Posted by Detroit101 (150 posts) - - Show Bio

i say its fine...................
#32 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

could be an artists mistake, or foreshadowing considering this image with the classic helm?

Uncanny X-Men #540
#33 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
As long as they don't draw him looking like a Hi-C juice carton anymore i'm fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.