Whatever happened to Cain Marko?

#1 Posted by nonfiction91 (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

Just wondering whats to become of the previous juggernaut. obviously he wont be back for thunderbolts (how does thunder make a bolt anyway*shrug*), but is he going to be let go because hes powerless, maybe join osborn in whatever he's cooking up in the way that scorpion joined with smythe and got his old power back? mind you cytorrak is a whole nother level of power but im sure he can figure something out, osborn. thats jus the tip of my guesses but I'd really like to hear other ideas, please share :)

#2 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is this in the Vulcan forum?

#3 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm kinda hoping that this will be a new era for Cain Marko. I mean he probably won't become a nice guy but without the power of the Juggernaut corrupting him or protecting him he's on his own. Anyone remember X-Men Forever where one future had Cain depowered but using technology to be a mercenary? I think he had Klaw's sonic converter thing and Citizen V's flying V-Wing.

#5 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe he will join Sin and her group

#6 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

I wondered about what will happened with Cain Marko? I hope he plays a major role in the future X-Men titles as a main villain like he was when he was the Juggernaut.

#7 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he will get the Juggernaut powers back eventually. Maybe in a year, maybe in ten years.

#8 Posted by JReed2008 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he gets the Juggernaut powers back, he is seriously BA

#9 Posted by SlimJ87D (9589 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anyone seriously answer what has happen to him? In the comic vine entry it says he's not completely powerless. Can someone elaborate on this?

#10 Posted by frozenedge (1191 posts) - - Show Bio

Has he even shown up in any comics after getting his powers taken from him?

#11 Posted by DATNIGGA (1188 posts) - - Show Bio

after fear itself i havent seen him at all

#12 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

we have all seen the power levels Cain was capable of when he really let go and we have yet to see anything close to that (yet alone basic level Juggernaut powers) from Colossus. Now where am I going with this, well one simple question, who said there can only be one Juggernaut? Cyottak could have very well split the power between the two and be standing back waiting to see who deserves his power more. I'd like to see the two guys battle not just physically but mentally as well. I love Cain, but honestly I only loved him as Juggs. Although now that I think about it having Cain and Piotr both working together does seem like an interesting concept.

#13 Posted by MagneticShockwave (1244 posts) - - Show Bio
@Walker696 said:

we have all seen the power levels Cain was capable of when he really let go and we have yet to see anything close to that (yet alone basic level Juggernaut powers) from Colossus. Now where am I going with this, well one simple question, who said there can only be one Juggernaut? Cyottak could have very well split the power between the two and be standing back waiting to see who deserves his power more. I'd like to see the two guys battle not just physically but mentally as well. I love Cain, but honestly I only loved him as Juggs. Although now that I think about it having Cain and Piotr both working together does seem like an interesting concept.

I believe there is one Juggernaut per every universe being powered by one Cyttorak whether it be Cain or some entirely different character.
#14 Posted by Watcherg6 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

@MagneticShockwave: we have all seen the power levels Cain was capable of when he really let go and we have yet to see anything close to that (yet alone basic level Juggernaut powers) from Colossus. Now where am I going with this, well one simple question, who said there can only be one Juggernaut? Cyottak could have very well split the power between the two and be standing back waiting to see who deserves his power more. I'd like to see the two guys battle not just physically but mentally as well. I love Cain, but honestly I only loved him as Juggs. Although now that I think about it having Cain and Piotr both working together does seem like an interesting concept.

I believe there is one Juggernaut per every universe being powered by one Cyttorak whether it be Cain or some entirely different character.

My question is will J2 Come to this Marvel universe? Hulk has a Son, Spiderman, has had a kid. Bring J2 Back!

J2 J2 J2 J2

#15 Posted by timotaka (3 posts) - - Show Bio

According to what has been previously established, Cain Marko and Colossus should now be sharing the power of the Juggernaut, and the only way for Colossus to gain it fully is to kill Marko. While continuity is what it is in comics, I really would like to see that maintained here, as it would make for an interesting character moment for Colossus.

#16 Posted by celticcat (11 posts) - - Show Bio

It will be interesting to see where they take Marko now, his character is at a crossroads, do they turn him good now he no longer possesses Cyttorak's power gem so he can no longer can be corrupted or will they keep him bad and go after Colossus to retrieve his lost power? If they turn Colossus evil, maybe Cain can become a thorn in the side of the new Juggernaut, knows how Cyttorak's power works so could give him a slight edge over Colossus, but will have to find a way to become stronger so he can fight him because the way Marko is right now, there's no way he can defeat the new Juggernaut, same storyline could work if they choose to keep Marko evil, so it can work both ways.

