Whats Something That Can Stop The Juggernaut?

• 75 results
#1 Edited by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats Something That Can Stop The Juggernaut?

seen this discussion opened by friends on other forums and thought it would be a good topic here,
especially with the mystery involved. as Roger Stern (infamous for the Juggernaut cement fiasco of old)
takes over the writing chores of Amazing Spider-Man he has announced a three part story arc titled
"SOMETHING CAN STOP THE JUGGERNAUT!" in which something clearly does, raising the question
of what...or who? here are the solicitations, ive provided them so i could highlight key words.
take note of the details on the silhouette as well. enjoy.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN  #627 "SOMETHING CAN STOP THE JUGGERNAUT! PART 1 "When a pounding Spider-Sense headache leads Spider-Man to the comatose body of his biggest, toughest foe, he realizes that something -- or someone -- can indeed stop the Juggernaut! But who? How? And who are they coming for next? Can Spider-Man find out before it's too late? And will Peter Parker ever get to have dinner with Carlie Cooper? Roger Stern and Lee Weeks (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #580) return to unravel the mystery in the first part of the Spider-Man/Juggernaut Trilogy. Rated T …$3.99 

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #628 Written by ROGER STERN Pencils & Cover by LEE WEEKS IRON MAN BY DESIGN VARIANT by MIKE DEL MUNDO "SOMETHING CAN STOP THE JUGGERNAUT, PART 2" The Juggernaut lies helpless before a mysterious Cosmic Avatar who is determined to kill him -- and the only thing standing between them is Spider-Man. If Our Hero wants to prevent further mayhem, he has to try reasoning with an angry being who can squash him like a bug and he has to survive a high-speed chase from one end of Manhattan to the other. Roger Stern and Lee Weeks bring you the second sensational installment of the Spider-Man/Juggernaut Trilogy -- a story the Cosmic Avatar insisted that we call "Vengeance is Mine!" 32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #629 Written by ROGER STERN Pencils & Cover by LEE WEEKS "SOMETHING CAN STOP THE JUGGERNAUT, PART 3" Spider-Man and Juggernaut are trapped in an unearthly realm by a being of mind-bending power. But who is their tormentor? What's his connection with Spider-Man? And why does he hate the Juggernaut? All is revealed in a final showdown that threatens to shake Manhattan to its very foundations -- and brings the Spider-Man/Juggernaut Trilogy to a fateful conclusion! Whatever else you do this week, you dare not miss "With Greater Power...!" It's Marvel History-in-the-Making by Stern & Weeks! Plus, a prelude to the Return of the Lizard by Zeb Wells and Chris Bachalo. 32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

----
 -here is some of the ideas some people came up with, reasons for or against?

Onslaught
Captain Universe (or another Uni-Powered being?)
Beyonder
Nightmare
D'Spayre
the Stranger
Oblivion, or its herald Doorman, or possibly the older herald Deathurge
Cyttorak
Stonecutter

guesses? other?
#2 Edited by TheJuggernautpunch (6133 posts) - - Show Bio

So .... they finally created someone who can stop the Juggernaut ?

#3 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

Uni-powered characters were suggested by the way because that would be a sufficient power source to
do it if held by the right being, but more so someone suggested that the outlines on the silhouette's
energy blasts closely resembled those of a Uni-Power user. 

to sum up the highlighted parts

-something -- or someone -- can indeed stop...
-mysterious Cosmic Avatar who is determined to kill him
-story the Cosmic Avatar insisted that we call "Vengeance is Mine!"
-Spider-Man and Juggernaut are trapped in an unearthly realm by a being of mind-bending power.
-Why does he hate the Juggernaut?
-What's his connection with Spider-Man?

#4 Edited by TheJuggernautpunch (6133 posts) - - Show Bio

It may be heralds of Oblivion .
It may be Onslaught ( but i don't think so , although he has the reasons to hate the Juggernaut ) 
Beyonder ? Is that because of that Secret Wars 2 #7 ? I don't think he hate the Juggernaut .
Nightmare ? I don't think it's him .
Stranger ? Possibly . Good idea .
Cyttorak ? Well , he hasn't shown up since he left Crimson Cosmos , but i don't see the reason he would punish Juggernaut ( unless he wants to get total control of his mind , so Cain would be a perfect Juggernaut ) 
D'Spayre ? Very possibly .
Stonecutter ? I don't think so , Juggernaut overpowered him at Eighth Day Saga , so i don't see how Stonecutter would "beat " Juggernaut alone .