#17 Posted by Vendel (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@celticcat said:

It will be interesting to see where they take Marko now, his character is at a crossroads, do they turn him good now he no longer possesses Cyttorak's power gem so he can no longer can be corrupted or will they keep him bad and go after Colossus to retrieve his lost power? If they turn Colossus evil, maybe Cain can become a thorn in the side of the new Juggernaut, knows how Cyttorak's power works so could give him a slight edge over Colossus, but will have to find a way to become stronger so he can fight him because the way Marko is right now, there's no way he can defeat the new Juggernaut, same storyline could work if they choose to keep Marko evil, so it can work both ways.

Well Cain was always an evil son of a bitch. That is why he made such a good Juggernaut. Cyttorak didn't need to corrupt him.

#18 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Is he back to a normal human being without the blessing of Cyttorak or does he still have some power?

#19 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vendel said:

@celticcat said:

Well Cain was always an evil son of a bitch. That is why he made such a good Juggernaut. Cyttorak didn't need to corrupt him.

I wouldn't say he was evil, more so, his motivations are usually dictated by greed.

#20 Posted by Vendel (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese said:

@Vendel said:

@celticcat said:

I wouldn't say he was evil, more so, his motivations are usually dictated by greed.

From his first appearance (X-Men 12) Xavier explains sensing evil from Cain the first time they met.

#21 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vendel: And yet at one point he was chosen by the enigma force to become Captain Universe?

#22 Posted by Vendel (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vendel: And yet at one point he was chosen by the enigma force to become Captain Universe?

Yes and?

#23 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vendel said:

Yes and?

It means he's not entirely evil. As Captain Universe he actually got the task done of repairing the tectonic fault lines. Now if he had been completely evil, then he would have just tried to abuse that power and go rampant.

#24 Posted by Vendel (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vendel said:

Yes and?

It means he's not entirely evil. As Captain Universe he actually got the task done of repairing the tectonic fault lines. Now if he had been completely evil, then he would have just tried to abuse that power and go rampant.

Abusing his power? Like killing thousands of people without giving it a second thought?

#25 Posted by Oshtur (150 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vendel said:

@Vendel said:

Yes and?

Abusing his power? Like killing thousands of people without giving it a second thought?

When Juggernaut knocked down the World Trade Center, that was evilier than nine eleven. He didn't give people much time to get out. But, in another reality, he was standing at the collapse of the WTC with Doom and Magneto when the terrorist took it down.

Juggernaut on the left side

#26 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

Currently he rocks out three nights a week in a Kiss cover band somewhere in Michigan.

#27 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see him going around the world trying to find power again. He was an adventurer he should search the world in a mini series search for power. I would like to see him take a cocktail of the supersoldier serum, Red Skulls super serum, Green goblins serum, inject him self with the radioactive spider venom (but not gain the same abilities). Take the experiments of every known powerhouse and try them out trying to gain more power to reach where he was. they could all be modified to make sure he stays looking the same (human) but gaining power and causing destruction until Cyttorak gives him the gem and power back creating an all new more powerful villain

#28 Posted by GothikKnight (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Can there be more than One Juggernaut ?

Answer = YES. Juggernaut once handed the Gem of Cyttorak to Black Tom and Shared the Juggernaut with Black Tom. But Juggernaut did not like being weakened to Half his power level, and toook the power back from Black Tom, and then through the gem into Space to keep anyone else from holding and reading the words.

Just Saying ;)

#29 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me say thisfirst and foremost I'm a big fan of 616 Colossus! Simple math when you add two plus two you get 4. I think you know where I'm going with this. If not, well then if you add the power of Colossus with the power of the Juggernaut, you get an all new more powerful Juggernaut, even if Colossus was given half the strength of the Juggernaut. Colossus is no pushover by a long shot, and if I'm not mistaken Cain hasn't given in to the will of Cytorak, which would have prevented him from having the full Juggernaut power, or he would turn into a demon of sorts, Colossus on the other hand has changed physically,to some sort of creature but he fought temptation, and reverted back.

#30 Posted by gwilburn12 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

He will be back in a few months

#31 Posted by Dustellar (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Cain is back in Dark Avengers #182 in October...maybe in Dark Avengers #181 this Wednesday :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.