#5 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

im very against the ideas of Onslaught and Beyonder myself. aside from how corny that would be,
Beyonder doesnt have a good reason, and he's been retconned. Onslaught was last seen in the
Negative Zone, but i just doubt that. Oblivion stuff makes sense, sort of, Cain may have reneged
on his deal, or Cyttorak had an argument there (but how does that relate to Spider-Man). Nightmare
makes some sense, but he's not really a cosmic avatar, and he's already being used in spades as it is
around Marvel right now. Cyttorak almsot made sense, he could pull it off, but again, he isnt a cosmic
avatar, which theyre being very specific about in the previews. also he has no motovation for revenge.
D'Spare, Stranger and Stonecutter fit the bill, except powerwise, but im assuming their amped up by something
here (maybe Uni-Power, maybe not). 

I'm actually going with Stonecutter for right now actually because...
1. he has just cause to want revenge on Cain
2. he looks like the sillouette (which also looks like Juggernaut)
3. he is a cosmic avatar, being that of Raggadorr (who could have granted him more power?)
4. he has a connection to Spider-Man as thats the first comic he showed up in. in fact his operation was
based in the basement off the Daily Bugle, which was recently destroyed. Stonecutter vanished after his defeat
by Juggernaut (possible Stonecutter got some of the power from the God Machine, something to this effect
as well?)
5. the puzzle with him is the trapped in an unearthly realm by a being of mind-bending power. 
specifically the unearthly realm part. i was thinking maybe that being thats being mentioned isnt the same who 
attacks Juggernaut, but it's Raggadorr, and its his realm?

still need to think on it. im a big fan of Juggernauts mythos so im liking this. hopefully as well Stern is doing all
of this to make up to the fans the major error he made back when in ASM. 

i was thinking more and realized not alot of people seem to have a full idea of Juggernauts history
that ive run into. heres a very good and detailed run down of his appearances put in cronological order.
goes on for pages, on the bottom of each page click JUGGERNAUTS CRONOLOGY CONTINUES
to go to the next. there may be some good details in there as to this mystery.
http://www.leaderslair.com/marvelvillains/juggernaut.html 

oh and heres a funny picture of Juggernaut i ran into while i was out and about.

#6 Edited by TheJuggernautpunch (6133 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE: I have almost all Juggernaut's appearances , even more than that site mentioned in chronology . Your idea with Stonecutter is good , but .... I can't remember Stonecutter having ability to fly . This sillouette resembles Stonecutter , but what's with those spike balls on hands and on lower body ?I know that Stonecutter can create different machines , engines , etc... Maybe it's his "made on his own" upgrade ( or after Raggadorr amped him up ) . But your idea with God Machine is kinda ..incorrect . Because after that all the Exemplars were chasing the Juggernaut . They captured him and tried to kill him in their flying fortress , but couldn't . Then a lot of other heroes appeared to save the Juggernaut , but failed . It was Bedlam , who freed them all , and then Inferno launched all other Exemplars with her into the sky . So other Exemplars must be somewhere in the cosmos now , or somewhere else .
#7 Posted by TheJuggernautpunch (6133 posts) - - Show Bio

But , overall , your idea is really good . I was thinking more of D'Spayre , but (after reading your thoughts ) it seems that it can be Stonecutter .

#8 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheJuggernautpunch: 
cool. thanks. thats why i wanted to make this thread. i know we have alot of Juggernaut hardcores here. 
im curious to see what comes up. hopefully like i said Sterns doesnt just screw everyone again.
D'Spayre was my first choice for awhile, but his correlation to Spider-Man isnt really there, and logically
after what he saw Juggernaut do, im thinking he would probably stay as far away from Cain as possible.
#9 Edited by TheJuggernautpunch (6133 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:

" @TheJuggernautpunch:  cool. thanks. thats why i wanted to make this thread. i know we have alot of Juggernaut hardcores here.  im curious to see what comes up. hopefully like i said Sterns doesnt just screw everyone again. D'Spayre was my first choice for awhile, but his correlation to Spider-Man isnt really there, and logically after what he saw Juggernaut do, im thinking he would probably stay as far away from Cain as possible. "

Another good point . So , if we want to choose from someone who really hates the Juggernaut ( wants revenge ) and has connection to Spider-Man , someone who is a cosmic avatar of being ( must be Raggadorr in our case ) , and has enough power to stop the Juggernaut ( although it must be some upgrade , as we see ) - it must be Stonecutter . We will find it out when it shows up in comic stores and on the internet . BTW , when does the first part come out ?
#10 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheJuggernautpunch: 
man, its got my brain racked because others could qualify. lol.
press date from Marvel for the first issue is March 31st, and ASM comes out bi-monthly.
#11 Edited by TheJuggernautpunch (6133 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE: Damn , so long to wait . And ( as you said ) , i hope Sterns won't screw anyone in this trilogy . I want a good modern comic about the Juggernaut , and hope this will be worth reading . Reading Mark of Cain is good , but i'm more into 616 continuity , so let's hope this comic won't disappoint us .
#12 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

War Hulk (not WWH),  but the Hulk augmented by Apocalypse.

#13 Edited by kenshiroo (920 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheJuggernautpunch said:

" @CATMANEXE said:

" @TheJuggernautpunch:  cool. thanks. thats why i wanted to make this thread. i know we have alot of Juggernaut hardcores here.  im curious to see what comes up. hopefully like i said Sterns doesnt just screw everyone again. D'Spayre was my first choice for awhile, but his correlation to Spider-Man isnt really there, and logically after what he saw Juggernaut do, im thinking he would probably stay as far away from Cain as possible. "

Another good point . So , if we want to choose from someone who really hates the Juggernaut ( wants revenge ) and has connection to Spider-Man , someone who is a cosmic avatar of being ( must be Raggadorr in our case ) , and has enough power to stop the Juggernaut ( although it must be some upgrade , as we see ) - it must be Stonecutter . We will find it out when it shows up in comic stores and on the internet . BTW , when does the first part come out ? "

Both have very good deductions, I agree that possibly was the last Stonecutter (Raggador’s avatar) who once was defeated by Juggernaut in the most humiliating form. Stonecutter could be the one to justify retaliation against Juggernaut. Of course if he would have to be improved or increased his powers even he can fly but is sure someone who knows both (Juggernaut and Spidey probably in Juggernaut eighty day) because he knows the only weak point where clearly Juggernaut was attacked in the picture: his mind.

Apparently seem someone who knows very well the weakness of juggernaut because is intentionally destroyed his helmet and it is not surprising that Juggernaut has been attacked by a very powerful mental blast to left in a coma or unconscious momentarily. I bet that Stonecutter can probably be the cosmic avatar who claims his revenge.

#14 Posted by Bor (734 posts) - - Show Bio

Any news after one month ?

#15 Posted by Juggernaut smash! (2 posts) - - Show Bio

In that picture of juggernaut in the ground next to spider-man is he smiling lol. It looks like he is!

#16 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bor: 
nadda. Marvel is doing a pretty good job keeping it hush.
i kind of like that too, because i dont want this to be easy to figure out.
4 more issues, cant wait, especially with the positive direction ASM
had been going lately.
#17 Posted by Bor (734 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE:  

Yes it is not easy to be calm when i think about it.

I hope (when i observe Jugg on last picture) that this trilogy in fact shows Jugg as even more powerfull than ussual or so.
Mayby any new skills or a bit more power from Cyttorak?
I hope that it would be worth fo waiting.
#18 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bor: 
I hear you about the last picture. looks like Juggs isnt going to
take this sitting down. like i said before i hope thats the case
here because despite his great work on Spider-Man, Sterns
owes Juggs one.
#19 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4720 posts) - - Show Bio

Onslaught and everyone thats more powerful than him...

#20 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yung ANcient One: 
its not a real question, its a promo for an upcoming comic book.
#21 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4720 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE: oh alright then
#22 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

HMM...

#23 Edited by Bor (734 posts) - - Show Bio

3 days left... :P

#24 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bor: 
thanks for the bump...update time

Amazing Spider-Man #627, Something Can Stop The juggernaut Part 1
On Sale: March 31, 2010  

post game!
before the release, Marvel has provided the original encounter between 
Spider-Man and Juggernaut by Roger Stern which occurred in ASM#229-230
for free via Marvel Digital Comics. read more about it here.

read the 6 page preview of Amazing Spider-Man #627 here.

Amazing Spider-Man #628, Something Can Stop The Juggernaut Part 2
On Sale: April 21, 2010   

Iron Man by Design cover variant 

Amazing Spider-Man #629, Something Can Stop The Juggernaut Part 3
On Sale: April 28, 2010     

let the countdown begin!
#25 Posted by Ovidyuu (60 posts) - - Show Bio

juggernaut was beaten before so i dont see whats so special about this

#26 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a silly question about juggernaut here, lets say that he cannot be stopped due to his mystic enhancements from Cyttorak . But can he trip on lets say on a huge chunk of adamantium [for argument's sake] or slip on a banana peel? and so does he slide or will his excessive forward motion unstoppablility make him tumble and roll onwards for a long time?

can he change in mid movement as well?

#27 Posted by Subject 30 (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Could Nightcrawler teleport Juggernaut really high into the air, causing him to fall so far into the Earth, he either burns up in the core, or is trapped in a hole?

#28 Posted by TheJuggernautpunch (6133 posts) - - Show Bio
@Subject 30: He won't burn up in core . And he will find the way to get out of there .
And stop this off-topic , it's about the upcoming issues .
#29 Posted by Bor (734 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ovidyuu said:
" juggernaut was beaten before so i dont see whats so special about this "
He was beaten but only by mental attacks and hurt by mystical-magical attacks.
#30 Edited by Ovidyuu (60 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bor said:

" @Ovidyuu said:

" juggernaut was beaten before so i dont see whats so special about this "
He was beaten but only by mental attacks and hurt by mystical-magical attacks. "
but if a cosmic avatar did this to him it must have used magic not brute force
#31 Posted by The Gray Fox (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm betting the big bad of this story is a person who lost someone or something very precious to them during the events of "Nothing Can Stop The Juggernaut" when the fight between Jugs and Spidey broke out and has now gained The Uni-Power of Captain Universe and by fueling The Uni-Power with his (or perhaps her) overwhelming Red Lantern-esque rage over this undetermined loss has become one of the most powerful beings to have ever donned the mantle of Captain Universe in Marvel History. 

A Captain Universe so powerful that even The Juggernaut's Crimson Gem of Cyttorak-born power pales almost too greatly in comparison. Which, if you think about it, is a very frightening concept. Uni-Power wielders can become extremely dangerous if they are able to grasp even the most basic fundamentals of the power they wield.

#32 Posted by Son Of The Northwind (293 posts) - - Show Bio

#33 Posted by TheJuggernautpunch (6133 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Gray Fox: Wrong . Crimson Gem >>>>>>> Uni-power .
#34 Edited by The Gray Fox (1815 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheJuggernautpunch said:

" @The Gray Fox: Wrong . Crimson Gem >>>>>>> Uni-power . "

For now it is, but...I am not going any further into this type of discussion until it has been revealed whether The Juggernaut's attacker is a Captain Universe or not and if not, then I simply won't participate in the discussion any further than I already have as everything I have said and might say will and would be irrelevant to the discussion.
#35 Posted by Son Of The Northwind (293 posts) - - Show Bio

It may be another being of Cyttorak wanting to get the bands

#36 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

#37 Posted by Son Of The Northwind (293 posts) - - Show Bio

And now, In Color!

#38 Edited by The Gray Fox (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or does Cain look happy that he got his ass handed to him? Because it looks as if he is wearing a smile on his face.

#39 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Gray Fox said:
" Is it just me or does Cain look happy that he got his ass handed to him? Because it looks as if he is wearing a smile on his face. "
hahaha wow, good eye.
#40 Posted by Son Of The Northwind (293 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Gray Fox: thats what brain damage does to you
#41 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Gray Fox: 
he also relieved himself in his pants at that moment. i know i would be smiling.

something tells me, maybe the last issues cover, that Cain comes out ahead in the end of this.
i wonder if this is going to have any relevance to Cain joining the Thunderbolts in Herioc Age or not?
#42 Edited by The Gray Fox (1815 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Edited by The Gray Fox (1815 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:

" gah. man i was off. okay the next question then is

"

#45 Edited by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Gray Fox: 
i know, i read it. not from your spoiler, but the actual comic. but thanks.
i wasnt asking you specifically, hence why i didnt use the Reply function.
i was asking anyones guesses as to the identity of the character.
#46 Edited by The Gray Fox (1815 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:

" @The Gray Fox:  i know, i read it. not from your spoiler, but the actual comic. but thanks. i wasnt asking you specifically, hence why i didnt use the Reply function. i was asking anyones guesses as to the identity of the character. "

Oh...ooops...hmm...well, I don't know. An evil Norrin Radd from The House of M Universe?
#47 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm calling it now. The host is Prof X :)

#48 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody: 
thats actually pretty interesting.
still going with Stonecutter here, thinking maybe his last boss fired him or something.
i dont know though, ive been looking at it from the angle only of their prior story.
could be someone they both ran into in different books.
#49 Edited by The Gray Fox (1815 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE:  
Stonecutter? As in Stonecutter of The Exemplars? That...completely makes sense when I think about it. I mean aside from Prof. X, what other skinny bald guys have both The Juggernaut and Spider-Man met/fought before? Well, okay, back in the 90's he wasn't so skinny but people change with time.
#50 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

cant say i see that as skinny. hes more buff than Peter is.
the bald thing doesnt have to work here (though im not saying the character isnt)
because most Caps when in Universo from get there hair covered.
Xavier is a very very good theory though. Spider-Man calls Professor X, but cant reach him. 
if the Uni-Power decided it needed to take down Juggernaut for some reason (which appears is
the case), being omniscient who would it choose for that task as a host.

I also see a hole in my own theory. Its in the way Captain Universe addresses  
Spider-Man. He definatly knows him, but seems to be his friend, or at least on the same
side. He says Spider-man as in " What are you doing here? ". Stonecutter doesnt fit. he wouldnt
give Spider-man that chance, nor care at all. He wouldve smacked him aside.

yep, Nobody your first in. I think you got this one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.